Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Carb tracker (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=479066)

jane x Mon, Feb-05-18 13:14

Carb tracker

Hi - I'm wondering what people are using to track carbs.

jane x Mon, Feb-05-18 15:34

What's your favorite Carb counting app/website?

I've realized that there are lots of options for carb tracking now and I'm wondering what people are using that has worked well for them.

I cook mainly from scratch, making simple meals and eating whole foods. And I'm going to be doing the Atkins '72 protocol.

Meme#1 Mon, Feb-05-18 15:54

If you have the Adkins 72 book, the carb counts are indexed in the back section of the book.

jane x Mon, Feb-05-18 16:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
If you have the Adkins 72 book, the carb counts are indexed in the back section of the book.

No, the 1972 version does not have a carb count index.

And I guess I should clarify - I'm looking for an online tracking system.

Ivegotthis Mon, Feb-05-18 16:21

Hi Jane, I use myplate on Livestrong.com. It doesn't seem to be too popular, but I like it and have been using it for years.

Rosebud Mon, Feb-05-18 23:03

Hi Jane, and welcome. :)

Did you know we have our own carb tracker right here? It's called MY Plan, and you can find it (in yellow) on the green menu bar right above the posts. There's also a dedicated forum here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=148

JEY100 Tue, Feb-06-18 03:32

I use My Fitness Pal, free edition. Configured for Low Carb like this. http://eatfatlosefatblog.com/how-to...ketogenic-diet/ Still #1 in the App Store for health trackers. Be sure the first time you add a food, you have the correct serving size (do you want Oz or grams? Or something else. Check the drop down menus) Be sure it is an accurate entry, usually the first one is from the USDA database, not a user input someone customized. From then on your previous selection will drop in. Gets easier to use. Syncs great. Recipe Box is easy to use...check database first..many Low Carb recipes already there. Excellent Help desk and Customer tutorials.

zoogirl Tue, Feb-06-18 04:02

Hi Jane, I use the Meal Tracker on the Atkins site, it is user friendly, 'cause I am a computer idiot...lol I like it because you can set it up for the plan you are on, for example Atkins 20 or 40 etc. I keeps track of the daily requirements ans tells you if you are over, you can easily see at a glance where you are for the day. Charting my food intake is absolutely necessary for me. Best of Luck to you, drop by my journals sometime, I love company, ttys, have a positive day.

bluej Tue, Feb-06-18 04:38

hi, I use Fitday -- it has charts and graphs and its own little community, I love it. Used it first time I did Atkins back in 2006 and it's just as good this time too :)

cotonpal Tue, Feb-06-18 05:09

I use Cronometer. It tracks macronutrients and micronutrients.

Jean

Melinda81 Thu, Feb-08-18 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal

Jean

Thanks for sharing this! I just downloaded it and I love it! I love that you can see all your macros and nutrients in detail. Awesome! I have been looking for something like this for a while. So happy!

jane x Thu, Feb-15-18 12:19

Quote:

Jean

Thanks Jean!

I started using this on Monday and I really like it. It has so much helpful info and you can even add in any supplements you take to see if you are reaching your vitamin and mineral goals. I'm low on calcium and potassium so will be supplementing those. And it has great graphics! :wiggle:

cotonpal Thu, Feb-15-18 17:13

Hi Jane,

So glad you like cronometer. I think it's the best app out there particularly because of the micronutrient info along with its carb counting macro counting capabilities. My diet is consistently low on calcium and potassium too so I supplement both of them. They are both supplements that are controversial so it's important to do your research.

Jean

AVPX1 Fri, Feb-16-18 08:52

+1 for Cronometer. It has replaced all my previous trackers.

jane x Fri, Feb-16-18 12:24

Quote:
Hi Jane,

So glad you like cronometer. I think it's the best app out there particularly because of the micronutrient info along with its carb counting macro counting capabilities. My diet is consistently low on calcium and potassium too so I supplement both of them. They are both supplements that are controversial so it's important to do your research.

Jean

Thanks Jean - I did read about the controversy with both of these supplements. I have a dairy allergy, so it's hard for me to get enough calcium. But I'll be careful and introduce them slowly. And I'll be adding in broccoli next week when I increase my carbs. I'm at 20 right now, just started on Monday.

What do you use for potassium? Some people use NoSalt for it and I'm wondering if that might be better than a pill.

ETA - I just logged in my coffee with the new addition of almond milk and I see that the almond milk has a decent amount of calcium in it. That was a nice surprise.