Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Ireland (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Aaargh! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=208119)

Armonita Tue, Sep-07-04 16:34

Aaargh!

Hi! I was on this board a few months ago low-carbing but I have since given up and put back on most of the weight. I am starting all over again. The prob is that theres little encouragement in this country! Now that I've re-discovered this board I'll draw support from it. Does anyone know...is low-carbing very bad for you regarding cholesterol intake? I mean, I have this fear that all the eggs and fry-ups will cause high-cholesterol/blood pressure and that I'll be on the verge of a heart attack! Somebody put my mind at ease? also, on induction, can I eat things like linda McCartney chicken and Quorn meat providing it does not exceed the daily carb intake? (Even if chicken is breaded...but is only like 5 carbs)??? thanx! x

moesie Mon, Sep-13-04 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armonita
Hi! I was on this board a few months ago low-carbing but I have since given up and put back on most of the weight. I am starting all over again. The prob is that theres little encouragement in this country! Now that I've re-discovered this board I'll draw support from it. Does anyone know...is low-carbing very bad for you regarding cholesterol intake? I mean, I have this fear that all the eggs and fry-ups will cause high-cholesterol/blood pressure and that I'll be on the verge of a heart attack! Somebody put my mind at ease? also, on induction, can I eat things like linda McCartney chicken and Quorn meat providing it does not exceed the daily carb intake? (Even if chicken is breaded...but is only like 5 carbs)??? thanx! x

Have you had your cholestrol checked lately??? I have high cholestrol which is why I'm doing the South Beach diet....all those eggs and pork rinds scare me!!!
Please check with your doctor though.....

Built Mon, Sep-13-04 17:35

Mine went from high enough to medicate to enviable - eating pork rinds, butter, egg yolks, bacon, and chicken skin.

No problems at all, and I'm three years into low carbing.

I don't know what Linda McCartney chicken is.

moesie Tue, Sep-14-04 14:02

[ Somebody put my mind at ease? also, on induction, can I eat things like linda McCartney chicken and Quorn meat providing it does not exceed the daily carb intake? (Even if chicken is breaded...but is only like 5 carbs)??? thanx! x[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming your'e talking about the Linda McCartney vegetarian chicken ??
Check the label for carbs but I believe its made from tofu so should be fine if you don't exceed your allowed carbs.
As for the cholestrol....mine went throught the roof when I tried the hight fat, low carb but I guess everybody reacts differently therefore you really should include regular cholestrol checks.

Take care and lots of luck.

CARMEL W Sat, Sep-18-04 13:12

Hi,I get my bloods checked every 4 months,and so far so good.I have been lcing for almost 1 year now(started Sept.28th).I was on b.p. medication and the amount has now been cut by half and fingers crossed I may even be able to come off it altogether when I lose another stone!.You realy should go to your doctor and have a check up when you start Atkins as you need a base line on which to judge how you are doing.If you have any other questions re.lcing if I can help I will.Good luck.