Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   South Beach Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Last 15-18 pounds. Any tips? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=464990)

MPrufrock Sun, Jan-25-15 10:22

Last 15-18 pounds. Any tips?

Hello all,

I've lost nearly 40 pounds on South Beach and have a little further to go.
I have recently eliminated dairy and diet soda. The scale fluctuates wildly but on the low days, I seem to have lost 1.5 per week but on the higher, not more than 0.6. I know that the body loses what it does on its own time and numbers are not always indicative of progress. I'm about 4-6 pounds away from "normal" BMI.

I was wondering if any of you who have reached goal have tips for me?

inflammabl Sun, Jan-25-15 17:04

"I'm about 4-6 pounds away from "normal" BMI."
Pretty darn close.

"The scale fluctuates wildly but on the low days, I seem to have lost 1.5 per week but on the higher, not more than 0.6."

I kind of chart my weight like a stock picker, i.e. past highs vs. current highs and past lows vs. current lows. It seems pretty accurate.

I have an odd suggestion I use to reduce the swings, drink more water. Doesn't make sense at first but if your body would like to get rid of something that makes you retain water, the worse thing you can do is dehydrate yourself. Just flush it all out.

MPrufrock Tue, Jan-27-15 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflammabl
"I'm about 4-6 pounds away from "normal" BMI."
Pretty darn close.

"The scale fluctuates wildly but on the low days, I seem to have lost 1.5 per week but on the higher, not more than 0.6."

I kind of chart my weight like a stock picker, i.e. past highs vs. current highs and past lows vs. current lows. It seems pretty accurate.

I have an odd suggestion I use to reduce the swings, drink more water. Doesn't make sense at first but if your body would like to get rid of something that makes you retain water, the worse thing you can do is dehydrate yourself. Just flush it all out.

Thanks for this. I appreciate it.

Judynyc Wed, Jan-28-15 09:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrufrock
Hello all,

I've lost nearly 40 pounds on South Beach and have a little further to go.
I have recently eliminated dairy and diet soda. The scale fluctuates wildly but on the low days, I seem to have lost 1.5 per week but on the higher, not more than 0.6. I know that the body loses what it does on its own time and numbers are not always indicative of progress. I'm about 4-6 pounds away from "normal" BMI.

I was wondering if any of you who have reached goal have tips for me?

I reached my goal using SBD 9 years ago. I also averaged 1.5 lbs. per week loss over a 20 month period.
I actually logged my food daily while I was losing. You can see it if you like. Go the first page of my current journal and find the link to my first journal and read the last pages. I did not have to cut out dairy but good for you for doing that. I found that because I am insulin sensitive and fairly healthy, I added 1-2 fruits a day and 1-2 starches a day.
I also walk a lot every day for my work. At least 10,000 steps a day.

Good luck! Enjoy the journey! :wave:

MPrufrock Wed, Jan-28-15 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc

Good luck! Enjoy the journey! :wave:

Thanks Judy, you are an inspiration.