PDA

View Full Version : Deze's Gym

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

deze
Wed, Apr-09-03, 10:35
Time to start a gym log in here....

Today is 9 April BFL C2 Day 24

lkonzelman
Wed, Apr-09-03, 10:40
bout time!!! :D

chemlady
Wed, Apr-09-03, 10:41
Sounds like someone is getting serious....good for you...pump that iron baby....

The gym log is a good thing although mine is journal friendly at times....

Good Luck!

Laur

deze
Wed, Apr-09-03, 18:59
Even though today was my day off, I just got back from a good brisk 50 min walk... not a heart pounder by any means, but I dont always have to be all full blown!

hope the gymlog link activates.. or did I do something wrong??

oaky, maybe this will be the peace oasis from the craziness in the journal? :rolleyes:

j

chemlady
Thu, Apr-10-03, 07:51
Just forget that thought completely...anywhere theres sweating and heart pounding activity...the pervs will congregate...

And i agree any added activity is good....I went shopping last night and bought a sexy baby doll...I know who i want to wear it for...but does he...thats the question. sheer lavender lace with thong panty...course i dont plan on wearing it long...just long enough.....

Now get to the gym and do some sweating!!!

Laurie

deze
Thu, Apr-10-03, 10:04
C2 Day 25

10min warmup
UB
60 min power walk (7.5km) walked home from the Y

okay, gonna lower my carbs.. this is the problem~ carb creep, even though I've eating good ones, and low GI, I see no change in the body...

pervs in here too.... oh no, cant escape..

Laur, wow, the new sexy pieces sounds sexy for sure... cute.. He will LOVE it!!

xo
j

chemlady
Sat, Apr-12-03, 09:51
Okay im from the gym log patrol and its been two days...need update on activity....and keep those carbs down girl....its okay to have the oatmeal but save it for a lift day and have 45mins before workout...as nat would say...its all timing....also look for the lowest carb oatmeal...or a smaller serving with protein...I have all natural granola in my drawer at work and have a handful on lift days sometime...its all natural and not too bad in carbs as long as the serving is small...i also buy these gensoy bars that have 23carbs with soy protein and somedays i have half before a workout....its so easy to have the carbs creep on you..i know. My problem lately is getting in all the water...its just as important in moving my scale....

Okay...have to go ride the stationary bike now!

Laurie

deze
Wed, Apr-16-03, 19:06
OH I am in trouble.. havent been reporting in here.. I keep forgetting about this place... sorry Laur.. I'm here!

lets see where I left off...

Day 26 Friday- UB
Day 27 Sat-off
Day 28 Sun- off
Day 29 Monday- UB and LB
Day 30 Tuesday- cant remember... :doah:
Day 31 Wednesday- BEGIN WEEK 5 BFL.. USING ABC EXERCISES:
25 min rowing machine and 25 min elliptical trainer, 30 min bike ride

Deficit of 1056 today.. 16 Wednesday, April

will post more regularly... promise.

For Week 5, which officially started today.. I am refurbishing my BFL exercises and using ABC 13 week fatburner exercises.. they incorporate barbell's which I have been intimidated by in the past.. today I spent some time getting to 'know' the equipment and tommorow I do quads and hammies.... with lotsa glutamine!!!

Eating plan will be very LC.. well as LC as I can get by on...

thats the plan man.. will stick to it.. promise!!
j

deze
Thu, Apr-17-03, 10:25
BFL Day 32

30 min bike to and from Y

Leg press (feet close together and low)
12, 10,12 (180lbs each)

Leg press (feet high and wide)
12,10,12 (200 lbs) with static strip of 180 for 30 seconds

Leg press (feet medium, toes out)
12,10,12 (200 lbs)

Squats
12,10,12 (using just the bar... will use more next time)

Calf Raise
20,15,10 (8 lbs) with static strip of 8lbs for 30 seconds

Reverse Calf Raise
12,10,12 no weights

Ab crunches 20
Twist crunched 20 each side
Ab crunhes on the ball ( 3 sets of 12)
Ab crunches 20

feeling good. wonder if I will be stiff tommorow.. didnt feel like a hard workout.. will tweak over time.

deze
Fri, Apr-18-03, 14:10
BFL Day 33

reporting to Laurie.. yooo hooo?? ;)

Chest, Shoulders, Traps

45min bike ride to and from Y, with detour to drop off a video and ride home along the ocean.

Decline Barbell Bench Press
12,10,12 (just the bar.. dont know how much it weighs)
superset with Medium widegrip pulldown (75lbs)

Incline barbell bench press
12,10,12 (just the bar)
superset with close widegrip pulldowns (90lbs)

Flat dumbell bench press
12,10,12 (20lbs)
superset with bentover rows (17.5)

Non peak dumbell flyes
12,10,12 (10lbs)
superset with bent over dumbell pullovers (15)

Side Laterals
1 set of 12 (1olbs) hold for 30 seconds... ouch

Front raise
1 set of 12 (7.5lbs... weakling! ) hold 30 seconds... shakey!

Seated rear delt laterals
1 set of 12 ( 7.5) hard!

Hack Shrugs
15,20,25 (22.5) ... owie!

my calves were abit sore from yesterdays workout, but nothing else felt it.. today dont feel like I worked that hard.. will add weight to the barbells for next time around.. will also up the other weight.. was good, barbell work wasnt as bad as I thought. although I was still abit shy! :(

chemlady
Fri, Apr-18-03, 19:50
Jodi shy...not you girl.

It seems you know id be poken my head in to check out your workouts...good maybe motivation or something.

