Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Talking Rain in Kelowna Costco (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=131843)

Allikins Wed, Aug-20-03 10:47

Talking Rain in Kelowna Costco

It's about time!!! I've been searching and searching without any luck until yesterday. I checked everytime I went to Costco...which was a lot recently. I decided to take a look without any big hopes of course and bingo...there it was...a stackout of Talking Rain. Bought a case and tried the Harvest Peach last night. Yummy. I like!

harleydee Wed, Aug-20-03 12:05

Thanks - I'm on my way!

mullo9 Sun, Aug-24-03 22:03

Tried it and it was very good.....They have trouble keeping it in stock...

Allikins Mon, Aug-25-03 18:55

Yup...so I've noticed! I think they should up the orders! :) I really like these drinks.

mullo9 Mon, Sep-01-03 16:14

Write a comment card next time you're in the store about upping the order for you....they will forward it to their buyer in regional buying office and if they get enough comments or if sales warrant it, they will look at it increasing orders. :roll:

Kathy54 Sun, Sep-14-03 23:41

Hey what the heck is talking rain????

mullo9 Fri, Sep-26-03 15:23

Carbonated beverages sweetened with sucralose (splenda).....in 4 flavours (not sure if more)....they are tasty for a drink instead of pop or other unfriendly high CARB drinks....

mullo9 Thu, Oct-02-03 16:28

I checked the computers at Costco for stock levels and they are deleting the item.....Most warehouses have nothing on hand or on order.....I will call the buyer and see what is up and if they are replacing it or not with some other product??

Allikins Thu, Oct-02-03 23:53

I hope they keep selling talking rain. I even used it to make sugar free gelatin instead of water. It's great.

Corbry Sat, Oct-11-03 11:21

I think I'm going to have to make a trip to Kelowna again... I usually only do a Costco run every couple months, but if they now have talking rain I may have to check it out! This is good knowledge to have *smile*

Thanks
~Lori

herryt Fri, Aug-17-12 13:01

I recently went to the US and fell in love with Talking Rain's Sparkling Ice drinks. So today I phoned two Calgary Costco locations and they both have tons of stock. Heritage SW and Beacon Hill NW both have them. 270 cases is what they told me.

So I bought 10 cases of 24 each

Here's why I like them;
- adult flavour, not too sweet like Diet Mountain Dew (which I also like)
- nice and fizzy
- if you are reducing alcohol you can sip these like a cooler / cider and pretend you are having a nice vodka-based drink
- they are carb free!
- they don't use aspartame which is a bonus

One note: the Costco cases of 24 only have 3 flavours; orange-mango, lime, and black-raspberry (or something like that). I would love to know where to get the other 5 flavours that they make (I tried those in the US and they were amazing).

Go to Costco Calgary and grab some!

Thanks to Costco too