Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   callanetics,yoga and dance (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=324540)

indee Sun, Feb-18-07 14:47

callanetics,yoga and dance

I started doing callanetics years ago after my first son,i easily sculpted my body down to a slinky size 8.I am now on a mission to do that again.
I am also in training of becoming a callanetics teacher,just to have that optyion and for the sense off achievment,I believe in callanetics so much to give it such commitment.
I love other excercise too,i do a little yoga and i dance too,the callanetics helped me to grow strong enough to dance,i am extremely grateful of that.

my daily agenda is:

* callanetics
* yoga
* dance

I do take rest days,I know when my body needs to ease off.

love and smiles

ind
xxxxxxxx :wave:

catcookie Thu, Mar-08-07 08:26

Sounds good to me!

sounds like you have a really good plan. I just restarted callanetics and I can
feel my body getting stronger already. What kind of yoga and dance are you
doing for your workouts? I was doing a google search and found something called NIA its a dance/yoga class from what I got out of reading the site.

here's the link I found :)

:http://nianow.com/

indee Fri, Mar-09-07 05:56

hi there,thats so awesome you doing callanetics too.
i am doing belly dance,for yoga i am doing 20 minutes of power yoga every few days.

with callan,i am doing every 2 days,weekend as rest days.
I am dancing in public the first time this weekend :)

thankx so much for your reply,its great to hear from you

love and smiles

ind
xxxxxxxxxxxx

catcookie Fri, Mar-09-07 15:22

Have a great time and remember "Have fun and enjoy!"

CC

indee Sun, Mar-11-07 10:48

I have piks...would you like to see?? :)

catcookie Mon, Mar-12-07 12:16

Sure! That would great!

:)

indee Tue, Mar-13-07 03:11

good morning girls,how you all doing?I did another hour of callanetics yesterday.my march challenge is 10 hours,I have 7 hours to go :)

heres a sweet pik from the weekend :)

I am the one on the left,it was amazing,I met so many beautiful,colorful and beautiful women.all sharing the same love of dance and fitness,i told many about callanetics,amazing how many dont know what it is!!! :help:

thats why i am studying to be a callanetics teacher,I wish the whoile world could feel the magic of callanetics!! :wave:

love to you,i wish you a bright and beautiful day

ind
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

catcookie Wed, Mar-14-07 07:04

Oh awsome! Your a tribal babe! :cool: and your right about folks not knowing about callanetics. Most I tell about it either dismiss it because the
tape is old and or they think it's just like pilates :rolleyes:

I've looking for someone who teaches in my area and I finally found someone last weekend.

:)

indee Thu, Mar-15-07 02:44

hi there.well done for finding a teacher,I am training to become a teacher :)
ha ha yes I am a tribal babe ;)I met such amazing dancers that weekend,I talked to some of them about callanetics,it would realy be a huge strength for their dancing,wouldnt you agree?
i mean take saturday night,I have only been learning to dance for around 8 months,I did a full dancers back bend,that HAD to be thankx to callanetics,nothing else could strengthen me so quickly!!!

catcookie Fri, Mar-16-07 09:23

Wow! I full backbend? :thup: Yes, I agree callanetics makes you really strong and flexable. I've noticed I can stustain my shimmy longer because
my thighs are stronger after those leg execises (tough stuff! but worth it!)

indee Sat, Mar-17-07 03:45

oh my gosh...you dance too!!!what style is your heart with?
i backed off for some reason with my callanetics a little while ago,it was only for a couple of weeks,but my goodness,i felt the difference,i was still doing ballet and dance,I have learnt that nothing can do for me what callan does :)

i know what you mean about the shimmy,i can shimmy for as long as i like without a break,isnt it a great feeling? :agree:

have you any plans for the weekend?
i am working today,I work from home so I can choose when I work.just gonna catch up with the housework and then on with work :wave:

what are your callanetics goals?
my goal for march is ten hours-i have 5 more hours to go .

this weeks achievment:

waist has gone down from a 34 inch to a 33 inch..

catcookie Tue, Mar-20-07 07:57

I started with the goddess style back in 2000 and have been taking classes mosting in caberet style. I tried to post a photo
of my at student show doing a cane dance but I must be missings step because it
won't show up. :(

indee Wed, Mar-21-07 02:30

aw could you email me the pik?

indogo~nantes.fr,I would love to see.

the goddess is awesome,I pracxtise different styles,as I want my own style to shine through eventually,theres honestly not a style a dont like,i think gothic is a little dark for me,but otherwise,i love and adore so many different styles.

Iam sohappy that you are dancing too :)

I am practising american tribal style,egyptian style and doing callanetics 3 times a week at the moment.
back on track with eating,i had naughty chokkies for mothers dayy here in uk :yum:

well must get ready for todays callanetics session

when is your next session?

hugs and smiles

:agree: :thup: :D

catcookie Wed, Mar-21-07 14:12

I have a copy of the picture I can send you.

My e-mail is : sweetmel37~yahoo.com

indee Thu, Mar-22-07 02:20

thats great.Thankx so much for your email,I sent you an email just now:)
well yesterdays callanetics session was lovely,everytime i do it,the time seems to pass faster and faster.
next session is on friday,doing 3 sessions a week :)