PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb to Paleo---need input/advice

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sophates
Sun, Apr-20-03, 01:43
I've been on atkins since the new year started and haven't lost more than an initial eight pounds during induction. So, I'm going to try to cut out dairy and try to eat a more whole foods diet---which very much resembles the paleo diet in the book I read about a month ago---minus the fruit, of course.

I was just wondering what your experiences have been on these diets. In regard to the way you feel and weight loss.

Note: I felt remarkably better on atkins---no sugar highs and lows---but like I said, haven't really lost much weight and at 170 I can hardly think I'm at my natural weight---I've been down around 150 and that's felt more right to me.

Thanks for reading this!

mamasita
Sat, May-10-03, 08:37
Hi Sophates:
Been through the same path... did Atkins for a couple of months lost like 6 pounds on induction, did induction again and nothing...
got out of LC for like 2 weeks, didn't gain weight, but it didn't feel right.
Read Protein Power, it's a great plan... but not for me...
Read Neanderthin... loved it!!!! found that this plan suits me the best... Started it like 2 weeks ago, also my hubby, lost like 4 pounds the first week, and then nothing... but as my weight is low, I must of reached a confort zone... next week I'll drop the fruit and the dried fruit and see what happens...
Anyway I think that we all must look for the plan that suits us and work with our knowlage and intuition, and try till you find
what works the best for you
So good luck on your journey!!!!
:wave: mamasita

MaryMac
Thu, May-22-03, 22:17
Hi sophates,
I've been looking into the paleo diet too (I also thought without the fruit). I'm frustrated with the very slow weight loss (I only have ten pounds to go and that may be a part of it) I can't accept I'm meant to have these love handles though.
My plan is to cut back on the cream in my coffee and pump up my exercise and water first, if that fails I'm going to try the paleo.

Mamasito's right - we have to find what works best for us.
Good luck
Mary

mamasita
Thu, May-22-03, 23:10
I'm also on those last ten pounds... well what can I tell you... it's a killer, the scale wont move, and I really don't go by the sacale, I've also measured everything...
I've been like this for a couple of months, and as I said I've droped all the fruit and others, and it seems it started to work...
at least I don't have any cravings like I did at the beging...
and of course I work out (almost every day) and I take my supplements....drink a lot of water too...
I read in Neanderthin, that it can take someone at a low weight up to two years to lose the extra fat ( well think about all the years that took us to get that way)
Well, if you think of anything else , let me know!!!!
Best wishes to you all :D
mamasita