Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Anyone from Michigan?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=129358)

tina-mich Sat, Aug-09-03 14:15

Anyone from Michigan??

Like to have some Lcing buddies from around my area or wherever in Michigan I live Washington Twp. near Romeo, Shelby Twp, Rochester. Maybe we can help eachother out. Tina

saffron28 Sat, Aug-09-03 21:19

Hi Tina, I am in Michigan, thought unfortunately at the opposite end of the state. I live in Escanaba up in the Upper Peninsula. It is good to see another Michigander here on the boards. Feel free to send me a pm. or drop by my journal and we can chat and get to know each other. I think it would be alot of fun to have a LC buddy here in the home state.

strokerace Mon, Aug-11-03 13:44

Hello Tina,
My name is also Tina, I use to live in MI. I lived in Romeo when I was a kid but mostly grew up in Macomb county, New Haven. I last lived in Marine City I now live in Texas on the costal bend. NO more snow yippee. It is so nice here.
Well just wanted to say hello and good luck.

HEAVEN Mon, Aug-11-03 14:42

Hi Tina and saffron28, I am also in MI. Grand Rapids area. strokerace your lucky you dont have to deal with the cold and snow anymore. I hate winter! :sunny: Guess it could be worse...I could have winters like you do saffron. Wonder how many more Michiganders there are here.

strokerace Mon, Aug-11-03 14:52

The sun is great, I do not miss the snow at all but I get to wear shorts all year, well all most all year so I need to keep my weight down. It is like summer all year here.
Good luck all,

tina-mich Mon, Aug-11-03 15:22

Hello, This has been a fairly nice summer so far. Temp. has been fine but there are alot of people I know that have boats and pools wish it were alot warmer. So happy to read all of your posts. Tina from Texas doesn't it get real hot there like in the 100's my brother lived in the Dallas area years ago and always complained how hot the summers were.Are winters here have been mild except this winter was the first in a long time that it got real cold. Best of luck to all. Tina

KMaryP Mon, Aug-11-03 15:34

Hi Strokerace,
I live near Galveston, but will be visiting the Aransas Pass/Rockport area the first weekend in September. The girlfriends and I are renting a condo at Port Royal. Have you heard of it? First time for me.

Last summer I never would have dreamed of going anywhere with the girls that could possible lead to wearing a swimsuit. I'm not exactly where I want to be weight-wise, but I'm close enough!

Tina-mich, it doesn't get that hot along the coast. Last week the official temp hit 104, but that was north of Houston at the airport. Don't get me wrong, it was really, really hot here, but not 104. The humidity is what kills us...typically in the 80-90% range. Fortunately, there's usually a breeze off of the gulf that helps to keep the temp down to a manageable level, like 98!

(Sorry to butt into the Michigan conversation)

motis Mon, Aug-11-03 15:59

Fellow Michigander here. :)
I'm in the Flint area. Not close at all to any of you, but it's nice to know that there are a few snow shovelers here. LOL.

~Angi~

candyluver Mon, Aug-11-03 16:36

Hi all you Michiganders! I'm also in Mi. I'm near Niles..on a small inland lake.

Heaven, I was born In Grand Rapids..my brother still lives there in Kent.

Nice to meet all of you, and I wish you all much luck in your weight loss endeavor.

CMCCAB1 Sun, Sep-05-04 07:06

Just moved to Michigan

Hi there!
I just moved to Rochester from Washington State. Ws have been here about 1 month and so far we love it. Would love to meet any local lc buddies.

A question maybe you can answer....Does the humidity here cause you to gain weight? It seems like the higher the humidity, the higher the number on my scale!

Catherine

Harvey Sun, Sep-05-04 08:56

Bellybuton

Yes, my adopted internet daughter, Dawnie (aka Bellybuton) is from Michigan.
Go and pay her a visit. She's mischievous, but a sweetheart anyway!

Eddie

ProfGumby Thu, Jun-30-05 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffron28
Hi Tina, I am in Michigan, thought unfortunately at the opposite end of the state. I live in Escanaba up in the Upper Peninsula. It is good to see another Michigander here on the boards. Feel free to send me a pm. or drop by my journal and we can chat and get to know each other. I think it would be alot of fun to have a LC buddy here in the home state.

Hey there in Escanaba! Greetings from about an hour down the road from you!!! Menominee MI here, glad to see some more Yoopers on the site!

Laydebleu Thu, Jun-30-05 21:00

I am also from Michigan. I live in the Ann Arbor area.

Ayustar Thu, Jun-30-05 21:05

Hmm, it's awesome to see so many people from Michigan. I did alot of growing up there. Around Port Huron *I am from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, but it is like 7 minutes away from the border* So that is really cool that I recognize and have been to some of these places. Does anyone know where Sarnia is? Hehe.

Jiggerz Thu, Jun-30-05 21:11

I suddenly feel pathetically stupid. :) I'd say 70% of the Michigan city (or township) names mentioned above, I don't recognize...and I've lived in Michigan my entire life! Holland, Michigan. I like to think that its just because our state is just so huge.....but..... :)