Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Skyliz is 40 lbs lighter!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=386197)

Skyliz Tue, Nov-25-08 10:56

Skyliz is 40 lbs lighter!!!

:) :) :) I'm so pleased to have reached my target weight: I've lost 40 lbs (= 18.1 kg) in the past year, which is 24.8% of my total body weight.

On January 4, 2008 I started off weighing 161 lbs for the first time in my life and I felt heavy, my knees hurt, my thighs and tummy felt sore and only two skirts still fitted me. It was high time that I took action since I've always refused to buy bigger clothes.

I decided to give the South Beach Diet a try, bought the Dutch translation of the book, read all threads of the Dutch South Beach forum and quickly lost quite a substantial amount of pounds. Then I could not stand meat and eggs anymore and so I had a problem again.

After a short while I discovered this forum and a couple of days later I gave CAD/CALP a try. That suited my lifestyle even better because I loved the fact that I wasn't forced to have breakfast and I quite enjoyed my daily reward meal and so I started losing weight again.

Since then I remained inspired by both diets and I ate accordingly, fully adapted to my lifestyle and situation.

And here I am, on top of the world, 40 lbs lighter. The main thing is that I don't feel my body wobbling or hurting anymore when I run up the stairs or take a sprint. I can teach all day long, I never sit down and still at the end of the day I am not tired.

Being quite determined to maintain this weight for the rest of my life I'm very confident (and hopeful) that I will. :cool:

And of course I will be only too pleased to continue supporting you all.

rodmick Tue, Nov-25-08 11:03

Big congrats to you! Very inspirational!

CValentine Tue, Nov-25-08 11:21

Awesome job!!!
So good to see people get to their goals!!
Congratulations SkyLiz!! ~Cheryl

SandyDown Tue, Nov-25-08 13:35

Well done Liz
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Inspirational :)

Skyliz Tue, Nov-25-08 17:38

CValentine, Michelle and Sandy, thank you so much for your kind reactions!

Cajunboy47 Tue, Nov-25-08 17:51

Congratulations!

Now, I'll be watching for the after photo... :)

Skyliz Tue, Nov-25-08 18:01

Thank you very much Cajunboy! :cool:

Your transformation is also absolutely amazing. You look like your 'alter ego'.

Skyliz Wed, Nov-26-08 03:09

Cajunboy, it still will have to be taken. I'll do my best. ;)

MrBuffalo Fri, Nov-28-08 19:02

Great job! I love to here of success! I look forward to running up and down stairs and feeling great too. All the best to you, Liz.

Skyliz Sat, Nov-29-08 02:58

You will before long, Mr. Buffalo! It only takes a firm decision stick to the diet and to refuse to give in to temptation.

It is so nice to know that we absolutely don't need refined sugar. I don't buy any product with sugar in it, not even crisp bread or processed ham. And I have a lot of energy.

We have reason to feel priviliged to be without sugar in stead of feeling deprived.

bigmumma Sat, Nov-29-08 17:09

Congrats - you've done a great job and you're an inspiration to me :)

Skyliz Sat, Nov-29-08 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmumma
Congrats - you've done a great job and you're an inspiration to me :)

Thank you very much for your compliment. I'm pleasantly surprised that such a pretty woman and yourself could feel inspired by me.

You looked nice 'before' and you look nice 'during'. I can't wait to see you 'after'. We all will, I suppose.

bigmumma Mon, Dec-01-08 17:45

Awww - thanks...looking forward to the day I can post my after picture too!

Karkel Sat, Dec-06-08 17:54

Good for you...did yu exercise ? What all did you do, you mentioned a different plan besides Atkins...what is it ? Where can I read about it ?

MsChevious Sat, Dec-06-08 21:06

Congrats!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

That helps me to want to keep on keeping on!