Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   No Flour Peanut Butter cookies (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=63077)

Rusulka Thu, Sep-26-02 16:56

No Flour Peanut Butter cookies

1 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup splenda
1 eggs.

Mix, spoon out and flatten on cookie sheet.

Bake at 325 F for 12 minutes.
Makes about 20-24 cookes
Only about 4 carbs per cookie

cre8tivgrl Fri, Sep-27-02 08:50

I've used this recipe too... It's great!!

:)

robnow Tue, Oct-08-02 12:11

Yummy :)

Wanted to say I've tried this recipe before as well, but I also include a tsp of vanilla extract.

Nice treat to have - I try not to make too often as I find them irresistable at times :)

Cheers!

Robin In Oklahoma :wave:

fitartist Sat, Nov-02-13 23:03

Peanut Butter Cookies

INGREDIENTS

Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 cup steviva blend
1 tsp vanilla
pinch sea salt

DIRECTIONS

Combine all ingredients. Place mounds on parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with the back of a fork.

Optional: add a couple of chocolate chips to the top of each cookie.

Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. They will be VERY soft until they are cooled. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.

Serving Size: makes 16 cookies

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 104.7
Total Fat: 8.3 g
Cholesterol: 11.6 mg
Sodium: 54.5 mg
Total Carbs: 2.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
Protein: 5.4 g

TwentyFour Mon, Nov-04-13 21:07

Yum. I think I might try this with probably TJ's almond butter or peanut butter and maybe even the crunchy kind. Do you guys think it's possible to make it with liquid sweeteners? I only have a few packets of Splenda but I have liquid stevia and Torani syrups. Thanks :D

Robin120 Tue, Nov-05-13 11:23

have done this recipe many times- and love it!

last week, i tried a new variation and used sunseed butter (boyfriend has severe peanut allergy). they were yummy- but heads up, sunseed butter turns GREEN when baked- hahahaha!

another fun variation, is to make "thumb print" cookies with this recipe and fill with sf jam- i like apricot or raspberry best.

Caroxx Tue, Nov-12-13 13:57

Anyone got an answer to the earlier question about using syrup instead of dry sweetener?

TwentyFour Tue, Nov-12-13 20:08

I made the cookies and it did taste pretty good. I mainly used liquid stevia and used only 4 packets of stevia just because I felt like it and could've probably gotten away without it. Not nearly as much as the 1/2 cup recommended. However, mine came out really crumbly. Probably because I tried to take it out right after it finished baking but it hardened up considerably once it cooled. So I think that using liquid sweeteners would work. Next time I make some with almond butter I might try with syrup. :yum:

cuechick Tue, Nov-12-13 21:53

I made these today and they turned out great. I used the new whipped peanut butter (Jiff makes it) just figuring it would be easier to mix. I also did a couple with sugar free jelly! So easy and good!

ljsmom Tue, Apr-01-14 17:54

bumping to save

Rosebud Tue, Apr-01-14 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
bumping to save

There is no need to bump posts in the recipe forums! Simply check the Contents sticky. :)

Kristine Fri, Apr-18-14 13:24

I've made these a few times, and they are indeed somewhat crumbly. Even after cooling overnight, I couldn't eat one without a plate because they fell apart. I also recently made the full-sugar version for non-LCers - sub 1 cup sugar for the AS - and the texture was way better, no crubliness. I really think you need either real sugar or the maltodextrin in the powdered AS for a decent texture. I can't imagine the liquid form would work very well, but I could be wrong.

Carol1 Mon, Apr-28-14 13:12

Yummy. I might have to make these this weekend.

Glendora Thu, Jul-24-14 00:40

What about liquid Splenda for these?

Nancy LC Thu, Jul-24-14 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendora
What about liquid Splenda for these?

Kristine answered two posts above yours.