PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute: How has Dr Atkins positively affected your life?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Talon
Sun, Apr-20-03, 09:29
When my husband first mentioned the Atkins diet - I told him that he must be out of his ever-loving mind! But being the analytical person I am, I had to investigate. Dr Atkins reasoning seemed very logical, even if it went against the norm.

So off we went on the Atkins diet. It lasted for about 7 months. We got bored with the diet and decided to go off. But because Dr. Atkins kept getting the word out to more and more people - we tried it again - this time armed with low carb recipes.

It has now been 15 months on this way of eating, and I don't see myself stopping. This is the way I eat. Period.

During these 15 months, I have lost almost 70 pounds, my skin has cleared up, and I have more energy than I have had since I was in my teens! My blood pressure is wonderful, my cholesterol is excellent. In short, I believe Dr Atkins has helped to improve and extend my life. I will always be grateful to this man.

Thank you Dr. Atkins. You are my hero.

liz175
Sun, Apr-20-03, 09:42
Dr. Atkins saved my life. I was loosing my mobility, my blood pressure was shooting up, and I had tried and failed on a variety of lowfat diets, when I found Atkins last July. My quality of life was diminishing because of my weight and I was heading to an early death. In nine months, I have lost 80 pounds and reversed the direction my life was going in. I can now walk for miles, my blood pressure is normal without medication, and I have more energy than I have had in 20 years. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but I have turned a corner and I know now that I can do it. Thank you Dr. Atkins!

cc48510
Wed, Apr-23-03, 21:35
1) I lost 68-73 pounds
2) I lost 7-10" off my Waist
3) I lost 7-9" off my Upper Chest
4) I lost 9-12" off my Hips
5) I had reflux (and an ulcer) since 1995/1996. The reflux disappeared after going on Atkins.
6) I had open sores under my breasts. The left side is completely healed. The right is almost completely healed.

Finally, the one that I never told any person in my family about:

At 18, I began having pains in my arms, legs, and even near my heart. It was my understanding that these are the classic prescursors of a Heart Attack. Since going on Atkins, they have gone away. The way I was eating...and I may well have died before I hit 30.