Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   My sixth month anniversary (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=96088)

Skamito Tue, Apr-01-03 23:39

My sixth month anniversary

1 Attachment(s)
Today, April 2, 2003 marks my sixth month anniversary on Atkins. It wasn't a particularly rocky road and I don't have much of a story to tell. I started this diet because I was feeling uncomfortable at my 160lbs and didn't know what else to do. Amazed at the benefits and seduced by this forum (:D) I continued almost effortlessly and have felt very strong in this commitment.

I started exercising the beginning of February and have lost several inches since then. I'm not at my goal yet, still plan to gain muscle and trim down a bit more, but I have six-month progress pictures that I'd love to post. I'm so happy with this lifestyle and hope to never have to worry about weight again. :)

Stats-
Before:
Weight-160lbs
Bust- 38
Waist- 33
Hips- 42

After:
Weight- 139lbs
Bust- 35
Waist- 26.5
Hips- 36

Take a peek at my pic! :)

Skamito Tue, Apr-01-03 23:48

Before and after pic attached.

workinmom Wed, Apr-02-03 05:42

Nice job Angela! You can really tell a difference!

KoKo Wed, Apr-02-03 07:45

<center>Wow </center>

You look GREAT (you shrunk and your hair grew!!!!)

sheilaraye Wed, Apr-02-03 08:38

Crimson Wed, Apr-02-03 15:16

You look great, Angela! Wish I'd thought to take a "before" pic. urgh!

Karen Wed, Apr-02-03 15:44

Well, Skamito!

A big congratulations goes to you. I've always admired your level-headedness and sensible approach to low-carbing.

Here's to the rest of your journey, low-carbing all the way!

Karen

shannonlea Wed, Apr-02-03 15:52

Angela

You were beautiful 21lbs ago and are beautiful now! Congratulations and thanks for always inspiring me and visiting my journal! 11 more lbs.. and I'll catch up to you girl!! Take care~

JackieInNJ Wed, Apr-02-03 16:16

You guys are all my inspiration.. I can hear the happiness you're all feeling when I read your posts.. Any words of wisdom are welcome... Snack tips especially.. What you did when you badly needed sweets... I'm a newbie.. Need some OLDER brothers and Sisters to help me along..
Be Well
Stay safe and LC
:confused:

Talinka Wed, Apr-02-03 16:21

Angela,

You look FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulations! You are such an inspiration. Actually, everyone on this board is an inspiration. Thank you, everyone, for giving me the strength I need to get through this. You are all amazing.

Talinka :hyper:

Talinka Wed, Apr-02-03 16:27

Jackie,

Have you tried Atkins' Indulge bars? They are chocolate covered caramel and nougat sweets that are really terrific. Only 2 net carb grams per serving. They need to be eaten in moderation, however, because to much of them can have a laxative effect. A great treat without this problem is sugar free gelatin with a dab of whipped cream (you can add a no-carb sweetener to it). Good luck with everything!

Talinka

CAKES66 Wed, Apr-02-03 17:51

Way to go!

Wow thanks for the inspiration. Our start weights/goal weights are similiar. You've really inspired me NOT to miss a workout. :thup:

Kristine Wed, Apr-02-03 19:51

Wow, babe, what can I say? You've totally aced the low-carbing thing! You look fantastic and hopefully you feel just as good. :thup: :thup:

I just saw your pics. :D You kinda look like Mina Suvari. :lol:

See you on the Fitness Challenge Thread!!

Kaillean Wed, Apr-02-03 20:09

Yowza, chickie-poo! Pretty damned impressive. You look great!

K.

DDMariana Wed, Apr-02-03 20:56

Okay Angela...OUT of the fitness challenge.... :mad: !!

OUT, OUT, OUT!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well...a little late for April Fool's I know...but I'm just kidding! :daze:

Your pics are AMAZING!!! You've done a great job...and Karen's right...you're level-headed about this stuff! Some people get a little ridiculous... :rolleyes:

Nice going!

:wave: