Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If you were a 'folder' where would you hide? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=474983)

rightnow Tue, Sep-13-16 05:58

If you were a 'folder' where would you hide?

I see we can make folders, in the user control panel area.

I just can't figure out the point because I cannot FIND them anywhere! :-)

PJ

doreen T Tue, Sep-13-16 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightnow
I see we can make folders, in the user control panel area.

I just can't figure out the point because I cannot FIND them anywhere! :-)

PJ

Looking at the column on the left (in the user CP), there are two sections which have an "Edit Folders" option ... Private Messages and Subscriptions.

First, PMs ...

All members have 2 default folders in the PM section .. Inbox and Sent Items. The "Edit Folders" tab lets you create custom folders to which you can move and organize your messages if you wish. To move messages to your custom folder(s), select one or more PMs by checking the box(es) on the right side of the message list, then hit Go next to the "Move to folder..." tab at the bottom.

There are 3 places where you can access all of your PM folders
  • Click the little down arrow next to the Private Messages header (orange bar) on the left side of your CP
  • Click the little down arrow next to "Private Messages in Folder: " on the menu bar at the top of your message list
  • at the very top of the PM page, in the Folder Controls section, there's a drop-down menu box which lists all of your folders, then click Go
Keep in mind that all messages in all folders count toward your message limit. For regular members, thats 10 messages; for Contributing members it's 1,000 messages. If you can't send or receive PMs despite clearing out all messages in your Inbox, chances are the Sent Items (or any custom folder) is also full :idea:

for Subscriptions ...

Similar idea as for PMs .. create custom folders using the Edit Folders tab in the Subscribed Threads section, then move desired threads by selecting/checking the box to the right of the Subscriptions list, then hit Go next to the "Move to folder..." tab at the bottom :idea:

You can also add threads directly to whatever folder you wish using the Thread Tools tab at the top of the first post. Select "Subscribe to This Thread" option, then choose your desired folder from the drop-down menu on the resulting page :idea:

There are 3 places where you can access all of your subscription folders
  • Click the little down arrow next to Subscribed Threads header (orange bar) on the left side of your CP
  • Click the little down arrow next to "Subscribed Threads in Folder: " on the menu bar at the top of your message list
  • at the very top of the "View All Subscribed Threads" page, in the Folder Controls section, there's a drop-down menu box which lists all of your folders, then click Go
Personally, I think it's great to have a separate folder for recipes; that way they don't get lost if you're subsribed to a lot of journals :idea:

Hope that helps :rose:

Doreen