Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   40 lbs gone since Valentines Day (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=294970)

LizardQuee Thu, Apr-27-06 12:42

40 lbs gone since Valentines Day - now up to 60 lbs - Updated again

Maybe too fast? I dunno. Not sure if I care :lol:.

I started low-carbing to control blood sugar (not diabetic yet, but headed for it). And the weight just fell off.

40 down as of this AM, probably 50 more to go. But who knows - maybe my best weight is lower than 170 (I'm really tall and big - 5'10"). I guess I'll find out when I get there.

LQ

Update: as of June 20 it's 60 lbs gone since VD. The loss has definitely been slowing down but it's still moving, for the most part.

And it's finally coming off my stomach, which had been looking like a "backwards too-high butt" :lol: .

Another update:

As of Sept 25 (my b-day,BTW) I'm down 79 lbs, was 181 this AM. The rate of loss has definitely slowed down - I got very spoiled by the way it fell off the first 3 or 4 months of this. I can still ditch 3 lbs a week if I really eat clean and hammer on myself with exercise but I can't do it multiple weeks in a row like I could before. It'll stop,then start again.
I'm down from a size 20/22 to a 14/16, too. Just gave away all my fat clothes, as I'm never going back there again.

I still wish I could get the stomach off - I have this paunch just below the navel that won't go away. It's not too much smaller than my butt, though everything is smaller all over now which is a Good Thing.

patigayle Thu, Apr-27-06 14:41

That's WONDERFUL! Keep up the good work!
Pati

ozzycrazy3 Thu, Apr-27-06 14:51

WOW.....way to go!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
It's success stories like this that keeps me going....thanks for sharing!!

red dotson Sat, May-13-06 20:27

you go girl, you have inspired me

LizardQuee Mon, Sep-25-06 08:08

Updated again - now 79 lbs down.

annie48 Tue, Sep-26-06 14:09

did you stay on induction the whole time? What did you do to loose three pounds a week - good for you be really proud of yourself

LizardQuee Fri, Oct-06-06 13:25

It came off much faster when I was fatter. To ditch more than about a pound a week at this point I need to get close to induction-level carbs and exercise like a fiend., plus watch calories. I usually don't count calories too much, just carbs.

For most of the diet I've been averaging 30g carbs a day (10 per meal, max, 5 per snack, max) but I'm up to closer to 60 g a day now.

I also have blood sugar issues (not full-on diabetic, but was heading there) so I don't eat any amount or combo that sends my blood sugar up past 100 at any time. It stays almost dead flat in the 90s if I stay low carb. At some points in my cycle my blood sugar is more haywire than at others, so I eat less carb then and a little more later in the month when my sugar runs lower.

fluffybear Sat, Oct-07-06 20:58

A very BIG Congratulations!

:cheer:

I have blood sugar issues too. Whenever I take a glucose tolerance test it comes out "abonormal" but not diabetic. The dr. never explained exactly what that meant. I now know it means that I am insulin resistant which makes it difficult to lose weight. But you are doing great. :)

sldeal Mon, Oct-09-06 08:48

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardQuee
It came off much faster when I was fatter. To ditch more than about a pound a week at this point I need to get close to induction-level carbs and exercise like a fiend., plus watch calories. I usually don't count calories too much, just carbs.

For most of the diet I've been averaging 30g carbs a day (10 per meal, max, 5 per snack, max) but I'm up to closer to 60 g a day now.

I also have blood sugar issues (not full-on diabetic, but was heading there) so I don't eat any amount or combo that sends my blood sugar up past 100 at any time. It stays almost dead flat in the 90s if I stay low carb. At some points in my cycle my blood sugar is more haywire than at others, so I eat less carb then and a little more later in the month when my sugar runs lower.

Way to go! People like you keep us inspired.

sweetP Thu, Nov-23-06 09:49

I am new to this forum....but have got to say you are doing great. Hope this is me someday...and the little pouch....seems no matter what i lose...it seems to hang around (although smaller) and I have never had any kids or anything... oh, well, if I gotta....I can live with it as long as I feel good.

Vicki

vegaslassi Fri, Apr-20-07 12:41

Your Story

I enjoyed reading your story and it is inspiring for me. Thank you for sharing your story.