Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Introduction and hello.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=214362)

*Christy* Wed, Oct-13-04 14:20

Introduction and hello....

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I thought I would take the time to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Christy....lol. I'm 31 years old and the mother of 3 girls ages 13, 11, and 8 and a little boy who is 5. I live in South Florida (Port St. Lucie) with my children and fiance (been together 8 years). I work as an office manager although right now I am working from home while our offices are being rebuilt due to the hurricanes.

I have battle my weight off and on as long as I can remember. I have tried Atkins in the past and lost 10 lbs the first week but I gave it up because I felt so sluggish and shaky. I think I may have over done it with cutting the carbs the first time and I just didn't have the will power to stick to it. That's why Im here. I need help :help: with will power and support from others that are also changing their eating habits in the same way.

I am very glad that I found this forum and hope to be able to offer some support to others along the way as well.

Have a great day! :wave:
~Christy~

rissa Wed, Oct-13-04 14:27

howdy Christy! hope you're recovering from the hurricanes! I've only ever been through one and that was enough - I couldn't imagine 4 in 6 weeks!

The induction period of Atkins can kindof be like having the flu - you're releasing all the toxins from your body - usually that feeling is gone after the first week - some people it takes a little bit longer, but its worth it if you plow through it. Just make sure you're eating your veggies - get lots of good green veggies to eat and eat a lot of them! It helps to fight the sluggishness, as does making sure you get enough water - helps flush out the crud faster :)

4beans4me Wed, Oct-13-04 15:17

Hello and welcome Christy, from another 31 year old mommy of 4! :wave:

angeljandy Wed, Oct-13-04 15:48

Hi Christy...Welcome and good luck with your program!

*Christy* Wed, Oct-13-04 16:07

Thanks Everyone!

I have to admitt I attempted to start this on Monday and did really well until those 2pm cravings hit me. I at 5 mini dove ice cream bars (one serving according to the box!!! lol). I did this on Monday and Tuesday no less! UGGHHH! Other than that I followed it well. Today I have not cheated....YEAH! Anyway, I couldn't wait to try out the Keto sticks. It says I am in ketosis! Is that possible? How can that be? The dang ice cream bars have 30 grams of carbs for one serving. So for both Mon and Tues I had approx 50 grams of carbs for the day, yet I still am in ketosis? Could that be wrong?

Anyone, thanks to you that replyed to my intro. I look forward to *getting to know you* all better.

Thanks Again,
~Christy~