Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   The Exercise Past the Garden Gate (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=450455)

mviesprite Sun, Mar-03-13 11:21

Sun Mar 3

Got up way too early for a Sunday but decided to take my walk pre-sunrise. It was overcast and was actually too dark to photograph really. I did 45 min because I dropped my sunglasses and had to go back and climb down to where the daffodils were...
Blurry photo -pine sprouts near the "mother tree" in a lit up plaza...
[IMG][/IMG]
Artemis was ready for her close-up...

Since it was so early (nobody up but the wild turkeys) I was able to climb down to this area to get a close up pic of the daffodils - tweaked the color the best I could because it was too dark.
[IMG][/IMG]
Artemis's neighbor in the plaza - one of the Wright Bros?
[IMG][/IMG]
And surprise! Azaleas which also needed some color correction. (dark)
[IMG][/IMG]
I think Artemis was whispering to me that I dropped my sunglasses in the daffodils (silly me-had them "just in case") so I retraced my photo steps and there they were. White roses on the way back - color tweaked.
[IMG][/IMG]

Aradasky Sun, Mar-03-13 15:35

the difference in the photos, via sun and no sun, is a good contrast. I like it.

mviesprite Sun, Mar-03-13 16:37

Thanks Arlene - honestly I stay out of the sun as much as possible. Most of my shots will be pre-sunrise or as the sun is setting. I am completely living in the wrong place as far as heat/sun goes. I've never gotten used to the summers here.

Aradasky Sun, Mar-03-13 19:09

Here in So Cal, I hate heat! I am not a happy camper in the sun and I live in Beach country..... I burn and peel.

Oh well, I do LOVE the ocean. No complaints.

vsalmon Sun, Mar-03-13 19:41

Oh...the flowers are beautiful...what a nice walk!

mviesprite Mon, Mar-04-13 00:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradasky
Here in So Cal, I hate heat! I am not a happy camper in the sun and I live in Beach country..... I burn and peel.

Oh well, I do LOVE the ocean. No complaints.

Yes, me too. I would love the ocean as well - hoping to move to the Bay area at some point..I keep saying that ... I do like the Sierras here - nice to live so close.

mviesprite Mon, Mar-04-13 00:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalmon
Oh...the flowers are beautiful...what a nice walk!

It was! I do like being out early. Not quite awake, but that's ok :)

CallmeAnn Mon, Mar-04-13 10:24

Kat, you may be just the person to help me with a photo problem. I had the DH take a front and a side view to post on the gallery but one of them came out sideways. He didn't do anything different but one came out right and the other one didn't. I went in to my gallery of saved photos and clicked it so I could edit. After I rotated it, though, I can't find any way to save the new version. I am on a PC, using Windows Seven.

mviesprite Mon, Mar-04-13 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
Kat, you may be just the person to help me with a photo problem. I had the DH take a front and a side view to post on the gallery but one of them came out sideways. He didn't do anything different but one came out right and the other one didn't. I went in to my gallery of saved photos and clicked it so I could edit. After I rotated it, though, I can't find any way to save the new version. I am on a PC, using Windows Seven.

Hi Ann - there isn't a little save box icon on top with the others? With printer/cut/paste etc or if you click file and the drop down should say save as... and you can save it where you like - it's easier for me to save to desktop.
I'm not terribly technical, just know the basics. This is new to me too :)

mviesprite Mon, Mar-04-13 22:17

Mon Mar 4

30 min of dance tonight. I'd go longer but I'm really hungry at this point - didn't have much of a snack. I can't eat a lot before exercise...makes me feel kind of ill... :help:

Everytime We Touch

CallmeAnn Mon, Mar-04-13 22:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviesprite
Hi Ann - there isn't a little save box icon on top with the others? With printer/cut/paste etc or if you click file and the drop down should say save as... and you can save it where you like - it's easier for me to save to desktop.
I'm not terribly technical, just know the basics. This is new to me too :)

No, this is in the MS gallery thingy. I've looked and looked. I can click an 'edit' icon and do the rotation but then when I hit save, it says it's in an inaccessible location. :help:

mviesprite Tue, Mar-05-13 00:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
No, this is in the MS gallery thingy. I've looked and looked. I can click an 'edit' icon and do the rotation but then when I hit save, it says it's in an inaccessible location. :help:

I'll come answer in your J -
Kat

CallmeAnn Tue, Mar-05-13 13:12

I got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviesprite
I'll come answer in your J -
Kat

The description is in my journal. Just go see how far I have to go.

mviesprite Tue, Mar-05-13 21:54

Tues Mar 5

I ended up at work way too early in spite of an alarm that didn't go off - so I walked for 15 min. I'll walk another 15 soon - but here are this AM's photos.
A cherry tree in bloom...
[IMG][/IMG]
This was as close as I could get to the feral cats in the area to take a pic. A nice lady in this building feeds them in the mornings.
[IMG][/IMG]
A flock of birds flew overhead...
[IMG][/IMG]
Blue rosemary flowers next to orange pyracantha bushes was such a pretty color combo - I had to fix the color a bit..
[IMG][/IMG]
Wildflowers among the rubble piles...
[IMG][/IMG]
Film critic?
[IMG][/IMG]

vsalmon Wed, Mar-06-13 01:07

Lovely pictures...I love the flowers coming out! I have sunshine, warmer weather and lots of fresh powder snow!