I am impressed..even i havent tackled the barbell yet..seen this one girl do it though doing lunges and it has to be next for me...really upset that these gyms go from 20 to25 to 30 pound dumb bells and nothing inbetween...I need like a 22 pound weight for alot of my arm work but 25 is a bit too much. I guess 2 reps with 25 will have to do for now. Wade is a maniac with his workout...like 12 or so sets for each body part especially his biceps which he works alot...he concentrates on upper body and has great definition as i recall course this weekend ill see the whole package and report all his attributes. I notice that working my lower half more than bfl tells you has really made a difference to me. Around beginning of march i decided to do 4 workouts on the weeks with only one lower body and i think thats why i got such good results....Now that im doing 3lower bodies and 2 upper bodies a week...at least for two weeks now..i noticed my pear is getting smaller and i wish i measured in all those spots that natrusha told me too instead of just my hips and thigh. I bought size 12 jeans in january and now size 6 and mostly 8 so I think all this work is paying off. I think we all need to customize the program to our individual needs. Course the program alone will eventually do the job but who can wait that long...i want to wear a bikini and summers coming. Too bad we cant spot reduce. Any hoo if you think the program isnt challenging your muscles add more sets or more exercises especially the ones that will target the areas that are of major concern for you. I wouldnt call it spot reducing but someone once told me that muscles can be compacted and when you lose fat ....first you lose the fat on the inside of the muscle which then compacts the muscle and then lastly you lose the outer layer of fat that covers the muscle.

Have a good workout next time.

Laur

deze
Mon, Apr-21-03, 11:20
April 21

Day 34 Sat Off
Day 35 Sun- 51 km bike ride

will report today's workout when I get back.

Yeah, Laur , I know what you mean.. I have been doing the ABC 13 week fatburner workouts this week and actually the barbell ended up feeling pretty good.. the dumbbell bench press felt weird after doing it with the barbell... I will need a spotter as I get heavier weights though.. makes sense about losing faster doing LB with the bigger muscle groups.. I was trying to double up lifting with cardio sessions.. I want real definition and muscle, not too much bulk, but dont want to waste all the muscle with too much cardio. I thrive on cardio... funny, I looked at the Eat Right for Your Blood type and I am O which says I neet red meat, cardio and very little to no dairy. This is definately me.. these are things I know work for me.

Anyway, thanks for checking in... much appreciate your insights, and admire your hard work and determination!! this is a nice quiet little hideaway for chat too.. for now anyway! ;)

j

deze
Mon, Apr-21-03, 16:10
Day 36

Biceps, Triceps, Forearms

30 min bike ride to and from the Y

Barbell curls
12.10,12 using bar only (too light.. use heavier bar next time)
static strip 30 sec

behind back dips
12,10,8,10 ouch!!

Incline bench curls
12,10,8,12 (17.5 lbs each set)

One arm dumbbell extension
12,10,8,12 (10lbs) ouch with one arm!

Incline dumbbell curls
12,10,8,10 (17,5 lbs)

Tricep cable press down
12,10,8,12 (75lbs)

Easy curl wrist curl (underhand)
12,10,8,12 (just the bar)

Ab crunches between each set

Easy curl wrist curl (overhand)
12.10,8,10 (just the bar)

40 min elliptical trainer Hills

workout was good, felt shakey arms afterwards.. gonna pump it up abit more... man I want size 8 by the end of this round!!
j

chica3
Tue, Apr-22-03, 15:26
Hi Deze,
It's Chica.
I have a few questions if you don't mind :confused:
I noticed that you do cardio twice a day???I thought you were only supposed to do 3 in a wk and for 20 min. solution?
What do you eat?
How does your menu look like before/after workouts/lift days?
Do you do the free day?

I'm still a bit confused as how to apply this LC to BFL...I've read that sticky in the forum.

WHen do you take the glutamine?
Please help...I need some direction and it looks like not a lot of people post on the BFL Forum.
Thanks,
Chica
Do you use the myoplex or eas drinks/bars?

deze
Tue, Apr-22-03, 18:40
BFL Day 37 April 22 2003

15 min warmup on bike

12, 10,12 (200lbs each)
static 180 for 30 seconds

12,10,12 (200 lbs) with static strip of 180 for 30 seconds

12,10,12 (200 lbs)
static 180 for 30 seconds

Squats
12,10,12 (using just the bar... will 10 extra lbs) will try even heavier next time

Calf Raise
20,15,10 (8 lbs) with static strip of 8lbs for 30 seconds

Laying Calf Raise
10, 10,10 (6lbs) ouch

Reverse Calf Raise
12,10,12 no weights

Ab crunches
10, 10,10 (12 crunches each time)

5km walk in evening.

deze
Tue, Apr-22-03, 18:41
Chica ... I am coming to your journal to reply!
j

deze
Wed, Apr-23-03, 11:14
BFL Day 38 April 23

5km fast walk.. didnt feel like running.. TOM time.

Ab crunches (40)

deze
Thu, Apr-24-03, 09:16
BFL 39

DAY OFF... prob go for a walk later, cant go all day without moving at all....

TOM time!

chica3
Thu, Apr-24-03, 14:39
Hey Girl,

Looks like you and I are in "sinc"...TOM for me too :mad:
Hopefully won't lead to cravings... :( Gotta be strong.

Anyway,
Question: Did my cardio in the a.m. on empty stomach...felt great!!! Ate appropriately...but now I'm at the office and ate weel and am CASHING :confused:
Besides being extremely sore (can't sit on the potty sore) I'm soooo sleepy now???

Any info??
I commend you on doing cardio on your day off girl :)
I may follow your lead and go rollerblading on sunday (day off)

Thanks,
Chica :wave:

Sunflwr1
Thu, Apr-24-03, 19:22
Hey Jodi! :wave:

Thanks so much for the visit to my gym log... I really needed some support and encouragement. I am having such a tough time with the LBWO, but I know it will get better.. I just have to hang in there and not give up.

