Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   lo carb success story forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=122450)

haycreek Sun, Jul-13-03 06:36

lo carb success story forum

The link to "more lo carb success stories" on the forum web page functions only to refresh the current page. The only way I've found to get to more stories is the "tell us your success story" link-not very intuitive.

tamarian Sun, Jul-13-03 06:45

Not sure what you mean.

Are you saying it's difficult to find the success story page? Or the success stories forum?

Wa'il

haycreek Sun, Jul-13-03 07:13

When I go to the main page, there are several tabs across the top - I click on the one called "Success Stories" and it brings me to a page with maybe a dozen featured stories. In the left column is a link called "More Low Carb Success Stories" but that only refreshes the current page giving the dozen or so featured stories. To actually find the story I myself had submitted (which was not included in the dozen or so featured stories) I had to go back and select the link "You can tell us your story here." Selecting the link then moved me into the forum page with listings of more stories, replies, etc. So that way of finding the stories other than the featured ones is not very intuitive to a new user to discover. It seems like the link that reads "More Low CArb Success Stories" should bring the viewer to the forum but it does not do that. Go ahead and try it and you'll see what I mean.

tamarian Sun, Jul-13-03 07:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by haycreek
To actually find the story I myself had submitted (which was not included in the dozen or so featured stories) I had to go back and select the link "You can tell us your story here." Selecting the link then moved me into the forum page with listings of more stories, replies, etc.

I see what you mean. However, we don't usually publish success stories from the forum on the website, unless the members explicitly authorize us to do so. I'd love to add as many/all success stories on the website, but we need to know if the member wants their story to be published.

I think I'll add a sticky to the success stories forum, so that members who want their stories published can notify us.

Thanks for the comment :thup:

Wa'il

digwig Sun, Jul-13-03 10:56

Hi Wa'il,

I think haycreek is also saying that the ""more low carb success stories" link on the left of the main Success Stories page doesn't take you to the "Success Stories" forum, but instead just refreshes the main Success Stories page. To get to the "Success Stories" forum, currently from the SS main page, you have to click "Tell us your story."

I had noticed this before, but just assumed that it happened because there weren't any more published stories. It never occured to me that the "more low carb success stories" link was supposed to take you into the SS forum. This seems like a good idea, and is probably just a matter of fixing a goofy link.

Congrats haycreek, on your success. I'm going to go and check out your story, now.

:) Dig

tamarian Sun, Jul-13-03 11:10

Yes, that link is important, since if you are reading a story, it takes you back to the stories index. I guess it the wrong name for the link. What we can do probably add another link for the success stories forum, and word them more clearly.

Wa'il

digwig Tue, Jul-15-03 10:15

Nice fix, Wa'il. Thanks so much for everything you do. You must be one tired guy.

tamarian Tue, Jul-15-03 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by digwig
You must be one tired guy.

Nah, boys and their toys. Can't wait to get back from work, to work on the forum/site :)

Wa'il