Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   280 days of lowcarbing (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=95827)

chemlady Mon, Mar-31-03 20:36

280 days of lowcarbing

1 Attachment(s)
Theres nothing real special about my story.. I gained alot of weight with my pregnancy and then spending my time with a verbally abusive boyfriend helped me add on about thirty more and so I dumped the guy and took time to heal and then on June 24th, 2002 I started the atkins plan....Ive pretty much stayed on induction the whole time and cheated alittle over christmas some ...but other than that i am totally committed and I still working my butt in order to lose the last twenty seven pounds to get me to a goal i have never weighed...okay maybe in junior high. I started riding a bike in august and then slowly added nautilus and then in october i did my first bfl challenge and I just finished my second and now i am starting the fitness challenge started on this site by two lovely ladies by the name of mischa and deze along with many others...I know now that anyone can do this...I loved my comfort food and I closet ate in college thinking no one would know. I gained about twenty pounds each year i was there and ended up wearing size 40 mens pants when i graduated. I have tried every diet known to man and after I had my first child it took me 18months to lose 100 pounds lowfat and i was starving all the time and walking about 25miles and week along with step aerobics....This journey so far has been 280days...thats just over eight months and this is the difference in me....im alive again.

chemlady Mon, Mar-31-03 20:39

1 Attachment(s)
This is my current after shot and hopefully in a few months there will be even less of me...what am i saying of course there will...and just so you know this italian does not miss her pasta at all...no food tastes this good.

Laurie

4scully Mon, Mar-31-03 20:41

Congratulations...
You are such an inspiration. Your story is so much like mine, like most of us.
I'm only beginning my journey, but I agree with you in that I want this to be an ongoing lifestyle for me.
Have a great journey, and keep inspiring us all.

:cheer:

sweetpea33 Tue, Apr-01-03 12:05

congrats

Hi Chemlady
I just read your story and looked at your before and after pics and all I can say is WOW! Your a total inspiration. I've read and seen many success stories but your's just stirred something inside to keep me going and know that this is a very possible journey. Sometimes I get a little down and think is it really possible to lose this weight. But you've shown me it is. Thanks so much. Congrats on your lost and hope you reach your goal soon.
Happy low carbing all. Have a wonderful day.

:daizy: Sweetpea :daizy:

amazin77 Tue, Apr-01-03 13:23

Wow!

Chemlady,

What a powerful story. My heart went out to you. Some of us have the worst of guys in our lives. But you know your pulling through, And I'm sure we're all proud of you.

Thanks so much for posting the before & after pictures.

You look great!

Amazin77

P.S. Are you enjoying the Lobster's out there? I envy you, out here in California

sheilaraye Tue, Apr-01-03 13:34

lkonzelman Tue, Apr-01-03 13:50

Your beautiful Laurie... inside and out!

workinmom Tue, Apr-01-03 21:11

Thanks for sharing the pictures! You've done great and should be proud!!

chemlady Tue, Apr-01-03 21:16

Sweetpea33 and amazin77 thank you and i hope i can inspire many to keep going and lose the weight. The quality of my life has improved dramatically. I am so thankful that my friends mike and bob at work told me about lowcarbing...I can not tell you how happy i am that i am able to do things that we all take for granted. like getting off the couch and out of the tub. Walking the mall again...my legs used to be so swollen at night that i had alot of trouble walking. I sleep better, i eat better, i feel better and were all worth that. Theres no price i could put on the energy i have today. Like i said above...im alive again...and it feels great!

Lisa you say the sweetest things..made me feel good. Thank you.

Laurie

sheilaraye Wed, Apr-02-03 08:39

DWRolfe Wed, Apr-02-03 19:56

You GO Girl!

Sorry for the cliche, but I'm just so happy for you Laurie that I can hardly find words!

You have really done an amazing job and I absolutely know how much better you feel. And the inspiration you've just given so many others is priceless.

I'm so happy to count you among my forum buddies and I'm full-out proud of you! I'm smiling from wear to ear, sweetie pie!

CONGRATULATIONS! And continued success to you...

xoDonald :wave:

Miss Melis Thu, Apr-03-03 13:47

Chem-

Wow!... thank you for sharing... ;)
You are an inspiration!

M- :wave:

Danyele Thu, Apr-03-03 15:37

Wow, you look awesome!!! It hasn't even been a year yet??!! Just shows your dedication to this WOL, congratulations

Danyele

DarkLotus Thu, Apr-03-03 16:11

WOW! Laurie you look amazing! What a great job you have done! You are an inspiration! Congrats to you :wave:

shannonlea Fri, Apr-04-03 07:51

Laurie!!!!!

Wow what amazing pics!! You've come so far! And you are so toned too!! I'm just so in awe! I cannot imagine how GREAT it must feel! You're beautiful and are such and inspiration to everyone!!