Re: working out in the morning. I have my BFL set up to start on Saturdays... that way the only work day I have to lift is on Wed. All the other days I work out in the AM. Right now I don't think I can handle the weight lifting, fixing breakfast, and getting ready for work. I'm too wiped out. I keep waiting for those endorphins I keep hearing about to kick in... I'm wondering if I have any? LOL! Been trying to raise my carbs up to around 50 hoping that will give me some more energy. I love the 20MAS and really enjoy the UBWO... it's my damn lower half. I had no idea I was so weak.

Thanks again and stop by anytime... Please! :D

Sandylee
Thu, Apr-24-03, 19:34
Hey Jodi

Thanks for peeking into my gym log :)
Wow, I am impressed at everything you are doing. I am glad you are posting what exercises you are doing. It helps to compare.

I really think the reasons I am able to continue this working out, and by the way, this is the longest I have ever stuck with regular working out are:

1) I give myself a break when I don't feel like working out, I just do a little bit. Maybe 10 minutes of intense cardio.

2) Eating carbs again I have a lot more energy. Not a lot of carbs, 15 - 30g per meal. I love eating healthy like this.

3) I finally feel comfortable with the exercises and feel like I know what I am doing.

You GO girl!
Sandy

deze
Fri, Apr-25-03, 12:54
Day 40!!! April 25

Chest, Shoulders, Traps

30 min bike ride to and from Y

Decline Barbell Bench Press
12,10,12 (just the bar.. )
superset with
Medium widegrip pulldown
12,10,12 (75lbs)

Incline barbell bench press
12,10,12 (just the bar)
superset with
close widegrip pulldowns
12,10,12 (90lbs)

Flat dumbell bench press
12,10,12 (20lbs)
superset with

bentover rows
12,10,12 (22.5)

Non peak dumbell flyes
12,10,12 (10lbs)
superset with

bent over dumbell pullovers
12, just the bar

Side Laterals
12, 10,12 (10lbs)
Front raise
12,10,12 (10lbs)

Seated rear delt laterals
1 set of 12 ( 7.5) hard!

Hack Shrugs
15,20,25 (25)

45 min elliptical trainer on Kilimanjaro Hill Trainer Mode!

Feeling gooood!
j

Sandy, Sunflw, Chica.. thanks for the visit.. its usually so quiet in here!!! Yeah... we have sun today!!! :wave:

j

chemlady
Sat, Apr-26-03, 20:36
Damn thats alot of exercise in one shot....have you gained muscle working your workouts this way????Seems like a lot of actiivity all at once....just thinking and asking...knowledge is power.....im going with the idea of spreading the exercise out in various times of the day...

later

Lau

deze
Sat, Apr-26-03, 21:35
Day 41
10km powerwalk in the am

45 min run (about 8km) in the pm

burned 771 cal from activity today according to fitday.

yes!

deze
Sun, Apr-27-03, 14:43
Day 42

30 min bike to and from Y

12, 10,12 (220lbs each)

12,10,12 (220 lbs) with static strip of 180 for 30 seconds

12,10,12 (220 lbs)

Squats
12,10,12 (using just the bar and 7.5 lbs on each side... still dont know how much the bar weighs) was okay, needs to be heavier!!

Calf Raise
20,15,10 (10lbs) with static strip of 8lbs for 30 seconds

Reverse Calf Raise
12,10,12 no weights

Lying Calf Raise
12,10,12 (6lbs)

45 min elliptical machine on moderate... like fast walking !

feeling goooood! am determined!
j

chemlady
Sun, Apr-27-03, 15:06
Man i feel like a couch potatoe next to your workouts...did three hours of yard work today...and im plum tuckered out....still feel the hams from fridays workout or dance marathon...not sure which....go j go.......

lau

Kaillean
Tue, Apr-29-03, 19:09
Didn't even know you visited my gym log last week! So sorry. That tells you how long it's been since I needed to make an entry. :(

Oh well, am back on track as of today. You're doing great!

:wave:

deze
Mon, May-05-03, 18:14
May 5... um,not sure which bfl day since I just took almost a week off due to the big move!

45 min run this am. good start to the week.

deze
Fri, May-09-03, 11:12
Friday 9th

15 min ride to and from the Y

Biceps, Triceps, Forearms.

plan on a bike ride later
j

deze
Sun, May-11-03, 22:12
Sat 10
50 km bike ride

Sun 11
NOTHIN

deze
Mon, May-12-03, 17:31
Monday

LB in the am
7 km Run in the pm

deze
Tue, May-13-03, 12:33
Tuesday

15 min bike ride to and from Y
Chest, Shoulders, Traps in the am
7 km Run in the pm

chemlady
Wed, May-14-03, 07:34
J

stacker2 the non efedrine one..wade takes stacker3 with efedrine...i have a slow thyroid and take medication so i cant take 3. I know even with a slow thyroid i am crankin down to thinness...bought a faded jean mini last night...size 9 in the junior department..the seven fit in the waist but too tight in the hip and thigh..i hate being a friggin pear...this is going to change or else...with the stacker i am up until midnight and i never sit down..last night i cleaned cupboards in the kitchen and threw out alot of clutter....tonight i paint..didnt get home until 930 so i figured i didnt want to start and have to stop with out doing a complete coat...painting hall and kitchen.....i have a three bed ranch house and the hall is kinda connected to the kitchen. I figure i will be painting tonight,tommorrow and friday and then this weekend i need to do some yard work and get my bedroom ready for painting...plus i need a sexy nightie for the first night...i want to look unbelievable..is this possible...as i told one of the teachers at the daycare...i want the better body of the couple...and that takes work because hes body is.............deep sigh..wow..thats all i can say.

later
l

happy exercising..im lifting today at lunch and i had a zone bar so far today...19net carbs...im trying everything.

