Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What can I carry with me ? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=480287)

leicester Thu, May-17-18 04:31

What can I carry with me ?

I have posted this once but the server was busy and I don't think it got through. What can I take with me for induction when I have a day out next week? Is it just cheese ?

JEY100 Thu, May-17-18 05:50

Hard boiled eggs, cut up vegetables, small serving of nuts if you include those now, pork cracklings, meat roll-ups (slice of deli meat rolled around cheese stick or vegetable stick) Or you could just take bottles of water and skip eating.

bluesinger Thu, May-17-18 06:19

Truth be told, it's much simpler once you're fat adapted just to skip eating.

leicester Thu, May-17-18 07:47

Thanks, on my 4th day. Should I be in Ketosis yet? I am having less than 10g of carbs a day but I feel exactly the same.

Ms Arielle Fri, May-18-18 19:48

foil pouches of tuna. bring a fork.

jerky. my boys make it with out addatives and use drier.

mike_d Sun, May-20-18 18:33

I second the jerky, also macadamia nuts or sunflower seeds :yum:

Good suggestions, but I wouldn't try to fast on induction. Your body likely won't be ready for fasting yet.

mike_d Sun, May-20-18 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester
Thanks, on my 4th day. Should I be in Ketosis yet? I am having less than 10g of carbs a day but I feel exactly the same.

You're lucky -- most people feel sick about then. It takes about 24 hours to deplete glycogen stores without exercise 72 for a man [keytosis] and longer to get "fat-adapted" some say months? I noticed big changes after day 5. After 14 days I was down 11 pounds. Part of that was fat.

leicester Mon, May-21-18 03:34

Thanks for your reply, still don't feel any different but it's been a week now and I haven't lost any weight either. Have posted another thread about this but no replies yet.

rtjdk22 Mon, Jun-18-18 12:16

When I head out knowing I will have to eat a snack or meal while out I will pack some cucumbers, canned chicken, pork rinds, wisconsin turkey bites, or if I end up eating out grilled chicken with a side salad, or hamburger steak no gravy or onions with a side salad. If your in the induction phase you should be eating 18 to 20 net carbs or just total carbs if you choose a day. String cheese is also another quick easy snack with pepporoni slices and easy to pack along. Keep up the work and you will start seeing a change soon :)

s93uv3h Mon, Jun-18-18 12:24

I had a 14 hour primary election that I worked last Tuesday and brought:

everything in it's own zip lock: steak strips w/salt, pepper, 4 pealed hard boiled eggs with salt & pepper & turmeric, raw sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, raw macadamia nuts, (unflavored) pork rinds, lots of water.

:)

Robin120 Wed, Jun-27-18 10:09

In summer i love babybel cheese, because the wax makes it pretty indestructible. I have managed to salvage one s that were in my backpack in 100 degree e heat for 4-8 hours!
Jerky is also great- my favorite is epic.
after induction, nuts and seeds

oktober81 Tue, Sep-18-18 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
In summer i love babybel cheese, because the wax makes it pretty indestructible. I have managed to salvage one s that were in my backpack in 100 degree e heat for 4-8 hours!
Jerky is also great- my favorite is epic.
after induction, nuts and seeds

I love baby bell cheeses. They are so yummy.