Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   I am normal! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=385794)

anyway... Tue, Nov-18-08 20:46

I am normal!

First time I've ever considered myself 'normal' at anything :lol:

My goal was to put myself in the normal BMI range. As much as I know BMI has it's flaws, it seemed like as good a goal as any since I don't really know where my weight is going to end up with all this muscle I'm holding on to. (Which is also why I'm posting this in milestones instead of success. There's still more to lose, I just have no idea how much and figure after this wherever I end up, I end up...)

So my goal was 173... which would put me just inside the normal range with a BMI of 24.9. This morning, I am 172.4, BMI 24.7, I'm fitting into large shirts and a pair of size 10 jeans (which may be just the brand because I fit into a 12 in all others, but I'll take it!)

which means...

Normal BMI and GOAL MET! :cheer:

ambimorph Tue, Nov-18-08 21:11

Way to go!

jschwab Tue, Nov-18-08 22:20

That's great. I'm one pound away from being merely overweight and I'm looking forward to it, no matter how messed up BMI is.

MrBuffalo Wed, Nov-19-08 05:04

Congratualtions on your weightloss.

rodmick Wed, Nov-19-08 06:08

Way to go!!!! What an inspiration!

Kirsteen Wed, Nov-19-08 07:41

Dear Anyway -

It's wonderful to read of your success. I think this *does* belong in the "success" area, so people can read it and take heart from it!

Good luck with the next stage of your journey.

ValerieL Wed, Nov-19-08 09:07

Congratulations! I'm kind of envious, actually, I've been shooting for a normal BMI for ages, myself, and it's been elusive.

I'm really happy for you, way to go!

Mousesmom Wed, Nov-19-08 09:15

Anyway - BMI flawed on not, welcome to "normal"!

Great progress!

Julie

Bru88 Wed, Nov-19-08 09:54

Congrats! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: ...Bru :wave:

anyway... Thu, Nov-20-08 21:33

Thanks you guys! I'm so excited! For a while I kept bouncing between 173.4 and 176... it was starting to make me think I wouldn't see this! But now I see it was just my body taking a temporary break because since I posted this, I'm down again to 171.4, BMI 24.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsteen
It's wonderful to read of your success. I think this *does* belong in the "success" area, so people can read it and take heart from it!

Aw you're so sweet :)

I figure I'll end up posting in success when I look in the mirror and go 'yep, this is where I want to be'. Since I have a hunch that will be in the 150s somewhere, I figure I still have long enough to go between now and then that this isn't 'the end', so to speak. Well, it'll never be 'the end' because I'm not giving this up... but you know what I mean :D

donnaliz67 Thu, Nov-20-08 22:11

Congrats - that's a great accomplishment!!

BMarieB Fri, Nov-21-08 10:19

I was just reading last night that people who lose weight for the health benefits instead of just to shed pounds keep the weight off longer.
I think the health benefits of being leaner is wonderful but its hard not to get excited anout the pounds coming off also!

Congrats on your loss!

FatFreeMe Fri, Nov-21-08 22:38

Way to go Anyway!

zodea Sat, Nov-22-08 17:27

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
That's great. I'm one pound away from being merely overweight and I'm looking forward to it, no matter how messed up BMI is.

Actually I have no idea how many pounds away I am... but I am CLOSE! I can not wait to be 'over weight'!!! That O b e s e word just does not sound good.

:cheer: Congratulations! :cheer:

Zodea

Pasque Sat, Nov-22-08 19:30

CONGRATULATIONS! Yay for you and all the hard work you have accomplished.

Pasque