Top Reasons of why it sux 2 B FAT!
OK, I just have to vent here for a moment.
I need to express some things that embarrass me about being my size. Some of it is my problem but some of the blame goes to our society for not recognizing that not everyone is a size 6 and that PISSES me off!
So here are my top reasons why it Sux to be Fat! What are YOURS???
1. My clothes are WAAAAAYYY more expensive than the smaller sizes. Sure we need more material but $20 worth?
2. Can't fit into some chairs with arms.
3. The thought of having to get on an Airplane is terrifying. "Will I be able to fit in the seat?" "Will I be able to buckle the damned Seatbelt?".
4. Can't go out shopping at the same stores as friends. Have to go to specialty section or specialty stores.
5. Walking past a window or mirror is a harrowing experience.
6. Can't get on Rollercoasters. The embarrassment of the safety bar not fitting over me and having 3 workers trying to push it down is enough to send anyone to a stiff drink and a shotgun!
7. One Word! CELLULITE!
8. Folding laundry in a public place and worrying that everyone will see my big huge underwear.
9. Feeling uncomfortable with my partner b/c of my size during sex.
10. Being somewhere and realizing that I'm the biggest person in the room.
11. Not being able to get on the Gondolah in Vegas with my friends b/c I almost meet the maximum weight BY MYSELF!
12. Looking at thin women and thinking that their lives must be so much easier than mine b/c they don't have all of the above issues to worry about.
WHEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! It had to be said! But I know that I'm a wonderful person with many accomplishments under my belt. I know that my size does not constitute who I am. I am beautiful and deserve to be loved no matter if I never lose another pound. I love myself and it's up to everyone else to decide whether they want to be a part of this love or to be shallow and be without my love.
This is something I can do for myself to put the icing on the cake...it is not the cake!! I'm already the cake!!!
I hate the strech marks that i gained along with 102 lbs.....grrrrr
Good for you!
I think some of us, I count myself in that group, work so hard to not talk negatively about being fat that we lose sight about the realities till they slam us in the face. I actually chuckled at what I read, I know what you mean!
Why I hate being fat:
1. Having to trouble people when they try to pass me in an asle at the store or at work due to my big size.
2. Getting bruses on my hips after going to the Movies due to their seats! :rolleyes:
3. Having to pick up something that fell on the floor and I bend over to pick it up... What a view, huh? :D
4. Can't take a shower with an other person :(
Heck can't even take a bath on my own, without splitting the
water in two!
5. Shees.. I would love to get a WOmen's shoe size!
6. Having to put Anti-Persirant under the stomach. Eeww!
I got one...
Having to listen to skinny folk talk about fat people with such disdain...
HATE OF THE OVERWEIGHT !! THE NEW BIGOTRY!
Some of my biggest HATES about being fat:
1. When you try to exercise or participate in a sport/activity, people look at you like you like you have no right to be there! :mad:
2. Clothes... BAD prices, BAD colours, BAD materials, BAD styles, that is IF you can find any! :mad:
3. Thin women in your group whining about how fat they are, making you feel as if you are an aberration! :mad:
4. Finding a BRA that fits! :mad: Sure, make 5000 bras for the flat-chested to appear to have cleavage, but try to find ONE larger size that doesn't look like it was designed by evil matrons in the 1940's??? :mad:
5. Being told, "...but you have such a pretty face." like it is the consolation prize for having a fat body! :mad:
6. Media personalities (or anyone, for that matter) who don't have a clue and feel so free to judge! :mad:
7. Being 'invisible'-- to shop staff, the opposite sex, people who think you'll cramp their style! :mad:
8. Assumptions that you are anything less than an intelligent, vivacious, sensual, active, productive, stable, responsible, and adventurous individual simply due to your size! :mad:
9. To hell with all the chairs that hurt your bottom, too small toilet cubicles, crammed-together tables, and tiny aisle seating! :mad:
10. The worst thing about being fat is the effect it can have on your self-esteem in thinking that you CAN'T do anything you set your mind to! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Ablution complete... vitriol gone.
What a great release! What a great idea!!!!!!
Now I can get on with it!
I agree wholeheartedly with all of the reasons posted on why I hate being fat. The ones I can add to the list are:
- Hate feeling relieved when there's someone fatter than you in a room (how superficial is that?)