Akiwican
Wed, May-14-03, 12:09
With all the exercise you do do you think that maybe you dont eat enough calories? I saw in Donalds journal that you said you eat mostly fish and chicken. {both low fat/low cal} Have you tried putting your food and exercise into fitday and working out the deficit? If its too great everyday you are working against yourself. {starvation mode}

Just a thought... I know you are frustrated with your progress at the moment and you work at it so hard you deserve to be at goal! :thup:

:wave: Lesley

deze
Wed, May-14-03, 21:42
Wednesday
LB
tons of yard work

thats all sista!

deze
Thu, May-15-03, 11:39
Thursday May 15

15min return bike ride to Y
Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
25 min elliptical on cardio hillclimb mode

deze
Sat, May-17-03, 15:44
Friday 16- 7.5 km run

Saturday 17 - LB, 25 min cardio on elliptical machine, 15 min bike ride, run later in the day... if weather permits

deze
Tue, May-20-03, 17:52
Sunday- 3 hour kayaking
Monday- OFF

Tuesday- LB, UB, 25 min cardio

deze
Mon, May-26-03, 16:45
Wednesday- UB
Thursday- walk 3km, and lots of walking while shopping
Friday- 7.5 km run with Jack Russel terrier--carbload holy moly
Saturday- carbload- Dairy Queen at 1030pm, walking and shopping
Sunday- crepes, bito walking
Monday- UB, LB, cardio in the eve

deze
Tue, May-27-03, 11:29
Tuesday 27- UB
Run in the pm

Induction Day 2

deze
Fri, May-30-03, 13:57
Wed 28-LB and 20 min cardio
Thursday 29- 50 min brisk walk
Friday- UB, 25 min cardio

yeah.. the weekend!!!

deze
Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:59
Sat- gardening
Sun-gardening
Monday- work/garden

Tuesday 3rd... UB, LB, 25 min elliptical, 50 min walk in the am
60 min walk pm

deze
Fri, Jun-13-03, 09:14
WED- UB?LB
Thurs- 7.5 km run
Friday--not sure yet

deze
Tue, Jun-17-03, 17:10
SAturday 14- 7.5 km run
Sunday 15- 50 km bike
Monday 16 - 1 hour walk in am, LB, 38 min walk in pm
Tuesday 17 - 1 hour walk in am, UB, I think we do a 6 km run tonight

deze
Thu, Jul-10-03, 22:29
Today is BFL Day 3

Wednesday: 7km run Cardio Day
Thursday: 8km run, LB but didnt do it so do a double for Friday.

deze
Sat, Jul-12-03, 21:12
Friday, BFL Day 4
LB, UB and 30 min on cross trainer

Saturday Day 5... OFF

deze
Tue, Jul-15-03, 22:39
Day 5 Sunday- Off
Day 6 Monday- 10km Run
Day 7 Tuesday 9.3 km Run~ hill climbs

deze
Wed, Jul-16-03, 21:47
Day 8 Wednesday- UB in the am
7.5 km run in pm

deze
Thu, Jul-31-03, 09:52
oh I havent been regular in here..

from what I remember.. Day 15- UB all the rest running..

July 31- Day 22 Run- 7km in the am and 10 min elliptical and UB at lunch

deze
Mon, Aug-04-03, 14:06
Aug 01- Day off
Aug 02- 8km run
Aug 03- 26 km run
Aug 04- 1 hour walk

deze
Tue, Aug-05-03, 10:44
AUg 05- 20 min bike ride, UB
8km run with hill drills... ouch!!!

deze
Wed, Nov-26-03, 20:26
Alright.
time to dust the cobwebs off this ol Gym log and get back into business..

THE GOAL: 18% bf and 150lbs of firm body
will do this round for 6 weeks then change up the exercise routine.

Food stats kept at 40/35/25.

Started my new super duper routine on Monday:

Monday
Chest, Shoulders, Back in the am
Elliptical in the am

Tuesday
14km run in the am

Wednesday
Stairmaster in the am
Legs after work

Thursday
14km run

Friday
Cardio in the am
Biceps, Triceps, ABS in the am

deze
Fri, Nov-28-03, 08:33
Friday.. just did my cardio.. it was awesome... will do the weights tonight at about 730 or so.. will be more warmed up!
wooo hooo
let the rest of the day begin!
j

deze
Mon, Dec-01-03, 12:20
SAturday

Biceps, Triceps, Abs
30min elliptical ~ 85% target
2 hour walk

Sunday
Day off weights
1 hour walk

deze
Tue, Dec-30-03, 18:02
A WHOLE NEW START!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday- Day 1 December 30 2003
:hyper:
Shoulders/Back 60 minutes
Cardio- elliptical 25 minutes

Food Stats
Week 1- Tuesday December 30, 2004
Calories Eaten Today
source grams~ cals %total
Total: 2121~
Fat: 58~ 523~ 26%
Carbs: 257~ 887~ 43%
~~Fiber: 35~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 160~ 641~ 31%

Burned Total: 2826
Deficit 705

deze
Wed, Dec-31-03, 12:37
Wednesday Day 2, Dec 31 , 2003

45 minutes pilates
45 minutes elliptical cardio

deze
Thu, Jan-01-04, 21:40
Thursday, Day 3 Jan 1, 2004

1hour walk along Dallas road

deze
Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:11
Friday, Day 4, Jan 2, 2004

am
Leg Workout
25 min elliptical machine

pm
1 hour walk

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2075~
Fat: 59~ 532~ 27%
Carbs: 241~ 841~ 42%
~~Fiber: 30~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 156~ 626~ 31%
Burned Total: 2751
Deficit 676

deze
Sat, Jan-03-04, 22:18
Day 5 Saturday, Jan 3, 2004

Day off- went for a short walk instead

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1958~
Fat: 43~ 388~ 20%
~
Carbs: 291~ 1078~ 56%
~~Fiber: 22~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 115~ 461~ 24%

