Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   NYC Get together (not challenge) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=167953)

Meg_S Thu, Feb-19-04 10:14

NYC Get together (not challenge)

Hey guys! I'm about an hour from NYC, and I know that there are more of you close by. It's an easy place to get to, a lot of things to do....

Was thinking about a summer low carber get together. Some eating, and fun activities. Suggestions here? Something somewhat active would be nice, maybe dancing or.....?

I don't have a specific date in mind. Maybe a weekend in July or August... Or.....

Trainerdan Thu, Feb-19-04 11:34

you can count me in ...NYC isn't too far from me ... I'd take a drive up ... or a train ... depends on where we are going/what we are doing.

Bees Knees Thu, Feb-19-04 17:54

I'm 30 miles south of New York City. I'm in. Just email me with details. Make sure you mention low carb forum in the subject line. I don't open emails from people I don't know :D *********

korry1977 Thu, Feb-19-04 20:22

sounds good... chillin in brooklyn... just finished a 16 hr day at the hospital...

cat2003 Sat, Feb-21-04 17:22

Oooooh! I am hmmm, 4 hours away from NYC -- in upstate NY, near Syracuse -- I would love to join you guys! Never been to the city! How can we contact each other? I think we can put our Yahoo screen names in our profiles, then we could IM each other?
Catherine

Meg_S Sat, Feb-21-04 18:12

yahoo is good - I have msn as well. We can also use this thread as a final plan deal thingy - that way we know anyone who wants to look at it can see the real dates, finalized time etc.

AmaniNura Sun, Feb-22-04 10:13

Depending on when in the summer.. I will be there.. Its a long drive.. but short flight. :)

Looking forward to it.

Rachelle Sun, Feb-22-04 21:12

Amani....

I see you are in Ohio.. there will also be a get together in late june in Chicago... just an fyi...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...3&page=44&pp=15

I will see what i can do about coming out to this get together... i think my BF has banned me from the East coast all together.. from my past frollicking.. but you never know things happen.

Muahhh!!!

Milhafre Tue, Feb-24-04 00:37

I'd be into it . . . I'll likely be around most of August - away for part of July but don't know when yet.

Just off the top of my head, there's a genuine beer garden in Astoria, Queens that has a huge outdoor seating area - it's lots of fun to go to in the summer (of course, beer isn't very lc!). Lots of fun places in Manhattan and Brooklyn as well. I'd be willing to help set things up/scope things out since I'm right here.

Mil

Meg_S Tue, Feb-24-04 09:05

Awesome. I definitely be in touch with you Mil, I'm not far from the city but don't have a clue as to the best places to go.

fern2340 Tue, Feb-24-04 18:03

Great thread to start Meg, since a lot of us are close to NY....depending on when, I could be in!

Meg_S Tue, Feb-24-04 18:06

:) When we get closer to the summer, maybe everyone can start chiming in and saying when is best and when is worst for them..... I'd like to make it as accessible as possible. For now it's nice to see who we might get to meet later on!

Ideas for an activity are always welcome

korry1977 Tue, Mar-02-04 21:30

sure... keep me in the loop and I will probably be there as well...

madp67 Mon, Mar-15-04 15:47

You can count me in as well!!!

I would like to get to know some of you.

I'm in Queens, NY.

Madeline

allibaba Sat, Mar-20-04 21:34

Hi folks,
I'd also be interested depending on the agenda :) I'm about 2 hours north by train. We just took a trip down last month to watch the Emeril show. We had a great time and I didn't even sway from LC :)

Alli ~ can someone keep me in the loop?