Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Finger Lickin' Chicken (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=227402)

EmmaB Sun, Jan-09-05 20:08

Finger Lickin' Chicken

This is a great recipe. I usually use chicken legs (drumsticks) rather than breasts. Really, any chicken will work. Don't be surprised when it comes out of the oven and there's lots of juice around it, it keeps the chicken from drying out. Just serve the chicken pieces and drizzle some of the juice over the top if you like. The juice can also be used to make a yummy chicken gravy for some other time.

Finger Lickin' Chicken

Copy of recipe (so it's searchable by ingredients):

Ingredients:
4 or 5 chicken breasts
6 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice

1 Tablespoon Vinegar
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper

How to Prepare:

Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over chicken. Cook on 350 for about an hour or until browning on top.

I know this sounds strange but it tastes like KFC without the crust!!

MoonDansyr Wed, Jan-12-05 17:35

Although it'll be 7:30 or so before it's done, I put this in the oven. I didn't "measure" but I eyeballed. Sounds good to me. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for the post!

MoonDansyr Thu, Jan-13-05 21:07

Okay, baked this up, but I didn't use exact measurements. It was good, though. However, I was soooo ravenous, that I can't say just how good it was. I'm going to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow and I'll have my final decision at that time. It *was* good, though - - just not sure if it was "divine" just yet.

Iowagirl Thu, Jan-20-05 10:45

Very good. I had six chicken breasts in a bag and this coated them all, nicely.
Thanks for posting.

EmmaB Fri, Jan-21-05 03:05

Glad you both enjoyed it! :)

Em

mizz Mon, Feb-21-05 04:15

my bf and i liked this chicken. tasted yummy but it smelled kinda funny. it has a blue-cheese sort of smell. i'm not sure if that was the smell but it was some sour smell or something. but it tasted very yummy.

missymagoo Sun, Dec-04-05 22:08

sounds so yummy!! going to have to make this. so many recipes i need to try. sue

LadyBelle Sat, Dec-31-05 18:55

I'm giving this a go. I didn't have lemon juice and I really don't feel like driving to store on new years eve. I have a feeling it's crucial to the recipie though, so we'll see how it goes.

What I did instead was use 3 tbsp coconut vinigar and lemon pepper. Also instead of breasts I am using thigh+leg pieces

LadyBelle Sat, Dec-31-05 19:28

Actually came out really well. I was suprised how crispy the skin did get.

The only thing I may do differently in the future is browning the chicken first when using dark meat. There is alot more grease then I really like.

kevinpa Sat, Dec-31-05 23:43

how does this work with skinless chicken?

lafluff Tue, Oct-18-11 11:45

made this tonight, didnt quite go crispy, didnt add a massive amount of flavour, though perhaps i didnt make enough of it for 3 pieces,

graciejean Tue, Oct-18-11 16:04

got to try this,sounds sooooo good.

jcm13 Sun, Mar-26-17 21:46

Tried it tonight and it was tasty. Next time only drumsticks and I bet it will be even nicer.