Burned Total: 2201
Deficit 216

deze
Sun, Jan-04-04, 21:07
Day 6 Sunday, Jan 4, 2004

Biceps, Triceps, Abs

did bi and tri at the Y,
Abs and pilates at home

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1860~
Fat: 55~ 493~ 27%
~~Sat: 15~ 132~ 7%
~~Poly: 7~ 65~ 4%
~~Mono: 18~ 165~ 9%
Carbs: 215~ 741~ 41%
~~Fiber: 29~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 146~ 584~ 32%

Burned Total: 2393
Deficit 533

deze
Mon, Jan-05-04, 18:58
Day 7, Monday Jan 5, 2004

45 min elliptical trainer

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1965~
Fat: 64~ 579~ 30%
~~Sat: 18~ 163~ 8%
~~Poly: 4~ 36~ 2%
~~Mono: 22~ 194~ 10%
Carbs: 215~ 771~ 40%
~~Fiber: 23~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 144~ 578~ 30%
Burned Total: 2583
Deficit 618

deze
Tue, Jan-06-04, 23:38
Day 8 Jan 6, 2004

35 minutes Back/Shoulders

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1807~
Fat: 50~ 448~ 25%
~~
Carbs: 237~ 852~ 48%
~~Fiber: 24~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 119~ 475~ 27%
Burned Total: 2345
Deficit 538

fern2340
Wed, Jan-07-04, 17:55
You're doing awesome Jodi!!!!
Keep it up!!!! :)

L

deze
Thu, Jan-08-04, 00:06
Day 9 Jan 6, 2004

45 min Freewheel Class

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2131~
Fat: 48~ 432~ 21%
~~Sat: 5~ 44~ 2%
~~Poly: 7~ 65~ 3%
~~Mono: 18~ 166~ 8%
Carbs: 272~ 968~ 48%
~~Fiber: 30~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 155~ 621~ 31%
Burned Total: 2562
Deficit 431

deze
Thu, Jan-08-04, 18:14
Day 10 Jan 8 whoops, miscalculated on dates above somewhere..

35 min Biceps/Triceps

20 minutes Pilates/Abs

45 minutes Run

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2403~
Fat: 50~ 454~ 20%
~~Sat: 5~ 45~ 2%
~~Poly: 15~ 133~ 6%
~~Mono: 10~ 93~ 4%
Carbs: 312~ 1070~ 47%
~~Fiber: 44~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 191~ 765~ 33%
Burned Total: 2774
Deficit 371

deze
Sat, Jan-10-04, 13:32
Day 11 jan 9

No exercise

didnt keep track of stats.. but had some wine, a martini and 3 pieces of pizza!!!

bad jodi bad!

deze
Sun, Jan-11-04, 23:12
Day 12 Jan 10
No exercise, no stats kept

Day 13 Jan 11

13km run

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2060~
Fat: 58~ 522~ 27%
~~Sat: 12~ 112~ 6%
~~Poly: 6~ 55~ 3%
~~Mono: 15~ 134~ 7%
Carbs: 259~ 902~ 46%
~~Fiber: 33~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 134~ 535~ 27%
Burned Total: 2775
Deficit 716

deze
Mon, Jan-12-04, 19:59
Day 14 Jan 12, 2004

13km run at 5:30

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2169~
Fat: 66~ 595~ 29%
Carbs: 258~ 858~ 41%
~~Fiber: 43~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 155~ 619~ 30%

Burned Total: 2787
Deficit 618

deze
Tue, Jan-13-04, 22:01
Day 15 January 13, 2004

Treadmill 15 minutes
Chest, Shoulders, Back

45min run....

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2312~
Fat: 66~ 598~ 27%
Carbs: 282~ 970~ 43%
~~Fiber: 40~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 169~ 678~ 30%

Burned Total: 2823
Deficit 511

deze
Thu, Jan-15-04, 00:36
Day 16.. Running Adventure

18km run with Jessica OMG!!!

Dinner and Cranium night.. hence the high stats..

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3394
Fat: 94 845 25%
Sat: 29 258 8%
Poly: 9 82 2%
Mono: 23 211 6%
Carbs: 458 1686 51%
Fiber: 36 0 0%
Protein: 178 710 21%

Calories burned 3103

deze
Sun, Jan-18-04, 13:53
Day 17 Off- thursday
Day 18 Off- Friday
Day 19- Run on treadmill 25 min SAturday

Day 20- 13km run Sunday

deze
Tue, Jan-20-04, 09:33
Day 21 Monday Jan 19- OFF

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1716~
Fat: 56~ 504~ 31%
~~Sat: 16~ 146~ 9%
~~Poly: 6~ 52~ 3%
~~Mono: 14~ 124~ 8%
Carbs: 163~ 572~ 35%
~~Fiber: 20~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 141~ 566~ 34%

