Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   South Beach Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Goal Dates? Do you have one? Is it necessary to have one? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=418697)

BellaLucia Thu, Oct-21-10 12:16

Goal Dates? Do you have one? Is it necessary to have one?

My overall goal date is July or September. I gotta lost 154 by either one of those months! It's ambitious, yes, but not impossible. My first goal date is November 4, 2010. I want to lose 18 more pounds to reach 40lbs lost. I will be treating myself to seeing the new Tyler Perry movie the next day. I find it's necessary for me to push myself by having goal dates.

joylorene Thu, Oct-21-10 12:29

I have a goal date of January 8th 2011 as we are taking a carib cruise with the family - but I know I would like to lose 50lbs but I find that probably pretty impossible so I would be ok with 30???

I think it is important to have goal dates but I always find I start mine too late then panic

Judynyc Thu, Oct-21-10 14:35

Actually, no. I did not set goal dates because if I failed to meet the date, I'd have not felt very good about it.

What I did do was look at the next 10 lbs and set that as my goal. Just to make it to the next 10 lbs was very big for me. I did that 12 times. ;)

lovemyvet Thu, Oct-21-10 15:26

ditto what judy said. setting a date just set me up for possibly feeling like a failure. i just focused on 10 pounds at a time and no farther.

cnmLisa Thu, Oct-21-10 15:32

I have to agree with the previous 2 posters.

It's all well and good and a celebration IF you meet it, but what happens when you don't.

So many peoples attitude is tied up in the number (the scale) that if it fails to meet the expectation it puts them in a tailspin.

My advice--be true to your plan, partake in exercise if you can, if you have health issues, try to get them under control as best you can and enjoy the journey.

As someone very wise on this forum once said (Glendarc):

"Unfortuanately the rate of loss is controlled by our bodies, not our mind nor our will"

My focus this time around (the 3rd) was not to make the same mistakes that I made the first 2 times.

Good luck either way.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

BeachingIt Sat, Oct-30-10 05:51

I too go for the 5-10 1b goals, one baby step at a time. I don't have much left to lose now but when I think that I was 185 1bs after I gave birth to my last child, and now I'm in the 140s, close to goal... it's all good!!

newme2010 Sat, Oct-30-10 06:55

i have a goal date but if i have lost any weight and not at goal i will not be upset with myself. my goal date is may 2011 because hubby is coming back from kuwait and we are renewing our vows on the beach in a private ceremony so i wanted to wear something sexy and flowing this time around. since we married at my heaviest would love to renew at my lowest in adulthood.

miezimau Thu, Nov-18-10 14:07

I am setting mini goals, but have not set an Overall I want to be at goal weight on this certain day.
I am hoping to be at my goal weight in June 2011 in time for our 17th Anniversary, but if I don't make it by then I wont beat myself up. I do have a very good chance and I am giving myself plenty time to reach this goal, but ultimatley I will settle for the weight that I feel comfortable at and that my body can sustain and settle into. This may be the 155lbs that I have set as goal right now, or it may be lower. we will see when I get there.

yanxfan Thu, Nov-18-10 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by newme2010
i have a goal date but if i have lost any weight and not at goal i will not be upset with myself. my goal date is may 2011 because hubby is coming back from kuwait and we are renewing our vows on the beach in a private ceremony so i wanted to wear something sexy and flowing this time around. since we married at my heaviest would love to renew at my lowest in adulthood.

Oh, that's so nice! Good luck...and thank him for his service for me!