Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Here - Long Time Low Carber (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=438435)

BlueEyes2 Sun, Feb-05-12 09:38

New Here - Long Time Low Carber

:wave:

I've been on Atkins for 11 months and have lost 30 pounds. A couple of months ago I left the newest version of Atkins (NANY) and returned to the original plan (DADR) where I find it works best for me.

Liz53 Sun, Feb-05-12 09:51

Hi Blue, good to see you here.

Lois55 Sun, Feb-05-12 10:58

Hi there. :-)

BlueEyes2 Sun, Feb-05-12 10:58

Good to see you too, Liz! It would be nice to create a thread where we can all gather again.

JEY100 Sun, Feb-05-12 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes2
Good to see you too, Liz! It would be nice to create a thread where we can all gather again.

Yes, it would! I was off-line in a huff when the old brain cells remembered that this forum has an "introduce yourself" section...and you'll beat me to it :wave: :wave: :wave:

Liz53 Sun, Feb-05-12 11:27

Hi Janet-- We miss you already.

Liz53 Sun, Feb-05-12 11:29

Hmmm, what's with the little symbols under our names? First I had eggs, and now I've graduated to bacon? An appendix? A drumstick? Does anyone have the secret decoder ring? Can't wait to see what other foods I gather.

Lois55 Sun, Feb-05-12 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
Hmmm, what's with the little symbols under our names? First I had eggs, and now I've graduated to bacon? An appendix? A drumstick? Does anyone have the secret decoder ring? Can't wait to see what other foods I gather.

I find all of that rather strange as well. Okay, so who starts the thread and what do we call it? :help:

JEY100 Sun, Feb-05-12 11:56

This is a V-Bulletin platform, another board i'm on uses the same provider. Helps to read the FAQs above, but the eggs and drumsticks are a post counting system unique to LCF. Maybe you get a full dinner when your count is high..I've seen lobster..yum!

doreen T Sun, Feb-05-12 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
This is a V-Bulletin platform, another board i'm on uses the same provider. Helps to read the FAQs above, but the eggs and drumsticks are a post counting system unique to LCF. Maybe you get a full dinner when your count is high..I've seen lobster..yum!

Yes, the drumsticks and lobsters are unique to ALCF :). Just click on it to see what the point counts are :idea:

Welcome aboard :rose:

Doreen

JEY100 Sun, Feb-05-12 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Yes, the drumsticks and lobsters are unique to ALCF :). Just click on it to see what the point counts are :idea:

Doreen

Thank you, Doreen. Cute idea! I saw Peggy had two lobsters, so I'll be aiming for that meal. ;)

BlueEyes2 Sun, Feb-05-12 13:02

:lol: Hi Lois, Liz, Jey! I'm still an egg-head.

Suezeb Sun, Feb-05-12 13:02

Well....Imagine seeing you here! ;)

Labhrain Sun, Feb-05-12 13:05

Hey, everyone! Good to see all your familiar "faces" here!

BlueEyes2 Sun, Feb-05-12 13:17

I see Labby is back at the beach. Is this his retreat?

Liz53 Sun, Feb-05-12 13:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T

Doreen

Thank you, Doreen, for the explanation. I want to be a buffalo when I grow up. And thanks for the welcome.

Tikib Sun, Feb-05-12 13:48

Hi folks, Janet, missed you and had to follow....

Labhrain Sun, Feb-05-12 13:56

Quote:
I see Labby is back at the beach. Is this his retreat?

Yep, for the moment. And it is such a lovely day here, a beach trip seemed warrented.

Labhrain Sun, Feb-05-12 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
I want to be a buffalo when I grow up.

I took a look at the different post markers. I want a buffalo, too! :D

JudyPatoot Sun, Feb-05-12 14:25

Hi all! Thanks to Lois, I was able to follow you all over here. So I can lurk here as well. ;)

BlueEyes2 Sun, Feb-05-12 15:23

How does one edit their profile?

becky7474 Sun, Feb-05-12 15:27

Quote:
How does one edit their profile?

Hit the dropdown menu under "Quick links" in the green menu bar.

Lois55 Sun, Feb-05-12 15:40

I'm going to start a thread for the old gang. Hopefully we can attract some new people as well. Need help with a title.

Liz53 Sun, Feb-05-12 18:12

throwing out a couple of names for new thread:

NewER Net Carbs/Total Carbs
Recent Immigrants from A Distant Forum
Landed Immigrants from A Distant Forum

I don't think any are perfect, just trying to get the ball rolling. :wave:

I like the smileys better here.

Lois55 Sun, Feb-05-12 18:28

Sorry Liz!! I think I missed you!

Check out the Lab Rats on a Quest.

Buttoni Tue, Feb-07-12 14:26

Well HELLO, Blue! I almost never browse the new members area of this forum, but happened to do so today and was gob-smacked at the bail out over there. I don't think I need to ask what happened. I did peek in over there occasionally this past 8 months, only to see things hadn't changed.

I've been a member here for some two years now. This place is GREAT! Lots of incredibly well-informed and caring people from all walks of life with a wealth of experience at low-carbing. Lots of great research discussions in the research forums. Lively discussions in the Carb Wars forum, too, but always civil discussions, without snarky remarks.

Tweaking programs to meet an individual's needs is NOT frowned upon here. We do what we've gotta do to get to where we wanna be. :)

Again, a personal welcome to you.

billbill1 Tue, Feb-07-12 14:42

Hello there Blue.

esam Tue, Feb-07-12 15:09

HI

:wave:

new around here.......
returning LCer.....haven't been LC in years, but life has necessitated it for me. Not my original choice, but seems to be the one that is working best for my body, so who am I to argue!!

e

aj_cohn Tue, Feb-07-12 16:19

If I'm not pressing on a sore spot, from which forum are all you folks coming?

knorris47 Tue, Feb-07-12 17:23

Atkins Official