Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   stawberry whip topping ? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=169502)

tracilynn Thu, Feb-26-04 19:57

stawberry whip topping ?

Hi everyone my husband brought home strawberry whip it has 2 carbs with 1 gram of suger do you think this is ok .Please let me know about the surger.Thanks Traci

LadyBelle Thu, Feb-26-04 20:13

I would stay away form the sugar. Also if it's whip topping, how many trans fats and other nasty ingredients does it have?

Instead use real cream whipped up. Then fold in some diced strawberries. It would probably end up being about the same carb wise, maybe a tad lower, but would have the benifits of the antioxidents of strawberries, no transfats, and a much better taste. Another thing to try is using whole milk yogurt, about 1/2 cup, and stiring 1 scoop Atkins strawberry shake mix. It works better with chocolate.

cc48510 Thu, Feb-26-04 20:14

Flip it over and look over the ingredients list...if you see the word "Hydrogenated" ANYWHERE on the list, don't eat it. If not, then a small amount should be fine. Just be aware that if this is the kind in a small bucket [i.e. Cool Whip type] that the Sugar probably comes from Corn Syrup and/or HFCS which isn't the best thing for you. You'd probably be better off looking for some in the Aerosol Can [which is REAL Whipped Cream vs. Solid Fat mixed with Corn Syrup, Guar Gum, and Milk Protein a la Cool Whip] or making your own with Heavy Cream, Strawberries, and Stevia [or Splenda.]

tracilynn Thu, Feb-26-04 20:24

there in freezer

Well I didnt think so I really need to read the labels it does have corn syrup in it I had a couple of bites before I posted but that will be all for me.
Thanks Traci

freckles Thu, Feb-26-04 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
\Instead use real cream whipped up. Then fold in some diced strawberries.

What a wonderful idea!!! Thank you for sharing that. I see ALL kinds of possibilities here...you could mash a couple blueberries to a pulp and whip it into the cream like you do Splenda!!! Yummy! Thanks so much for sharing, LadyBelle!

atlee Fri, Feb-27-04 10:09

You could also use strawberry DaVinci syrup as the sweetener for the cream, or add a couple drops of strawberry extract (available in the baking section at the grocery store, which DaVinci usually isn't). Also, if you want to mash up some berries, make sure you add them *after* the cream is whipped, and not before you whip it, when you would normally add Splenda. You want to fold them in gently by hand with a spatula, too, not try to beat them in with the mixer.

BlitzedAng Fri, Feb-27-04 13:29

I like whipping up some heavy cream and strawberry Divinci syrup...On jello it is fab.

LadyBelle Fri, Feb-27-04 14:54

I just got my coconut cream in the mail. Suposedly you cna whip it up like whip cream. I can't wait to try this :)