Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb War Zone (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   plateaus : Copout/excuse (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=261458)

Vince3325 Mon, Aug-08-05 07:34

plateaus : Copout/excuse

plateau-
2 a : a region of little or no change in a graphic representation b : a relatively stable level, period, or condition

A platue occurs when the body gets used to a change. Alot of people use this as en excuse to go off low carb diets, or quit all together. That is just not how to handle this type of situation. Stop crying about it, stop complaing that you aren't loosing any more weight. And kick up your physical activity. Instead of going on the computer take a walk. Don't drive around the parking lot 10 times looking for a spot close to the entrance, just park further away and walk. Get more random physical activity in your daily routine. Take stares instead of an escalator. Don't be afraid to sweat. A plateau is a good thing. It means you have done something right, but now you have to kick it into high gear. I've seen and read to much whining and complaining about plateaus, they are more of a mental road block then a physical one.

kwikdriver Mon, Aug-08-05 07:36

Somewhere a bridge is wondering where its troll went. Won't you go back and keep it company? It misses you.

Vince3325 Mon, Aug-08-05 07:39

why am I a troll? because I don't pussy foot around an issue and speak my opinion? To me you are the troll.

KimNWI Mon, Aug-08-05 07:52

My god you are sooo offensive aren't you. I don't get how someone can be so cocky 3 or 4 weeks into a plan that you haven't even read the book on. As for whining (your choice for wording) this is a SUPPORT forum. People are suppose to come here and be able to express their fears. We do have a tips and stalls section BTW maybe you should READ it before you go and make generalizations. I agree in a sense because yes you can kick up your physcial activity in order to get your weight loss going again. Its the way you present your opinions that makes it hard to repond to you in a positive way. You seem so know it all that it just pisses me off to be honest. I don't know if its the way you intend to come off but cut us some slack here. We aren't as stupid as you act like we are, or as lazy.

KimNWI

Vince3325 Mon, Aug-08-05 08:01

I dont act like anyone is stupid. Don't be so sensitive, I have learned alot from this site. And have lived with people who did this diet when I thought it was BS and lost a ton of fat. The point of it is. A plateau is more mental and easily defeated. I'm just tired of people giving up or saying low carb doesn't work because they hit a speed bump.

ItsTheWooo Mon, Aug-08-05 08:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince3325
plateau-
2 a : a region of little or no change in a graphic representation b : a relatively stable level, period, or condition

A platue occurs when the body gets used to a change. Alot of people use this as en excuse to go off low carb diets, or quit all together. That is just not how to handle this type of situation. Stop crying about it, stop complaing that you aren't loosing any more weight. And kick up your physical activity. Instead of going on the computer take a walk. Don't drive around the parking lot 10 times looking for a spot close to the entrance, just park further away and walk. Get more random physical activity in your daily routine. Take stares instead of an escalator. Don't be afraid to sweat. A plateau is a good thing. It means you have done something right, but now you have to kick it into high gear. I've seen and read to much whining and complaining about plateaus, they are more of a mental road block then a physical one.

Vince:
You're an extremely obese male. You've been dieting for 3 weeks. These factors (being extremely obese, male, and not on a diet long) all mean your metabolism is still very high and weight will fall off.
You are in the honeymoon stages and eventually it will slow down. While you are correct it's possible to overcome any stall with exercise, you are very much incorrect when you assert it is easy or simple to do because it's not. It's hard. Very hard. Many people are adverse to exercise. Many people are adverse to eating less.

You know it's one thing to suggest people eat less and exercise more to break stalls. I do that all the time, and totally agree with you there. It's another to be so berating and insensitive (i.e. "stop whining" or "just get your fat butt to the gym" type talk). It's not easy and you as someone with a weight problem should realize that. I guess you will start to appreciate how hard it is once you're no longer massively obese and therefore no longer experiencing a "free ride" metabolically ;). If it was so easy or simple to do these things, how did you end up staring down 400 pounds to begin with?

becky25 Mon, Aug-08-05 08:21

nicely put woo

KimNWI Mon, Aug-08-05 08:24

eloquent as ever wooo :).

KimNWI

Vince3325 Mon, Aug-08-05 08:51

Im not massivily obese , im 23% body fat and 6' 1".
I found your post more hypocritical then eloquent.

Judynyc Mon, Aug-08-05 09:00

Vince
You are probably a very young man, still in your 20s. You need to get a wake up call on your self righteous banter!! You are really pissing off alot of people!! I'm one of them!!

I suspect that you are like this in your life too. You like to hear yourself talk!! :idea: You are no expert on weight loss or health. You are not even a success story....yet you think you know enough to tell people how to do it!! YOU DO NOT!!!

Get off your self proclaimed soap box and focus on yourself. If and when you reach your goal, then maybe I'll take what you say with a grain of salt.

And who told you that you are 23% body fat? :lol:

Vince3325 Mon, Aug-08-05 09:04

my doctor.

Jiggerz Mon, Aug-08-05 09:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince3325
Im not massivily obese , im 23% body fat and 6' 1".
I found your post more hypocritical then eloquent.

No. Your profile says 5'11...which one did you fib on, the profile information or this post?

Vince3325 Mon, Aug-08-05 09:13

profile is wrong my girl friend made it for me along with my little turte thing

becky25 Mon, Aug-08-05 09:28

vince...maybe if you tweaked your approach a bit. we are here to help each other, not attack.

ozzycrazy3 Mon, Aug-08-05 09:31

You mean a women actually puts up with you?????