Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do I add a picture to my signature? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=145651)

maryc Wed, Oct-29-03 09:41

How do I add a picture to my signature?

Hi!
How do I add a picture to my signature?

I have the picture I want to add on my hard drive.

Thanks!

meows Wed, Oct-29-03 10:00

Go under your profile, then select signature from the list that runs left to right and you'll see where to Browse for your pic :)

maryc Wed, Oct-29-03 10:11

Hi!! Meows!!

I went there and I don't have a browse button. :(

I tried the avitars and got a teeny one in there. but I wanted to have it in my signature.

Kristine Wed, Oct-29-03 10:13

Hi Mary. :wave: I've moved your question to the "Technical Questions" forum. You should be able to find the answer in the 'sticky' post at the top of the forum. It requires some knowledge of vB code. Scroll to the bottom of the screen where it says "forum rules". It'll say "vB code is on" (or off). Click that to get to a list of codes. Hope that helps. :cool:

Question to Wa'il or Doreen - is there a more prominent link to the vB code "cheat sheet" that I couldn't find? Could we stick one in the FAQ?

maryc Wed, Oct-29-03 10:19

Thanks Kristine!

I tried to find the technical forum and wasn't sucessful thanks for moving me! :)

Kristine Wed, Oct-29-03 10:20

Oops - you're quick. ;) I just edited my post.

doreen T Wed, Oct-29-03 10:22

Unfortunately, signature pictures can't be uploaded from your hard drive. They can only be linked to an image that's posted on a webpage that allows hyper-linking.

Doreen

Kristine Wed, Oct-29-03 10:25

Oh crapola - I forgot. :rolleyes: Sorry, Mary.

Still applies, though. ;) Once you upload your image to your webspace, you can link to it with the [ img ] code.

maryc Wed, Oct-29-03 10:26

Hmmm
Well maybe I'll just keep it as an avitar then.

Thanks Everyone!

HAve a great day!!

maryc Wed, Oct-29-03 10:27

Do I have a webspace?

meows Wed, Oct-29-03 12:33

Ooops, my bad before...sorry for the wrong info. You'd need to have your pic on a website of your own or someone else's...then you put in

[img]your website addy/file name[/img]

Hope that helps

SeeMyself Wed, Oct-29-03 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Unfortunately, signature pictures can't be uploaded from your hard drive. They can only be linked to an image that's posted on a webpage that allows hyper-linking.

Doreen

I still don't get it, When I go up to my signature, do I copy and paste the website that has the picture I want to use and then add img to front and back of it. Sorry I just don't have any clue on this one, I really need "walked thru"
example [img.www.website.com/my picture.img] would it look something like this? :confused: :confused:

SeeMyself Wed, Oct-29-03 18:40

:lol: :lol:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Some websites permit linking to their images, and some do not. Sites (or their servers) that do not permit linking to images will often automatically re-write http: addresses, so that the image cannot be accessed from a remote link. In Computerspeak, it's called "hot linking" or worse "bandwidth stealing". Most people are totally unaware of this as a problem, and do not intentionally mean to "steal" someone else's bandwidth.

Hope this is helpful to you all.

Doreen

I do believe I've got it!!! :yay: Just takes me awhile.....I am getting older :lol: :lol:

Aragorn Wed, Jan-21-04 01:48

I hope no one minds if I bump this up. I have come across a few people who are having problems adding pics to their Signatures.

Jim

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jan-21-04 09:55

ok...i got it!! when you find a pic that you want to put in your siggie and its on your hard drive, you first have to upload it into your gallery....once its in your gallery, right click on it and copy....then go to your siggie area and on the place where you would write your message right click again and paste...whalah!!! it'll be there!! if its too big for your liking you'll have to edit the picture in your documents and adjust the size....under imaging...attributes....adjust size to your liking, then upload back into gallery and follow the above steps again!! too cool!!