Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Victoria January get together (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=387836)

Mousesmom Mon, Dec-29-08 11:43

Victoria January get together

Well ladies (and gents too), it's time to start scheduling our January get together - especially since December didn't pan out with conflicting schedules and uncooperative weather.

Any days that a definite no go for anyone?

Hopefully we can get all of us together soon.

Julie

IslandGirl Mon, Dec-29-08 14:40

I am, as ever, generally available.

I am, however, trying hard to reserve Tuesday pm(s) for volunteer work at blood services (helping the vol coord with officey-techy-databasey stuff, actually, not the juice & cookies thing).

Hugs and Happy New Year (almost), my friends. Hope your Christmas was vastly more entertaining than ours -- installing a new washer while "holding up" a gas-connected dryer, installing a new in-wall fan-driven bathroom heater...and a little early spring cleaning in at least one corner -- by the washer, natch -- of the house. :yum: Got some nice prezzies, though!

:wave:

Mousesmom Mon, Dec-29-08 15:05

My Christmas goes on record as the worst Christmas ever...... no turkey dinner, lecturing parents (all three of them), death of an American friend just before... I can't wait for this year to be over!!!!!!! I'm still job seeking with no progress yet - soon I hope.

I am going to try to make Tuesday and Thursday gym nights but will sacrifice one for the sake of this group :lol: .

Julie

GlendaRC Mon, Dec-29-08 17:53

John & I spent Christmas Day at home alone, surrounded by uncleared roadways and no winter tires. Had steak & lobster for dinner. Then we had our postponed Christmas with the kids this past weekend - they came here for turkey with all the trimmings, no holds barred. DD did the veggies, SIL found an authentic English-style plum pudding so I made an authentic hard sauce with brandy, DIL brought a mince pie with, would you believe it, Cool Whip. Definitely NOT a low-carb day, not even at maintenance levels :nono: but I managed to control portion sizes on the no-nos! Haven't weighed myself yet :lol:

For our get-together, lunch-time - Tuesdays and Wednesdays are out, dinner-time - as far as I know now, the only evening I can't make it is Thursday the 22nd.

In the meantime, stay warm, enjoy the rest of the holiday season, and Happy New Year! :Party: :Party: :Party:

GlendaRC Mon, Dec-29-08 19:01

Julie, my condolences on the death of your friend - it's particularly hard to lose people you care about at this time of year.

As for the parents, well ... personally I think you're wasting your breath! Were they nagging you about your WOE again, or is it worries about their health and what they're doing to themselves? Either way, I don't believe you'll convince them if you haven't been able to by now.

As for the job situation, I'm predicting the job of your dreams will fall into your lap in January!
:bhug: If you need a surrogate mum, well ... come up and see me sometime!!

Mousesmom Tue, Dec-30-08 15:15

Thanks Glenda.... it was one of those completely unexpected things - a heart attack put him into a coma and he never woke up.

As for parents... grrrr - if it's not my WOL, they are on me about that I shouldn't get married again because I'm so bad at it or why can't I just get along with my sister or why don't we ever see you (now there's a question <wicked grin> why would I WANT to???????????? if they are going to be like that?) Then there's the lovely "I really hope this is my last Christmas. I just don't want to live any more." My step mom asked DD if I was mad at her because I never call...... I said phones work both ways.

Dinner sounds good. Some Wednesday night perhaps?

Julie

GlendaRC Tue, Dec-30-08 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
<snip> ... that I shouldn't get married again because I'm so bad at it ... <snip>
Julie

:lol: :lol: :lol: Like they have such great records of being good at it??? Or do you suppose they're thinking "it takes one to know one"? Sorry Julie, when you're living it, it's not funny, but from here it's hilarious!!!

ETA: A Wed. sounds good to me - I'll even be as gorgeous as I get, that's tday I get my hair done!

Hugs, and here's raising a glass to a better year next year!

Mousesmom Wed, Dec-31-08 09:24

Yup Glenda - when I step back and look in it IS funny.... Two people who spent about 28 years being hostile to each other giving me advice.... And the third one who threatens to leave him every other week - and him, her too. Totally true love :heart:there. LOL - my question is exactly where was I supposed to learn from......

The diet advice is even more funny from people who are sick and not interested in doing any better for themselves. Sure, I want to be JUST like them, 100 lbs overweight, hip replacements, heavy meds, constant pain, diabetes... sign me up ROFLOL:devil:

I know exactly where to get diet and relationship advice - Oprah and Dr. Phil, right :read2::D

Which Wednesday works.... 14, 21

Happy New Year all, Julie

IslandGirl Fri, Jan-02-09 16:57

Oy, my vote for a superior New Year, too!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ hugs all around }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

...and in the category of kind of laugh, kind of cry:
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.ph...cs&id=153#comic

Wednesdays sound promising...I'll pencil in 14th & 21st and await further commentary from the missing (where are the dears, now?).

:wave:

GlendaRC Sat, Jan-03-09 02:16

Either one works for me, or both seeing we missed Nov. & Dec.!!??? (is there an emoticon for "tongue in cheek"??)

Mousesmom Sat, Jan-03-09 13:01

I will pencil both in as well....we can firm up once the misssing check in.

Now, the "where"???????

As an update, I got an email yesterday about being short listed for another job I applied for at Advanced Education - written test is on Wednseday, so think good thoughts for me!!!

Julie

Sandollar Sat, Jan-03-09 15:37

Greetings!

I am available for supper (so far) any evening except the 21,22 and 31st.

Can't wait to catch up!

Mousesmom Sat, Jan-03-09 21:04

Ok looks like we go with the 14th then since Steph can't make the 21st.

Where?

Julie

Sandollar Mon, Jan-05-09 15:17

How about Red Robin on the 14th at 5:30pm?

Mousesmom Mon, Jan-05-09 16:41

Works for me!

Julie