Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Protein Power (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Back to square one on PP 1st book (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=408989)

Mister230 Sun, Mar-07-10 21:29

Back to square one on PP 1st book

This time I will make it work as a life plan no matter what.
The last time, after loosing forty pounds, I reached inside my soft abdomen and felt my aorta artery that had expanded to 9cm in diameter. I had surgery done and recovered just fine. Unfortunately, and for no reason I abondoned all weight lost program and went on eating like a mad man. Consequently, i got bigger than ever.
Now I'm ready to reclaim my health even if the numbers are out of wack. I've already lost 16 lbs and i'm rolling. I'm still reviewing and reading the first book of Protein Power which i've had in my possession for at least 10 years. I feel the book has been unsurpassed in its simple explanation and conviction of good nutriton and weight loss.
I have figured out my new Ideal Body Weight and my Lean Body Weight which is the basis of Protein Requirement for weight reduction without muscle loss.
I'm in the process of compiling a new up to date alphabetical list of all the affordable food that i like with the help of Corine T. Netzer's book of food counts.
It has been some years since I bought PPLP and I will review it again for added information and conviction.
Finally, many people talk about the Atkin's 1972 diet revolution. I promise to get aquainted with it too. Whatever helped you will also help me.

NOTHING STAYS THE SAME ANY LONGER THAN IT TAKES TO CHANGE IT

Mister230 Wed, Mar-10-10 14:50

I seem to be hung up at 214-216. It appears that I was consuming too many grams of carb. I have my little scale ready and tomorrow I'll start intervention 1. That will limit my carb to 30 grams/meal for a daily limit of 90 grams. My protein intake will be spiked at 34 grams/meal for a total daily consumption of 102 grams. I will keep that up for only a week, then will move on to intervention 2 where my carb will be increased to 55 grams.

Mister230 Tue, Mar-16-10 09:47

With the help of Corinne T. Netzer food counts book, and the first PP Eades book, i spent some time tabulating mainly the protein and carb value of all food items that enter my mouth. I made myself some daily meal forms that are actually quite pleasing to fill making sure I get enough protein and limiting the carb to 40 gms or under. I perforate the form sheets and keep them in a binder titled "My Nutritional Diary". Well, I got off the stall and I have since lost two more pounds. Down to 212 from 230 and i,m seeing the doctor tomorrow. Hope to get some good news in that area.

Mister230 Sun, Mar-21-10 22:55

Well, the results of the blood work came in and all my cholesterol numbers fell in normal range. I'm still overwhelmed with the huge transformation and the doctor was too. It's amazing what happen to the body when the carbs are reduced, removing all grain derivatives and the sugary substances. I now have a daily meal planning sheet that I diligently follow, making sure I get my 34 grms of protein per meal.

Mister230 Wed, Mar-24-10 21:48

Not so easily done and I must admit. At the end of the day, i find that i've exceeded my limit on carb by 20 to 30 grams. Nevertheless, i still lost another 2 lbs and today i tried some pants that i new were too small and they fitted just right. Funny that i kept clothes that i liked but didn't fit me anymore because they were too small.

Mrs. Skip Fri, Apr-30-10 16:57

Wow, how long were you on PP to get all those numbers in good ranges?

Laura W Thu, Sep-23-10 08:20

Mister230 are you still around?

I was just wondering about the form sheets you made for your nutritional diary. I tired My P.L.A.N., but we don't seem to get along too well.