Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Wine: anyone found even a little bit makes them gain? r/o (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=191078)

cbcb Sun, Jun-13-04 10:50

Wine: anyone found even a little bit makes them gain? r/o

I'm curious about whether anyone notices that even a small glass of white or red wine results in a higher weight on the scale or tighter clothes? If so what do you chalk it up to - yeast problems or something else?

(I've had this happen a few times in the past - and my scale - which registers both body fat percentage and water percentage - shows a higher body fat percentage.)

Michelle M Wed, Jun-23-04 21:26

I feel a lot of belly bloat, yeast?

Hi, I'd like to respond to this wine question, with another question. I've noticed when I've had a couple glasses of wine with friends, that for days my belly feels bloated and puffy. I look like I'm 6 months pregnant, it's not attractive. I heard recently that this might be due to yeast growth. Has anyone heard anything along these lines?

DerBlumers Thu, Jun-24-04 19:59

It could be....shortly after I did a cleanse of the "yeasties"...I approached OWL...and tried my first slice of low carb bread. Bad news for me...I bloated like crazy...and gained three lbs. It was a particularly yeastie bread.....

However...if I take a couple sips of wine or Mike's Light...it doesn't cause a problem. I would say, though, if you bloat up from the wine....it sounds yeastie related to me.....

LucyLucy Thu, Jun-24-04 21:01

I had a couple of glasses of wine recently, still keeping within my carbs for the day, by the time I left the restaurant, I couldn't get my shoes on! Had to walk out barefoot! haha

LL :)

VAgrrl Wed, Jul-07-04 13:07

even though wine is not that high in carbs on a per glass basis, I find that if I have wine with food I gain a lb or two the next morning

wine without food, though, usually has me down about two lbs. the next morning--think it's all those trips to the Ladies'--fluid weight loss!

the following day, though, I have gained all of it back and sometimes a pound more.

as much as I love wine, don't think it's that great for OWL--at least for me

vess Thu, Jul-08-04 06:29

I love my wine and I have some cheese with it - I thought it should be OK but I have been stalled (even gained) for the last 4 days. Last night was the first night without wine and scales finally moved to lower weight! Hooray!
I personaly have had a yeast problem in the past recurrent and should not drink wine but maybe that's why I like wine soooo much.

Atkins book says that we often get kind of addicted to the foods or drinks we have intollerance towards.

So as of today no more wine for me. I would suggest if you feel bloated or gaining weight give it up for at least a week to see if you will start losing again

VEss