Deficit 485

deze
Tue, Jan-20-04, 10:09
Day 22 Tuesday Jan 20-
50 min on treadmill

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1716~
Fat: 56~ 504~ 31%
~~Sat: 16~ 146~ 9%
~~Poly: 6~ 52~ 3%
~~Mono: 14~ 124~ 8%
Carbs: 163~ 572~ 35%
~~Fiber: 20~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 141~ 566~ 34%
Deficit 485

deze
Wed, Jan-21-04, 22:49
Day 23 Wednesday Jan 21

Chest/Back/Shoulders workout 50 min

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1912~
Fat: 50~ 449~ 24%
~~Sat: 6~ 58~ 3%
~~Poly: 10~ 87~ 5%
~~Mono: 18~ 162~ 9%
Carbs: 249~ 866~ 47%
Protein: 132~ 526~ 29%
Burned Total: 2347
Deficit 435

deze
Fri, Jan-23-04, 17:20
Day 24, Thursday, Jan 22
OFF

deze
Fri, Jan-23-04, 22:27
Day 25 Friday, Jan 23

54 min run (9km) slower run

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2025
Fat: 50 448 23%
Sat: 6 56 3%
Poly: 3 24 1%
Mono: 5 49 2%
Carbs: 279 997 50%
Fiber: 29 0 0%
Protein: 135 539 27%

deze
Sun, Jan-25-04, 21:18
Day 26 Saturday Jan 24,

Day off
didnt keep track of stats

deze
Sun, Jan-25-04, 21:19
Day 27 Sunday, jan 25

20 min run on treadmill
30 min Biceps, Triceps, Abs

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2039~
Fat: 69~ 625~ 32%
~~Sat: 11~ 99~ 5%
~~Poly: 13~ 116~ 6%
~~Mono: 19~ 169~ 9%
Carbs: 189~ 624~ 32%
Protein: 177~ 706~ 36%
Burned Total: 2489
Deficit 450

deze
Tue, Jan-27-04, 09:05
Day 28 Monday, Jan 26

20 min elliptical
35 min LB

am going to do cardio sessions first now, then weights and see how that goes...

deze
Tue, Jan-27-04, 09:05
Day 29 Tuesday Jan 27

13km run (am) with Jessica

deze
Thu, Jan-29-04, 22:58
Day 30 Wednesday Jan 28
Off, slacker!!! ;)

deze
Thu, Jan-29-04, 23:00
Day 31 Thursday Jan 29

10km tempo run

deze
Wed, Feb-04-04, 21:15
Day 32 Friday Jan 30
Off

Day 33 Sat Jan 31
4km ski

Day 34 Sun Feb 1
4 km ski

Day 35 Monday Feb 2
10km ski

Day 36 Tuesday Feb 3
Off

deze
Wed, Feb-04-04, 21:16
Day 37 Wednesday Feb 4
7.5 km run

chemlady
Thu, Feb-05-04, 07:49
all i can say is you must not know what cellulite is....your legs must be soo toned. havent been around much myself....busy with work and such....more focused than ever to get thinner and tighter though...

keep up the good work...cant wait to see your progress...

laurie

deze
Sun, Feb-08-04, 22:35
Day 38 Feb 5 Thurs
Off

Day 39 Feb 6
Off

Day 40 Feb 7 Sat
Off

yuck poooey... I hate being away from home and not able to get exercise.. eating out too much too.... grrrrrrrr

deze
Sun, Feb-08-04, 22:39
NEW counting system.....
there are officially 82 days left until the marathon on May 2 so I am going to begin today, counting down from 82.. this will keep me more in check with it and help to keep me on track.

SO.........

Day 82 Feb 8 Sunday

10km run around Elk Lake

deze
Mon, Feb-09-04, 22:23
Day 81 Monday Feb 9

Crap.. didnt exercise again today.. slept in, and then suddenly now its 8:29 pm.. too late to go to the Y ;(

am a sloth.. what can I say.. self flaggelation for me!!!!!

deze
Tue, Feb-10-04, 15:54
Day 80 Feb 10, 2004 Tuesday

13km Run

fern2340
Thu, Feb-12-04, 07:29
you a sloth...I dont think so!!! You need to take days off girl. You can do it! Go J Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deze
Fri, Feb-13-04, 10:13
Day 79 Feb 11 OFf
Day 78 Feb 12 8.2km Run HILLS

deze
Fri, Feb-13-04, 10:14
Day 77 Feb 13 2004

Run 13km
was goood!!! ;) Adrian came with us.

deze
Sun, Feb-15-04, 20:30
Day 76 Feb 14 Off

deze
Sun, Feb-15-04, 20:34
Day 75 Feb 15, 2004 Sunday

24 km long run
was good, a big loop around Oak Bay, and then home along the water.

burned 1250 cal alone on the run.

goals accomplised for this week:

Ran 58.2 km (36.14 miles)

deze
Mon, Feb-16-04, 13:37
Day 74 Feb 16, 2004
UB-- it was awesome!! my arms feel great!!

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2006~
Fat: 50~ 454~ 23%
~~Sat: 11~ 99~ 5%
~~Poly: 9~ 79~ 4%
~~Mono: 15~ 134~ 7%
Carbs: 279~ 1052~ 53%
~~Fiber: 16~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 123~ 493~ 25%
Burned Total: 2441
Deficit 435

deze
Tue, Feb-17-04, 09:32
Day 73 Feb 17, 2004 Tuesday

Run 13km

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2130~
Fat: 56~ 504~ 25%
~~Sat: 5~ 47~ 2%
~~Poly: 8~ 75~ 4%
~~Mono: 15~ 139~ 7%
Carbs: 278~ 967~ 47%
~~Fiber: 36~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 146~ 585~ 28%
Burned Total: 2832
Deficit 702

deze
Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:38
Day 72 Feb 18, 2004

oh my... 72 days left til the marathon.. this is keeping it in perspective real nice....
I love love love my new workout.. it feels really good and its the style that gets me pumped... my legs were burning today with the long lunges I was doing...

anyway here we go:

5:30 am- 10 min warmup run at 8mph on treadmill
- 50 min LB and ABs

6:00 pm-- 8km hill drills

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 2613~
Fat: 67~ 605~ 25%
~~Sat: 12~ 107~ 4%
~~Poly: 13~ 120~ 5%
~~Mono: 21~ 189~ 8%
Carbs: 328~ 1111~ 46%
~~Fiber: 50~ 0~ 0%
Protein: 180~ 718~ 30%
Burned Total: 2942
Deficit 329

A totally energized day!!

deze
Sun, Feb-22-04, 22:13
Day 71- Thursday Feb 19
N/a

Day 70 Friday Feb 20
n/a

Day 69 Saturday Feb 21
n/a

deze
Sun, Feb-22-04, 22:14
Day 68 Sunday February 22, 2004

26km run

deze
Tue, Feb-24-04, 12:45
Day 67 Monday February 23, 2004

OFF

deze
Tue, Feb-24-04, 12:46
Day 66 Feb 24, 2004

10 min fast run warmup on treadmill
50 min UB

was an awesome workout.. I pumped it and I loved the workout!!

wooo hoooo

deze
Thu, Feb-26-04, 14:18
Day 65, Wednesday, Feb 25, 2004

6:00pm-- 10km run with running group
I was abit low energyfor some reason.
was good though...