- Hate the fact that I've been living my life "on hold" until the day I finally lose weight (18 years and counting... how much more time do I have to lose?)
- And of course, never really being able to enjoy a day at the beach.
Agree with the above.
Here's some more:
1. Being embarrassed to look in the mirror at your own reflection.
2. Being embarrassed to look at your own reflection in a window as you walk by.
3. People constantly asking you if you are on a diet!!! (That's why I am not telling people this time around.)
4. Feeling embarrassed at the gym in front of all the skinny minnies.
BUT . . . now I put a twist on it and say:
1. Wow your face is looking thinner (even if no one else has noticed yet.)
2. You are looking better and better every day you choose this WOE.
3. Love people's reactions when I order a huge honker steak and they look embarrassed for me.
4. Feeling great about myself because I made it to the gym another day and am keeping the committment to myself, hell, half the skinny minnies are there for a social outing anyway.
You ALL ARE GREATTTT!!!
Thanks to everyone who posted so far on this topic!!! I too put a lot of time and energy into dispelling the myths but yeah, there are things that WE ALL deal with that can wear on us if we don't release it--the day to day prejudices and the effects they have on us.
SO THANK YOU for releasing some of that with me!!! I truly appreciate it! It makes me feel good, not only to know that I'm not alone, but that I brought up a topic that allowed you all to let off some steam!!!!
Peace and Balance to you all!!!
Got to add one more
This is why I hate being a fat woman as well...
Having people ask me if I'm pregnant! :rolleyes:
What Irks Me!
Occassionally, you will see someone put on a "fat suit" so they are heavier. They want to experience what it is like to be heavy. Well, 3 hours in a suit is not the same as a lifetime of
ridicule!!! Plus, when they are done, they step out it and go on their lives.
If you are buying a gift for someone, whether it be candy, or lingerie - people look at you, like "whom" are you kidding.
How about the fact that heavy people are also invisible? Have you been in the store, and no one waits on you? What, they can't see me??
One of my most embarrassing moments was when a close family member of my husbands saw me at the store, and said "Oh, I didn't know you and Paul were expecting again", I wanted to die. First I was embarrassed, and she was equally embarrassed when she found out I was just fat!
I hate the styles they have for "fat" people, give me a break, we may be plus sizes, but we don't like wearing tents either. And, you skinny people, don't tell us how fat you are when your around us, fat is not 5'6" and weighing 135. And here is another one, just because we are fat, doesn't mean we eat all the time, I know a lady that barely eats, and is over 300 pounds, (trying to convince her to do the Atkins/PP now - so far no luck).
Anyhow, the biggest reason I hate being overweight is not because of anyone else, but because how I feel about myself, I want to have more energy, wear the "bikini", short dresses, etc. And, soon, with this WOE, I will be able to do that. :D
These days, I think that the only reasons I ever disliked being fat were because of other people/"society's" judgements. I still felt fine, could exercise a lot, was the same person inside no matter what my outside looks like.
But study after study shows that (in the US at least) what odd sock said in #8 are true: people (both thin and fat ones!) assume that fat people are lazier, stupider, meaner, etc. than thin people. Fat people testifying in court are not believed as much; fat people are passed over for promotions; it's harder to find a good mate as a fat person; teachers assess fat children as having under their IQ scores and thin children as over theirs. Even studies with young children show that they have these prejudices by age 5!
The times in my life that I said, "I feel better in clothes (or 'having sex' or 'about myself') as a size 5," I meant, "I feel less self-conscious because I know other people are more approving of me."
For me, self-acceptance (no matter what weight I am) and losing weight to a reasonable and healthy and sustainable size go hand in hand. If I ended up a size 8 again, I'd still fight for fat acceptance! :thup:
...and those public toilets that wedge the sanitary disposal container in beside the seat so when you sit down your thigh/bum is mashed up against the sanny container ...yuk!
not being able to cross your legs on an office chair in a meeting, so when you are in a meeting everone can look at your fat thighs splayed out on the chair
Photos that show a shiny puffy face
....roll on goal
I forgot to add one that REALLY bugs me! The fact that I can't wear shorts b/c the friction of my thighs rubbing together causes them to ride up in between and then I have to do that funky walk-squat thing to release them!!!
Having your picture taken!
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:45.|
Copyright © 2000-2018 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.