Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kitchen Talk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Cup-O-Pizza Challenge! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=372494)

Sikes Girl Tue, May-13-08 12:59

I can't figure out how to ...

:help: I can't figure out how to send the picture. Computer dumb! :help:

Sikes Girl Tue, May-13-08 13:30

I can't figure out how to send it .Sorry. I'm so computer dumb.

cleochatra Tue, May-13-08 15:27

I just saw this thread and am flattered I was mentioned. I am the epitome of class (adjusting my bosoms), so pizza in a cup is right up my alley. This is my first shot at it and I threw it together pretty quickly.

I present to you

Pizzatini with truffles and provolone, and a fresh chive finish
. (Pizza in a breakable cup with mushrooms, cheese and crap and stuff)

:lol:

The insides:

cleochatra Tue, May-13-08 16:52

To upload a picture, I usually first upload to photobucket from my camera card, and then transfer the picture link to this board via the button that looks like this under "Go Advanced".

cleochatra Tue, May-13-08 18:33

Hello. Did I kill the thread?

gcarradine Tue, May-13-08 18:41

Mmm, Cleo, I've been dying for pizza lately. That sounds like a fine snack! ::rummages for pepperoni::

cleochatra Tue, May-13-08 20:54

Ooh! Here is the recipe. It was so easy, I felt like a right bum calling it dinner. It was almost like a thick stew covered with cheese.

Ramekin o Pizzatini

1-cup ramekin
1/4 cup pizza sauce
chopped chunky mushrooms, green pepper, purple onion, pepperoni
slice of Provolone

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Turn ramekin upside down. With a knife, carefully trace the shape of the ramekin onto the cheese to make a circle (if your ramekin is too large, cut two half-circles which will cover the opening). Chop leftover cheese and set aside.

In ramekin, mix sauce, vegetables, pepperoni and chopped remaining cheese. Toss.

Top with cheese.

Place in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.

Remove from oven and top with chives.

You could go for cute and make a face on top for the kids using black olives.

Wifezilla Tue, May-13-08 20:55

Ahhhhh...we have an entry :D

Most excellent!

As for uploading your photos, you have to have them posted somehwere....photobucket is one option. I use imageshack.us.

Once it is posted, you copy the URL where your photo is and paste it in to your post. you can use the image code to embed it. [ img] the url [ /img] (exclude the spaces).

Or you can email it to me if you know how to do an attachment. I can then post it for you. wifezilla at gmail dot com

cleochatra Tue, May-13-08 20:57

I will own those magnets.

Oh yes. I will.

Wifezilla Tue, May-13-08 21:14

Hee hee hee

Quote:
It was almost like a thick stew covered with cheese.
you say that like it's a bad thing?!?!?!

cleochatra Tue, May-13-08 21:16

No, I was liking the thick stew. It reminded me of an Italian-type French onion soup with cheese on top.

I was feeling guilt at how easy it was to make (raised by a Jewish father. We do guilt).

Wifezilla Tue, May-13-08 21:23

I am just a fallen Catholic. I am not so good with the guilt thing :D

cleochatra Tue, May-13-08 21:25

I give great guilt.

IslandGirl Wed, May-14-08 01:40

Nah, WifeZilla, that's a colLAPSED catholic, and we do GREAT guilt, only to be outdone (barely) by a Jewish parental upbringing -- but not by much!

Bwaaa haaaa haaaa!

Pizza Capri
(photos to follow, when I take them...;) going to have to make this again!)

3 slices ripe red tomato
2 large fresh basil leaves
3 thin slices fresh unripened (buffalo) mozzarella (or several "cocktail size" fresh mozza balls!)
EVOO (your fave, best) to drizzle
fresh ground black pepper/sea salt (big flake, like Maldon, if you have it)

A drizzle of the olive oil in the ramekin, layer the tomato, mozzarella and basil leaves, with a pinch of sea salt and a grind of pepper on each tomato slice, top with the last of the mozzarella and a final grind of black pepper. Into a hot (400) oven til the cheese is well melted and bubbling a little around the edges. Let rest a couple of minutes.

Top with a final small basil leaf if you have one (looks wonderful, smells amazing) to serve. Draw a knife through in a cross shape, then spoon up.

Niiiiiice magnets, WifeZilla!

:wave:

snicker Wed, May-14-08 12:07

I can not send a picture and I make my in a 16 oz CorningWare bowl so I guess it is pizza in a bowl and not in a cup.

I brown 4 oz of sausage and crumble in bottom of bowl. Top this with 1/4 cup each of chopped onions and sweet peppers. Add three Tbsp of pizza sauce, garlic powder and 1 oz of cheese, I use cheddar. Add 1 oz each of sliced olives and mushrooms and top with 15 pepperoni cut in half and cover with mozzarella cheese.
Bake in toster oven on 375 about 20 mins.

With out the pizza sauce the carb cout is 6.5- 2.5 fiber.