Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My Ketostix is Purple....Due to Meat Fast..But (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=129794)

20b430 Mon, Aug-11-03 13:51

My Ketostix is Purple....Due to Meat Fast..But

Can someone shed a little light.

1. I have been on Induction for 5 weeks and only lost 4lbs.
2. My Ketostix has always been pink or medium pink.
3. I have not lost any inches.
4. I drink all my water, and exercise 3-4x a week for 45mins each session
5. I started a meat fast this week and my stixs are PURPLE.....

I woke up this morning I am 2lbs heavier....

I don't understand. Is my body burning stored fat, or the fat I am intaking.

Someone Please help.

lkonzelman Mon, Aug-11-03 13:57

This is not a fast weightloss diet this is a healthy way to eat everyday whenever you are hungry and to be satisfied while SLOWLY get to your goal weight.

The slowly teaches you to eat right and patience so this time you keep it off. You will not lose weight everyday. Your body will get into natural stalls where it needs to catch up with the weight it has lost. It is good to take measurements now because usually in a stall (4 weeks of no weightloss) you usually are still losing inches.

Realistic weightloss expectations are 10% of your goal of weight to lose is usually lost during induction then 5% of the remaining weight to lose approx every month.

tofi Mon, Aug-11-03 14:15

All that exercise is building lean sleek muscle tissue. that may be the 2 pounds or it could be water retention from PMS. You are already 22% of the way to your goal. You are also quite close to goal. Most of the plans say that the last 15 pounds come off quite slowly and gradually. As Lisa says above, this is not quick. And there's no way to force the body to give up pounds until it is ready.

Patience and persistence.

:wiggle:

20b430 Mon, Aug-11-03 14:16

Thank you both lkonzelman and tofi!

I guess patience is the key.....I'll just have to stick it out.

Natrushka Mon, Aug-11-03 16:28

I think a little more info is needed to be able to offer any advice, 20b430. How about starting up a journal here? You could be eating too little, too much, too many of the wrong things. With all the experience floating around this forum you should get some constructive help on how you might tweak things.

Keeping track of food, water and exercise can help you track foods that are problems, triggers and trends in fat loss.

Best of luck,
Nat

20b430 Tue, Aug-12-03 10:09

Thanks Nat....

I do have a journal though,,,I guess I could copy and paste. It's at the atkinscenter.com..

Hmmm let me see if I can get one started.

Thank you all for you support!

20b430 Wed, Aug-13-03 08:44

No weight loss during Meat Fast....could have been due to PMS.. So I will know next week. I plan on doing the same thing the rest of this week and drink more water... Most important stay positive.

lkonzelman Wed, Aug-13-03 11:20

Fat fasts are very unhealthy and ONLY to be done if you haven't lost anything doing induction properly (so not for you).

Try to go back to eating right and posting meals. We can help you if you get off track.

20b430 Thu, Aug-14-03 09:39

Thanks!!!

I've started induction all over again....I'm not longer on the Fast but a stricter induction.....

I've also started a journal that can be viewed at any time.

Thanks again for the advice.

lkonzelman Thu, Aug-14-03 09:50

I'm relieved!

You can do this! Just take your time and know you are going to get to you goal!