Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hi, I'm on induction again!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=297142)

naty07 Wed, May-17-06 08:24

Hi, I'm on induction again!!!!

HI, I been on atkins for a year, yes I Lost weight, but I Can't control my craving for cookies, I loose quick but I hit a plateau, and I can't get out of there. I would like to get back to my weight. I have too kids and I really want all my energy back. I would like some tips .thanks :wave:

MissieA Wed, May-17-06 10:12

Welcome to the forum and good luck to you. Yep, the cookies are hard to live without, but not impossible...there are some sugar free cookies for after induction but I can't stress enough MODERATION.

bob2112 Fri, May-19-06 05:23

Welcome to the forums.

AmandaMc Fri, May-19-06 06:03

Welcome to the forum. I would make sure if you are going to eat the cookies get low carb ones and only have a couple as a treat when you have accomplished something, like a reward!

Best of Luck
Amanda x

bkloots Fri, May-19-06 12:15

If you have a craving for cookies, it doesn't matter if they're sugar-free. You're still likely to eat too many of them. Over-eating (of anything) works against you.

Time to retrain. Next time you get that cookie craving, grab a protein snack instead. Chicken breast anyone? Or try something savory, like olives. It's kind of hard to overeat olives.

That cookie craving isn't real hunger, is it?

naty07 Sat, May-20-06 12:31

hi, Barbara, you're right it isn't real hunger , but usually I crave cookies during PMS ,that's why its hard for me to stay away from them.

liddie01 Sat, May-20-06 12:40

i have been doing a lot of Kevin Pa's recipes lately, today was biscotti, at one carb a serving, and really good!

naty07 Sat, May-20-06 12:57

I Can be doing Induction for several month, AND IT WORKS, but when I in OWL phase I GO BACK TO SOME BAD HABITS . :p

bkloots Sat, May-20-06 15:44

Naty, my guess is you're still thinking of Atkins as a "diet." When it runs its course (in your mind) you consider yourself done, and gradually go back to "normal" eating.

Fact is, LC is a way of life, or nothing. With persistence, you may eventually arrive at that epiphany. It's a state of mind. Keep practicing.

naty07 Thu, May-25-06 21:16

hi, everybody, I BEEN doing induction for 5 day, i been feeling great, even though I'm with PMS- but today I couldn't control myself and ate something i couldn't resist, why i could not resist temptation of certain foods????. HELP!!! :help:

Redrose81 Thu, May-25-06 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by naty07
hi, Barbara, you're right it isn't real hunger , but usually I crave cookies during PMS ,that's why its hard for me to stay away from them.

I agree...I can never get past the TOM without cheating....just a lack of willpower I guess, but welcome! yo uhave come to the right place!

kiszes Fri, May-26-06 11:37

Hi Nat

Hi Nat\

I know the feeling the moment I am sad, I want something sweet or in otherwords pastry, I definitely need to identify why I want to lose weight, I need something to keep focus.

Its ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by naty07
hi, everybody, I BEEN doing induction for 5 day, i been feeling great, even though I'm with PMS- but today I couldn't control myself and ate something i couldn't resist, why i could not resist temptation of certain foods????. HELP!!! :help:

Redrose81 Fri, May-26-06 12:45

I completely agree with you on that Kiszes...It's so easy to lose focus on why we are really losing weight, that we lose sight altogether and things start to spin out control.
And pastries are also my ultimate comfort food when im sad as well.

naty07 Fri, May-26-06 12:58

Thank you both, for your support, I am realizing i'm not the only one with emotional eating, please if you can give me more tips on this issue, because most of the time Im not hungry but i really feel anxiaty. thanks!!!!

kiszes Fri, May-26-06 13:03

Well I am not good at helping. I can only share my experience with you. I amm sad, I go to pastry shop or ice cream parlour.

But being on low carb even though, I am always slipping up. I try to drink at least 2 bottles of water, that distracts my urge for sweets and I eat alot of vegetables too infact I eat more vegetables than fruits.

One of the things that help me too, I have being cooking lately so insteadn of buying cakes, ice cream, fried chicken, sandwiches and chocolate, I would go to the supermarket or market and buy things to cook, so the money ends up going elsewhere. Thats just my way, but someone else might be different.