Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hello. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=469601)

Legendary Mon, Aug-31-15 12:34

Hello.

Just wanted to jump right in.

I started a zero carb diet on 8/9/15. My starting weight was 266. I have been eating 1 scrambled egg with either bacon or sausage for breakfast. For lunch either some sausage with very little cabbage or some other beef or pork. Dinner some baked chicken. That is usually between 0-5 carbs a day.

I then run 2.5 miles in the evenings. As of today I am at 243. Dropping too slow.....why? Or is it the norm to drop that much weight in a few weeks? thx.

Tamoney Mon, Aug-31-15 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary
Just wanted to jump right in.

I started a zero carb diet on 8/9/15. My starting weight was 266. I have been eating 1 scrambled egg with either bacon or sausage for breakfast. For lunch either some sausage with very little cabbage or some other beef or pork. Dinner some baked chicken. That is usually between 0-5 carbs a day.

I then run 2.5 miles in the evenings. As of today I am at 243. Dropping too slow.....why? Or is it the norm to drop that much weight in a few weeks? thx.

Hi Legendary,

Welcome to the forum! You will find so much support here. As far as your weight loss being slow...absolutely not! 23 lbs in 3 weeks is amazing. Seems to be working for you. I have dropped 26 lbs, but it has taken me 7 week. Keep up the great work!

Legendary Mon, Aug-31-15 13:29

Thank you money. My wife keeps telling me I am doing great as far as weight is concerned. The zero carb diet is working really well, but I think the running is helping even more. I burn around 600-680 calories running. I wear a thick sweater when I run.

If i get hungry around 10pm I eat a small bowl of cool whip with just a sprinkle of quik. :agree:

Tamoney Mon, Aug-31-15 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary
Thank you money. My wife keeps telling me I am doing great as far as weight is concerned. The zero carb diet is working really well, but I think the running is helping even more. I burn around 600-680 calories running. I wear a thick sweater when I run.

If i get hungry around 10pm I eat a small bowl of cool whip with just a sprinkle of quik. :agree:

Your exercising at a much higher rate than I am. What I wanted to do was an hour at the gym 3 times a week and swim 3 times a week, however my Dr. has told me to stay out of the pool or ocean until my foot wound completely heals. I'm hoping to be released this week--fingers crossed, so I can start swimming again. I can't handle getting too hot because I literally see sparks and feel like passing out. So that can't be good for me, :lol: If you handle the heat in a thick sweater Kudos to you. You are doing great!

MickiSue Mon, Aug-31-15 18:41

You may find that you are cheating yourself, though, if you stay as low on volume of food as it appears you are.

I NEVER eat fewer than two eggs at a time, and I am a 5'5" woman who weighs (right now) 80 lbs less than you. With the added exercise, you may need more intake, to keep your metabolism from slowing down: eat too little, and your body tries to hang onto its fat stores.

Legendary Tue, Sep-01-15 07:21

OK. I get you. Thx for the info.