Day 64 Thursday, Feb 26, 2004

Off

deze
Fri, Feb-27-04, 11:53
Day 63, February 27 Friday

5:30 am-- 10km run (burned 550 calories)
woo hooo

deze
Sun, Feb-29-04, 09:30
Day 62, Feb 28, Saturday

7:30am-- 10 min fast run warmup
-- LB

deze
Sun, Feb-29-04, 13:56
Day 61 Feb 29 Sunday

8:30am- 20km run, burned 1100 calories!
was a good one!

deze
Tue, Mar-02-04, 09:12
Day 60 March 1 Monday
OFF

deze
Tue, Mar-02-04, 09:12
Day 59 March 2, Tuesday

5:30am- 13km run
-burned 638 calories
wooo hoooo

deze
Wed, Mar-03-04, 16:01
Day 58 Wednesday March 3, 2004

5:30am- 13km fast run.. was good.. Adrian came with us and picked up the pace.. the bugger ;)

deze
Sun, Mar-14-04, 17:29
Day 46, Sunday, March 14, 2004

29 km

had some time off while in San Fran... wont bother updating from the last entry....

deze
Wed, Mar-17-04, 16:00
Day 44 Tuesday March 16
13km run

Day 45 Monday
Off

deze
Wed, Mar-17-04, 16:00
Day 43 Wednesday March 17, 2004

13km fast run in the am
UB in the pm

deze
Fri, Mar-19-04, 13:22
Day 42 Thursday, March 18, 2004

10 min warmup run
UB

deze
Fri, Mar-19-04, 13:23
Day 41 Friday March 19, 2004

5:30 am- 13km run

deze
Sun, Mar-21-04, 20:33
Day 41 Saturday March 20, 2004

Day Off

deze
Sun, Mar-21-04, 20:34
Day 40 Sunday, March 21, 2004

34km Long run

deze
Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:26
Day 39 Monday March 22, 2004

Recovery Day.... OUCH baby ouch ;)

deze
Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:27
Day 38 Tuesday March 23, 2004

5:30 am 13 km run
felt like I had lead in my legs.. was lethargic today.. may be due to not enough sleep and still recovering from Sunday!!

deze
Wed, Mar-24-04, 09:26
Day 37 Wednesday March 24, 2004

5:30am 13km run
was pretty good.. Adrian ran with us.

deze
Thu, Mar-25-04, 17:14
Day 36 Thursday, March 25, 2004

5:30am-- 10 min run warmup, UB, Abs

6:30 pm-- 13 km run-- speed training drills

deze
Fri, Mar-26-04, 09:14
Day 35 Friday March 26, 2004

5:30am- 13km fast run

was excellent!

chemlady
Fri, Mar-26-04, 09:42
go jodi ...go jodi...go jodi...go jodi....

Someone is definitely pumped!

Keep it going girl!

Laurie

deze
Mon, Mar-29-04, 15:00
Day 34 Saturday March 27
Off

Day 33 Sunday March 28
23 km run

deze
Mon, Mar-29-04, 15:00
Day 32 Monday March 29, 2004

Recovery Day -- also feeling abit of a sore throat and tired... oh no!!

deze
Tue, Mar-30-04, 12:01
Day 31 Tuesday March 30, 2004

DAy off- sick

deze
Wed, Mar-31-04, 18:57
Day 30 Wednesday March 31, 2004

Day off.. recovering still have slight sore throat.

deze
Thu, Apr-01-04, 11:40
Day 29 April 1, 2004

Run tonight? details to come...

deze
Sun, Apr-04-04, 21:16
Day 28 April 2, 2004
Friday

Off- very sick

deze
Sun, Apr-04-04, 21:17
Day 27 April 3, 2004

Off- getting better, but still plugged up! (nose, that is...)

deze
Sun, Apr-04-04, 21:17
Day 26, April 4, 2004

Sunday
Off- better, much better, missed the Sunday long run which is a total drag, but am much more cleared up!

deze
Mon, Apr-05-04, 14:42
Day 25 April 5, 2004

Day off still recovering

chemlady
Tue, Apr-06-04, 07:06
Hey j hope you feel better soon....i thought i was okay and today i woke up with a sore throat and an ear ache....yuk...calling the doctor for some antibiotics....

take care

Laurie

deze
Tue, Apr-06-04, 12:51
Day 24 April 6, 2004

No exercise.. didnt run this am.. wanted to make sure I am all better.

;(

deze
Thu, Apr-08-04, 19:40
Day 23 April 7, Wednesday

Run 13km

deze
Thu, Apr-08-04, 19:40
Day 22 April 8

Run 7km

deze
Sat, Apr-10-04, 22:00
Day 21 April 9 Friday

13km run with Adrian and Jessica-- was awesome!

deze
Sat, Apr-10-04, 22:01
Day 20 April 10 Saturday

Day off

deze
Tue, Apr-27-04, 09:31
DAy 19- April 11-
34km
Day 18- April 12-recovery day
Day 17 April 13- OFF
Day 16 April 14 10km
Day 15 April 15- 13km
Day 14 April 16- San Francisco
Day 13- April 17- San Francisco
Day 12- April 18 San Francisco
Day 11- April 19-San Francisco
Day 10- April 20- 7km
Day 9- April 21- 5km
Day 8 April 22- 5km
Day 7 April 23 OFF
Day 6 April 24 OFF
Day 5 April 25 10km long run
Day 4 Aprl 26- OFF
Day 3 April 27- 5km
Day 2 April 28 OFF
Day 1- April 29 5km
whoops, fudged on the days somehow...

