Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Advanced/High Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Any Recommedations for Cardio Workout Dvd's? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=229043)

aeburse4 Tue, Jan-18-05 06:15

Any Recommedations for Cardio Workout Dvd's?

I asked this in the exercise forum but no one answered. I was wondering if any of you have any recommedations for a good cardio workout DVD.

Thanks!

niudog Tue, Jan-18-05 06:29

I just record Denice Austin workouts from Lifetime. I know, I know not too many guys watch Lifetime, but I'm not ashamed to admit those herworkouts really helped me lose those first 20, 30, 40, 50 pounds.

She usually does some stretching, cardio, light weight training and a cool down. Sometimes she mixes in kick boxing and step arobics. Good luck!!!

aeburse4 Tue, Jan-18-05 07:02

Thanks! I totally forgot about D.A. I love her...she is so spunky!

missSwan Tue, Jan-18-05 08:04

I go to thrift shops and buy the ones people got sick of ..have I used them...well they are waiting there for me to and if they are going to sit there making me feel guilty I am glad I did not pay full price!

runnr Tue, Jan-18-05 08:10

Sharon Mann's "The Works: Cardio" is a really good bargain. It has step, kickboxing, aerobics, etc, and you actually CHOOSE what your workout will be - you choose a warmup from 4 choices, a first workout from 8 choices, a second workout from 8 choices, and a cooldown from 4 choices. And its a nice length - half an hour!

Of course, this is for DVD only

I do her Works: Yoga/Pilates each morning - it also has body conditioning segments. Excellent value

aeburse4 Tue, Jan-18-05 08:11

Thanks everyone! I have been doing Pilates now for about 2 weeks. I love it! But I want to sweat and feel like I am really working for it!

KryssiMc Tue, Jan-18-05 08:28

Amanda,

Don't know what your cable system has, but there are two programs that I Tivo faithfully: On Fox Sports Network is Fitness Beach, low impact cardio, some weight training and always fun and on FitTV is Caribbean Workout, same format, but with a little more sweating involved. If you can, look for them. I suffer from workout boredom, so the variety helps. Good Luck.

Kryssi

mcagle95 Tue, Jan-18-05 08:40

I like Denise Austin (We're burnin' that butter now!) and I also love Leslie Swanson's Walk Away the Pounds. You get a 1, 2, and 3 mile workout in the set. I have also seen that she made a 4 mile tape that I want to buy. I also have a hip hop dance work out tape, but the moves can be a little difficult so I don't feel like I get the work out I should be getting because I am too busy trying to figure out the moves. Guess I'm not as coordinated as I thought I was, LOL

hyPnotiK Tue, Jan-18-05 23:40

What about Billy Blanks' Taebo, will get you sweating and is pretty fun.

chocobunny Sat, Mar-19-05 23:44

I would recommend Cathe Friedrich. you can check her out at www.cathe.com She will have you sweating like no other lol

kaf Tue, Mar-22-05 13:51

Cardio workouts

i've tried lots of cardio work outs and i find that the advanced taebo dvd's or videos are the best. it provides the best all around total body workout. i lose inches in my arms, waist, legs, butt. he even has dvd's that focus on abs or butt or lower half, or upper body but are still cardio. and they're an hr long. takes some working up to and trying several times to feel coordinated. don't give up! it works.

Norag Sat, Apr-02-05 07:54

Check out www.collagevideo.com if you are in the U.S or www.CKSales.com if you are in Canada. There are many, many choices to suit any taste beyond the ones that are readily available commercially.

LowCrbF Sat, Apr-02-05 08:23

Tae Bo Cardio Circuit 1.....love this one!

I do this one every morning, and it has helped my abs to start peeking out....as in a 2 pack :D I'm on my way :D :D :D