Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How to start a journal (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=34155)

starlite Fri, Mar-01-02 01:08

Great idea - when I first started doing low carb a long time ago, the first thing I did was bought one of those empty books you can buy and I logged everything - I did count my carbs and cals, yes, but I jotted down what I'd eaten, then it turned into a diary of sorts and it was really helpful - I would write in there for everything after a while - it was like my journal was my support for the diet!

L Fesler Tue, Apr-02-02 19:33

journal

Thank you Tamarian, I am so interested in all of you that share so openly. Could you give me some discussion guidelines, are we allowed to ask personal questions? I see that you are the administrater, does that mean that it is your job? How does the woe effect those living in your household? Are these proper questions to ask?
Thanks,
Linda

tamarian Tue, Apr-02-02 20:31

Re: journal

Quote:
Originally posted by L Fesler
Thank you Tamarian, I am so interested in all of you that share so openly. Could you give me some discussion guidelines, are we allowed to ask personal questions? I see that you are the administrater, does that mean that it is your job? How does the woe effect those living in your household? Are these proper questions to ask?
Thanks,
Linda

Hi Linda,

Personal questions will depend on the person.

I'm a software engineer by profession, so administring this website is just my hobby, but it always manages to be a full time job by itself ;)

And there's only myself in my household :( so LC is working fine in that case :)

Wa'il

me-again Wed, Apr-10-02 20:44

Cool!!!!

I am new, I intorduced myself on Pammyjos thread. I am gonna go check out the journal!

Yank_in_NC Wed, Oct-23-02 07:49

Strawberries

Grace:

Thanks for your post. I wasn't sure what type of fruit we can eat. I'm completing my third week tomorrow. I do know that apples are very high in carbs. Which fruit is the best for Lcers?

Kim

AlleyTD Sat, Nov-30-02 21:54

Testing

butrf1yb1u Fri, Feb-14-03 01:56

:confused: couple questions..

ummmm....wheres the "new reply" button? Is this the same as the "post reply" button?

I dont have a journal link ...what am I doing wrong ..or what havent I done?

Does the daily script kick in at a certain time and will I see a journal link icon on my posts tomorrow? If not then could someone please inform me on what Im overlooking?

Huge thanks in advance!! :)

butrf1yb1u Fri, Feb-14-03 09:31

nm....the journal links are up now. :)

Hyacinth68 Mon, Feb-24-03 22:30

I have always wanted to start a journal but- some how never get to it, life kinda gets in the way. :(

DarB Sun, Apr-13-03 15:49

Can't find link to my journal

I click on the Avatar, takes me to my profile, but there is no link in there for journal...am I doing something wrong? I posted an entry...but am fairly new...do you have to be here for awhile before you can do the journal thing???
Thanks for your help

Rosebud Sun, Apr-13-03 16:06

Hi Darleen,

You are doing nothing wrong. The journal icons are only updated once a day for new journals, so some time in the next 24 hours your little icon will apear. :thup: (It will also appear at the bottom of each of your posts)

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

DarB Sun, Apr-13-03 16:36

Thank you

Thank you once again Rosebud...am I keeping you busy with my questions...This site takes some getting used to...and I guess there is always going to be something I am wondering about.
I have another question if you don't mind...
When I want to reply to someone, I usually click on the Reply button, but that shows up on my link...how do I reply to a person directly...when I reply and it shows up in my link...I am wondering if the person will get it??? :q: :confused:
Thanks again

shalizbet Mon, Jul-21-03 17:50

Journal Thread

Thanks so much for such a clear definition and explanation of the journal thing! I'd been looking all over for it! You're so thoughtful!

Alea Tue, Jul-22-03 13:07

how does this work?

shalizbet Tue, Jul-22-03 17:27

Hi, Alea. I'm going to leave it to someone more expert than I to explain journals to you, but just want to say "Welcome to the forum!". It helped me to get the journal thing better when I clicked on other people's journal links (and mine is a pretty weak example as yet so I don't really recommend it) and read what was posted there. Then you can create your own.

Hope you find lots of great info and enjoy the friendly posts here. I hung around for several days just reading, and then couldn't resist joining.

Good luck on your LC journey! :rose: