Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Cream Cheese Quickie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=52236)

harpist Mon, Jul-22-02 06:39

Cream Cheese Quickie

I was reading all of the posts for Nat's mock danish and it reminded me about the cream cheese quickie that I make. My mom hates cream cheese and loves this one!

1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 packet sugar substitute
splat of vanilla

heat in microwave for about 10 or less seconds. Stir well and enjoy!

Yummy!

(And I think it is trace carbs?)

Amy :D

Janeydi Fri, Aug-09-02 16:13

Thanks!

That's exactly what I was looking for! Sometimes I just want a little taste without having leftovers to tempt me. I'm not sure how you got a tablespoon, but I did about an ounce with less sugar, even. Great!

In my past life, one of my favorite things was a New York Cheesecake donut. The filling was the best part and this is very much like it! :roll:

Thanks again!

Another Amy :wave:

harpist Sat, Aug-10-02 21:37

I get a tablespoon by buying the whipped cream cheese and scooping out a big teaspoon!

This Amy was from Michigan about 2 weeks ago! Just moved!

scrlt9900 Fri, Oct-06-06 14:54

This one is great for when you just have to have a little something sweet.I used an ounce of lowfat cream cheese, Half a pack of splenda and 1/4 tsp vanilla. It was great.Reminded me of a little mini taste of cheesecake...and like janeydi said there are no leftovers just sitting around to go back to...Thanks......

nikeb00 Fri, Oct-06-06 18:18

Sounds yummy!!!! Got to post it in my journal so I can try it later!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

4EVR67 Mon, Oct-09-06 22:12

This is sooo good! I spread some on the 3 minute flax bread and put some strawberry walden farms on top! Wow! So good!

MammaD10 Sun, Apr-29-07 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpist
I was reading all of the posts for Nat's mock danish and it reminded me about the cream cheese quickie that I make. My mom hates cream cheese and loves this one!

1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 packet sugar substitute
splat of vanilla

heat in microwave for about 10 or less seconds. Stir well and enjoy!

Yummy!

(And I think it is trace carbs?)

Amy :D

This is also good with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter

Quasimodo Wed, Jul-18-07 16:55

Mmmm....this sounds great. Does it really taste like cheesecake? If so, I might need more than a tablespoonful....LOL...But I won't. :D

xxStephxx Wed, Aug-08-07 14:22

That sounds amazing!

Gypsybyrd Wed, Aug-08-07 14:37

Yes, it tastes like cheesecake (or can).

It it very similar to Cream Cheese Delight - but the Delight is made with a bit of heavy cream and sour cream mixed in. I used to by the Cream Cheese Delight at the Petro truck stop on I80 in Milton, Pennsylvania. That t/s had the best deli - mmmmm sweeet Lebanon balogna, deli style sliced cheese ... :yum: Oops - sorry ... off track *puts mind back on topic* Anyway it is very easy to make.

jenWI Fri, Nov-16-07 16:44

Thanks! This is an awsome, quick craving satisfier for me. :agree:

NoBREAD Fri, Nov-16-07 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaD10
This is also good with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter

I do that too. It's a nice treat.

PghLady74 Sun, Apr-13-08 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrlt9900
This one is great for when you just have to have a little something sweet.I used an ounce of lowfat cream cheese, Half a pack of splenda and 1/4 tsp vanilla. It was great.Reminded me of a little mini taste of cheesecake...and like janeydi said there are no leftovers just sitting around to go back to...Thanks......

Why lowfat? If you are doing Atkins, just use regular! It tastes better and gives you the fat you need.

Carne! Sat, Oct-10-09 07:34

what a great idea! am eating it now. i added a little teaspoon of peanut butter and a couple drops of SF chocolate syrup. am in heaven.

Joyone Thu, Jan-07-10 10:01

Yum! Just made it with 1/2 packet of Splenda and no Vanilla (I'm out!) and it was VERY yummy!