Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dinner, dinner, dinner! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=360471)

27Peach Sat, Jan-12-08 19:43

Erika, the coconut I used in this recipe is coconut "chips" - basically large coconut shavings. I get these in a gallon bucket from tropicaltraditions.com, which is also a wonderful place to get virgin coconut oil and other edible coconut products and a lot of other healthy coconut products including lotion, soap, cleaning products, etc.

You could also use unsweetened shredded coconut. I toast mine before adding to the dish. Another great thing to add to this dish is cabbage kimchee, which is a Korean side dish, or some salted (sea salt, please) thinly sliced cucumber (you can add some hot sauce or a bit of cayenne pepper for some heat) to add some more crunch and a variety of flavor.

Kristine Sat, Jan-12-08 20:30

Curried chicken with some onion and bell pepper. :yum: I made the sauce with homemade chicken fat and broth, coconut cream, ginger, garlic, and... a Vietnamese curry powder with a picture of an Indian guy on the package. "Indian Chef" brand or something.

tebesco Sat, Jan-12-08 20:39

Meatloaf and broccoli dressed with homemade olive oil dressing, a little blue cheese, and crushed red pepper. :yum:

Kd did Sat, Jan-12-08 21:48

Low carb Ratatouille!

pengu1 Sat, Jan-12-08 22:28

Creamy chicken soup tonight. Two chicken breasts, 3 large shallots, garlic, fresh thyme, rosemary, mushrooms, butter, cream and chicken stock. I used to make this with egg noodles in it, but added about 3 cups of fresh spinach instead.

Yummy.

Foody Sun, Jan-13-08 09:20

Last night we had pan fried italian sausage, angel hair coleslaw w/ranch dressing mixed with red wine vinegar, tarragon and Splenda and green beans with garlic and cream cheese. It will probably lunch today too.

chubbygrrl Sun, Jan-13-08 10:18

I've been on a quiche kick all week... am cooking a broccoli and cheese quiche right now for dinner tonight!! :yum:

pennink Sun, Jan-13-08 10:22

ny strip with asparagus and cheese sauce (sour cream, cheddar and hot mustard) and sauteed mushrooms.... mmmmmm

Natkins Mon, Jan-14-08 12:45

Smoked spareribs, bacon-wrapped green beans.

Foody Mon, Jan-14-08 12:55

Terriyaki marinated chicken (very little marinade), asparagus sauted in olive oil with lemon pepper, salad with Kroger Oil and Vinegar dressing (very tasty dressing with 1 carb per 2 tbls).

gonwtwindo Mon, Jan-14-08 13:52

Last night: Chix breasts baked with a combo of sourcream, shredded monterey jack, sliced olives and green chiles spread on top, w/ buttered crookneck squash.

Tonight..."Almost Lasagne": Sliced zuccs in the bottom of a pan, topped with a misture of ground beef, onion, mozzarella, and tomatoes...topped with parmesan and baked 45 min. YUM.

neverwhere Mon, Jan-14-08 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa
Yesterday was "no dough" pizza from the restaurant a block down the road. They let you pick out the toppings, then cook it in a disposable metal pan. It's exactly like a pizza - with sauce and such - but without the crust.

Holy crap...never heard of a place doing that!!!

Speaking of, am making deep dish pizza quiche tonight.

Culturista Mon, Jan-14-08 15:33

Last night was a soup of collard greens, broccoli, spinach, onion, garlic, cayenne, extra virgin coconut oil, vegetable broth and lime juice and a serving of almonds.

Tonight will be steamed broccoli, mascarpone cheese on flax seed crackers and 1/2 a grilled chicken breast with a pesto sauce.

RachelTN Mon, Jan-14-08 19:28

Yesterday I had baked talipia & 4 jumbo shrimp made in the oven with loads of butter (well not really, but it seemed like it compared to my old ways of eating low fat!) and paparika. Plus I had some green peppers & green onions stir fried in butter. Then for "dessert" I had about 3 tbs of sour cream with artifical cherry flavour & a 1/4 tsp of Stevia. Tastes just like Yoplait custard yogurt (to me anyway). Yummmmmy..... :yum:

Tonight I was pressed for time so I had a cup of ham and cabbage soup (no potatoes in it) and a protien powder drink (plain protien powder, 2 tbs of daisy sour cream, 1/4 tsp of artifical french vanilia flavour, 1 cup water, and 1 tsp of flax meal (fills you up!))

27Peach Mon, Jan-14-08 19:44

Pot roast that was cooked slowly in chicken stock, red wine, tomato sauce & spices served in a bowl over mashed cauliflower with lots of butter. Got the pot roast recipe from the TNT Diet book - I think it's the best pot roast I've ever made! DH thinks so, too!