Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1 Month :) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=425356)

Burk Wed, Mar-23-11 18:04

1 Month :)

Probably doesn't seem like much to most, but considering I started and failed induction close to 20 times before finally getting it right (so far) , I'm pretty excited and even a little bit proud :D .

The changes have been great so far. I've lost about 30ish pounds (Friday is my weigh day) , and feel a lot better. I'm no longer obsessed with what I'm eating during the day and often forget meals if I'm out and about as I'm just not that hungry most of the time. Overall I just feel like I'm finally in control.

Aside from the physical changes so far, I've also started to reverse some of the anti-social habits I've developed over the past few years as well. A little bit of hope seems to go a long ways as I actually stop and visit friends and family now instead of avoiding them.

Thanks for reading.
:wave:

LC_Justin Wed, Mar-23-11 18:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burk
Probably doesn't seem like much to most, but considering I started and failed induction close to 20 times before finally getting it right (so far) , I'm pretty excited and even a little bit proud :D .

The changes have been great so far. I've lost about 30ish pounds (Friday is my weigh day) , and feel a lot better. I'm no longer obsessed with what I'm eating during the day and often forget meals if I'm out and about as I'm just not that hungry most of the time. Overall I just feel like I'm finally in control.

Aside from the physical changes so far, I've also started to reverse some of the anti-social habits I've developed over the past few years as well. A little bit of hope seems to go a long ways as I actually stop and visit friends and family now instead of avoiding them.

Thanks for reading.
:wave:

Congratulations on the weight loss! Glad to hear you're feeling better over all! I am also working to get rid of my anti-social ways. Anyway, keep up with the good work and good luck! :thup:

emilyedna Wed, Mar-23-11 21:04

congrats!

Amazing progress, especially for a single month! Great job.

Burk Wed, Mar-23-11 22:34

Thanks guys. Trying to take it a day at a time and keep things in perspective.

Justin,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, hehe. I think it's going to take some time to rebuild some of the relationships I've strained or even broken over the last 10 years of becoming progressively antisocial.

LC_Justin Thu, Mar-24-11 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burk
Thanks guys. Trying to take it a day at a time and keep things in perspective.

Justin,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, hehe. I think it's going to take some time to rebuild some of the relationships I've strained or even broken over the last 10 years of becoming progressively antisocial.

I really know what you're going through, believe me. I was even over weight in high school making my life miserable. As for my friends, I can't even count how many times I ignored them because I didn't feel comfortable with myself.

I'm sure everything will work out for you, good luck and keep continuing your amazing progress! :thup:

Moselle Sun, Apr-17-11 00:43

That is great, good for you!

(On second day of Induction after never mind how many tries)

zoiper Sun, Apr-17-11 09:19

Good job!!!!

CIF Wed, Apr-20-11 12:55

Good job! Keep it up.

CIF Wed, Apr-20-11 13:00

30 pounds is a lot! And actually inspiring... Thanks!