Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I am finally losing with meat and water (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=31947)

Tony Mon, Jan-28-02 08:13

I am finally losing with meat and water

I have been soooo disgusted with my plateau, I decided to go 2 weeks on just meat and water (and eggs). I am averaging 3 carbs per day and I have lost 5 pounds in 4 days. Anyone stuck might try this. After 2 weeks, I will gradually add things back until I find out what has been stopping my progress.

happy124 Mon, Jan-28-02 08:59

What kind of meats are you having? I noticed I stalled for about 1-2 weeks and then I added chicken and fish (I was having beef & pork all the time) it seemed to help my movement in the scale. I am glad you got movement too! It gets depressing when it doesnt move. Keep up the good work and keep us informed! We will be watching.

mermaid Mon, Jan-28-02 09:00

WOW! Good for you. Good job.

Tony Mon, Jan-28-02 10:36

What Kind of meat?

I am eating all kinds, duck, turkey, beef pork. I like it all.

gwilson38 Wed, Jan-30-02 08:33

I have for a long time do a day of "meat fast" umm maybe once every 10 days. Because I have generally increased my carbs,Im even eating oatmeal-flax cereal 2 mornings a week, I like the meat fast to cut down on my appetite. It works for me.!

Rosinar Wed, Jan-30-02 10:40

Sounds like a plan!

I think I'll try this meat fast idea. Since my head first dive off of the wagon this weekend I have been unable to get back into Ketosis. This is stressing me out because I was already in a few week stall and now I am wondering when the scale will ever move.

Thanks, Rosie :wave:

Erin4980 Wed, Jan-30-02 11:23

gwilson38

So once every ten days you do a meat fast? How long do you do it for, just one day? Let me know b/c recently my appetite (over the last couple of days) has grown. I made a bunch of meat balls to hold me over when I'm hungry, but it would be nice to cut my appetite back when this happens.

Thanks,
Erin

gwilson38 Wed, Jan-30-02 12:56

hey Erin

Yes my meat fast only last one day. It just seems to zap my appetite down some. Because I am in maintainence the amount of carbs I eat from day to day vary. Im certain some days I would be close to 75 where as others i may only be getting 15. generally im about 30-45. I dont have it written in stone either. I may go 7 days maybe 2 weeks but I would say 3 times a month I have one day where I eat strickly meat and drink lots of water. I almost always eat 4 days a day...partly because I have hypoglycemia and partly cause my day starts sometime around 6 in the morning and doesnt end until 10 at night.

Erin4980 Wed, Jan-30-02 13:07

Thanks Gwilson38,

I may try that sometime...thanks,
Erin

toothgap Wed, Jan-30-02 18:45

so are we only allowed to eat any kinda meat + egg + water????
low fat? high fat?
can u tell me how to do a meat fast!!!???

thanks

Tony Thu, Jan-31-02 04:14

The way I am doing it is I am just eating any kind of meat with no sauce, and any eggs. All I am drinking is water, no coffee etc. I am averaging 1,800 calories per day and 3 grams of carbs (from eggs). This way there is nothing that can slow you down. After 14 days, I am going on industion and wiull gradually add salad etc.

toothgap Thu, Jan-31-02 07:33

thanks tony

actually i started eating only meat + egg + water 2 days ago and i lost 2 kg since then! yeh! (i haven't lost any weight for almost 3 weeks) so will the weight loss rate slow down?? or i will keep losing that fast if i keep doing meat fast?

Tony Thu, Jan-31-02 07:45

Good for you. I don't know if it wills low as I have never done this before. Keep it up and keepme posted on your progress.

Erin4980 Thu, Jan-31-02 08:07

Hey guys,

I would love to hear updates about how much your losing, etc. So be sure to keep us posted. Hey do you guys have journals where your talking about your meat fasts?

Good Luck,
Erin

Jo-Ann 2 Thu, Jan-31-02 08:56

hi you all

Was interested in your jumpstart to a platuea, I assume you take a vitamin supplement . What one are you taking.?
I like the idea, it never occured to me to do it on a regular basis. Good idea. I think I'll try it tomorrow. I've already had two eggs, a dollop of tangy sour cream and some cheese crisps, so today is out.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to finish the day on a "meat fast". You just caught me talking to myself. My husband always laughs at me when I do that.
Thanks for the idea.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave: