Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Need Support Getting Back Into Gear! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=157014)

Suzeeq Sun, Jan-04-04 19:29

Need Support Getting Back Into Gear!

[FONT=Times New Roman][B][I][COLOR=Purple]

Hi Everyone!

I starting Low Carbing last New Years and as of April I had lost 43 pounds. In July, I seemed to gear way off track. Needless to say, I have gained back about 15 of the 43 I lost and need to get back in the mindset. I am having a hard time doing this so I am looking for support and mentors. I have joined a gym and plan on taking yoga and weight training. My son leaves for the Navy on April 13th so I would like to be at my original goal of 130 when he leaves. So, anyone out there that can support me daily would be most appreciated. I need to be held accountable. Tomorrow I start Induction again. I am ready to go! Cabinets are clear. No holiday treats leftover. Supportive family. Assistance would be so greatly appreciated!

losinglois Sun, Jan-04-04 20:02

Hi Suzeeq - I, too, am starting over. I know we can conquer this war on weight! I just started induction the first of the year and so far, so good! Optimism counts, and I need to remain optimistic. Hope we can help each other and get to our goals! Take care.

Suzeeq Sun, Jan-04-04 20:43

Thanks for the reply. yes, we can both do this. I did it last year and can do it again. Just need to get into the mindset. I prepared againt today as I did last year and am ready to roll. The temptations of the holiday's for which I gave into are over! Thank goodness! I was so close to my goal last year and lost sight of it. Not his time. My son leaves for the Navy on the 13th of April and I would like to be at my goal by then. 130! I know we can help each other. Hat's off to a fellow Ohio girl! I was born in Cincinnati myself! Mount Healthy to be exact! Let's keep the post going. I am faithful in returning replies and would love the ongoing support that we can lend each other!

Take care for now!

cameocan Sun, Jan-04-04 21:37

Back to lowcarb too

Hi Susan,

Congrats on rededicating yourself to a healthy lifestyle. You sound wonderfully postive and motivated so I know you'll do great! I notice our stats are fairly close too. I started lowcarbing here in June 02 at 178lbs and though I never reached my goal of 135, I did get down to 142 by late fall that year. For the next year I hovered around 142-144 and was still eating lowcarb though more at a maintenance level. That was till nov of this year. I was going to school full time and working part time and despite regularly packing my meals, I became seduced by the lure of the vending machines. lol Add Christmas in on top of that and I am now sitting at 155 again. I could kick myself for undoing my hard work - and even worse I don't really feel much motivation to start dieting again. But it's a new year and I'm smart enough to realize if I don't nip this in the bud it will only get worse. And low carb eating was never a problem for me till this past couple of months. Before even when I would have the occasional piece of birthday cake or other treat at special occasions, I was always able to start right back the next day to my normal meals.
So today I stocked the shelves and fridge with lowcarb stuff and tomorrow morning its back to a healthier lifestyle. After its two-month carbfest, I'm sure my body is going to be in major sugar withdrawal, but I'm hopeful if I can just get through the first week things will be ok. I'm going to dig my journal here out again too and start keeping track of my meals - that was a big help at keeping me focused on my goal before.
I wish you all the best with your weight loss goal for April. Do you have a journal? If so, I'll pop by and check on your progress - I know its much easier when you have support and others here to talk to. Good luck.

Anne

Mom23girls Mon, Jan-05-04 06:12

Hi Girls.I am jumping in on this thread b/c I need some daily support as well.I am new to low-carb but not to dieting.I have been trying W.W. for the last 1 1/2years,while I did lose about 50 lbs total.I gained back 20 between Nov 1st and Jan 1st. So...I have decided that low-fat,carb filled foods keep setting me up for failure.I never felt satisfied on W.W. I was always trying so hard to lose.Now here,I am beginning day 5 of induction and I LOVE IT!!!! I am not hungry.

Okay,gotta run children are awake.Time for school!!!!

Stacy.

sjkling Mon, Jan-05-04 06:20

i keep slipping, but i keep weighing and so far i'm only up 2 lbs. it must stop today! i need some one to hold me accountable too, so here we go, ladies! hope to check in tomorrow with a better report on my eating habits!

Leanne Mon, Jan-05-04 06:55

Hi

How is everyone going with their induction? I have not been able to get myself to start. I keep slipping up. Whatever you ladies do, do not let your weight become too out of control like I have. Fair enough I am tall at 178cm, but losing 20kg or so is no where near as daunting as the 40kg (nearly 90lbs) that I need to lose. Nip it in the bud NOW and don't leve yourselves with a massive clean up task like I have.

Leanne

chargeit Mon, Jan-05-04 07:01

ay I join in ???? I cheated from Thanksgiving until today. I am starting over again. I have gained about 5 lbs and ready to get moving again.
A new year ....A new me ! :Party:

FromVA Mon, Jan-05-04 07:37

Suzeeq: Be sure to take your measurements!! There may be times when you don't see movement on the scale, especially if you are going to be starting an exercise program and sticking with it. My weight loss has been slow, but seeing those inches coming off kept me from getting discouraged. I weigh and measure once a week...try not to get addicted to scale! It can be a real downer for lots of folks. You've done well on the WOE before, so you know you can do it. Good luck!

Suzeeq Mon, Jan-05-04 16:52

Hello ladies! So awesome to see all that have joined in! Well, I am happy to report that day 1 of Induction went off like clockwork. Just as last year. I feel fantastic! I am more motivated and dedicated now more then ever. Such a great feeling! I know we can do this. I did it before. Tonight, I prepare a cheeseburger LC Quiche. Atkins style. 4 effective grams per serving and delicious! Side salad. Got my intake of water in so hopefully this dry winter skin will start to subside. No Diet Pepsi and one cup of light coffee. Caffaine withdrawal is hard and I drank the light last year and still had fantastic results. I will measure but I gave the scale a nice burial in the backyard. I never was a slave to it. I weight only once per month and won't weight again till next month. So come on ladies!!! Let's do it!

Now, my next question. On this website, how do I start a journal? I tried to figure it out before and couldn't do it. Anyone care to enlighten me?? Literally! Alittle humor there! Thank you all for your supportive words. Means more then you know! Keep um coming.

Suzeeq Tue, Jan-06-04 18:53

Day 2 and all is well! No urges for sweets. Energy is coming back up. Eating good and feeling good! Life is good. I am so determined now its not funny! My goal. 130lbs when my son leaves for the Navy on April 13th. Most realistic goal. That's 20 pounds away! I gained a few pounds over the holidays but am not fretting! I am sure they will be swept away during Induction.

Drop me a line ladies and let me know how all are doing!

Suzeeq Wed, Jan-07-04 19:14

Day 3 and all is fantastic! I can feel the energy returning! I feel incredible. So much better. Sleeping better, not getting sluggish during the day. Sugar cravings are gone. Meeting with a trainer tomorrow night. Life is good!

danakins Thu, Jan-08-04 09:31

Susan,

I'm right in there with you, Sistah Gurl! We can do this! I rededicated myself yesterday and lost 2 pounds and all the bloated feeling in one day!!!!

I'm so excited! I'll keep you posted.

Namaste,
Dana

FromVA Thu, Jan-08-04 09:44

Suzeeq: Use this link to go back to "introduce yourself". Third post down is the "Sticky" on starting a journal. You might find using a journal, which members can access, just the ticket for you.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=34155

Suzeeq Thu, Jan-08-04 17:41

Hello ladies!

Just back from the gym. Oh boy this is going to be fun! I met with my trainer and she is fantastic! Gonna tighten up the jelly belly now! That dangling stuff under the arms! Hopefully will start to fade and expose firm tight muscle tone! Yehaa! Well day 4 and all is well. Thanks for the journal tip Dandr. I did finally figure it out! You go Dana!! You can feel the energy in everyones postings! I love it! Well, its 4 degrees here tonight with a wind chill of minus 20. Not a pleasant night. I am off to the kitchen to prepare a fabulous LC meal! Have a great night everyone! Keep the posts coming.