April 30- OFF
May 1- fast walk
May 2- Marathon Day.

deze
Tue, May-04-04, 10:39
May 2- Addidas International Marathon

Time: 4:19:07

deze
Thu, May-13-04, 20:34
May 3- 5 off
May 6- easy 7km run

May 8 easy 7km hungover run... lol

May 10 easy pace run of about 5km.

Beginning May 17.. BACK IN ACTION full force!!!

deze
Wed, May-19-04, 08:24
Monday May 17- 30km bike ride
Tuesday- off
Wednesday May 19- 7km run

deze
Thu, May-20-04, 10:09
Thursday May 20

30km bike ride (to work and back)

was awesome... I love it!!!

deze
Fri, May-21-04, 17:05
Friday May 21

8km Run in the am

was gooooood!

deze
Sun, May-23-04, 12:20
Saturday OFF

Sunday May 23- 16km run.. was good burned 840 calories.

deze
Tue, May-25-04, 09:44
Monday May 24- walk 5km in parade

Tuesday May 25- 10km fast run with Jessica

deze
Wed, May-26-04, 17:29
Wednesday May 26- 10km loop around WestBay

deze
Thu, May-27-04, 14:55
Thursday May 27- NON NON NON.. no exerciso!!

deze
Fri, May-28-04, 08:54
Friday May 28
10km fast!

deze
Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:48
Saturday- Off
Sunday- Off
Monday- Off
June 1 Tuesday- 10km

deze
Tue, Jun-15-04, 17:03
Oh I am behind in here....

June 2-10km
June 3-10km
June 4-10km

???

now am at June 15-- 10km

deze
Mon, Jun-21-04, 13:41
Cant keep up with all the stuff..

but on Sunday June 20-- 18km
woo hooo

fern2340
Mon, Jun-28-04, 19:36
Alright girl...have you decided what you are going to be doing starting July 1st? I started today and am very excited for us to push each other!!! :)

deze
Fri, Jul-02-04, 08:17
June 27- 13km
June 28- Off
June 29- UB Weights
June 30- 8.5km Hardcore hill training
July 1- 10km
July 2- 10km

chemlady
Fri, Jul-02-04, 09:19
How did it feel to do weights after so long away...
Hows everything going with you....good i hope...ive been pretty much out of touch lately...feeling down about my life...put on some weight and hate it...so the last four days i have gotten serious with my diet...went to the gym wednesday for cardio and doing light weights high reps to keep the muscle i have and improve the definition....

Hopeing that by the end of the month to be back around the 150's again....still up ten pounds and i think its all in my waist....i think i will real concentrate on the diet..caloriesin/out thing and see what happens for a month and maybe do a modified bfl with 3..30min of cardio and light weights high reps three times a week as well...need to go back to my spread sheets and see what worked best for me a year ago....i do know im alot more toned that a year ago but theres still more toning that can be done...ah the never ending journey..of course we do raise the bar everytime we get close to a goal....also going thru the old oxygen mags for ideas to shake it all up....

take care jod
xoxo

laurie

deze
Wed, Jul-07-04, 15:02
NEW ROUTINE for the October Marathon Training...

MondaysUB which looks like this:
incline flies
ball pushups
cable upright row with rope
shoulder machine
seated cable row with rope
1 arm row
cable press with rope
kneeball pushups
robe cable bicep curl (like hammer)
21's (7 bicep curls fully extended to 90degrees, 7 regular, 7 all the way up)

Tuesday- run

Wednesday- LB/abs in am and run in the pm
LB/abs looks like this:
leg extension
long lunges
leg curl
long lunges
standing calf raise
long lunges
ABS with the ball:
around the world plank
supine twist on the ball
4pt. crunch on the ball
jacknife on the ball
superman upper body on the ball

Thursday- Run in the am

Friday- UB/ run

Saturday- Run

Sunday- Long run

try to keep 25-30g protein each meal, 5-6 meals per day, 500 calorie deficit

lots of water
vitamins

I will do this for the next 6 weeks then change the schedule.

goal-- 3:59 marathon time in Portland Oregon Oct 2

chemlady
Thu, Jul-08-04, 07:08
I like the workout...looks intense....i did upper body on teusday and im still sore...what a workout two exercises per body part and 2 sets of 12 reps...doesnt sound like much but at medium to heavy intensity it was. i have started walk/running at night after supper at the park. i did one mile on teus and two miles last night..working my way up...then i went home and cut the front and back grass which in itself is a workout with a push mower...i also did 40 minutes of cardio at the gym at lunch time....today im going to take it easy....billy didnt feel too good this morning and im expecting the camp to call me to pick him up...i was going to swim at the ymca tonight but if not ill do the bike at home. i also started to lift first and then do cardio at the gym...so after i lifted on teusday i did 35minutes of cardio...read somewhere that you burn more calories and a greater percentage from fat if you lift first and then do cardio so ill give it a try...weight is all over the place and no where i like...im not going to stress about it because my diet could be better..i have good days and bad days....i measured this morning and everything looked good except of course the hips and waist...gonna look into tkd or nhe..etc...

george is a handful...but the more i act like i dont care/bitch he does what ever i want...hes very jealous...not an emotion i particularly like...he calls like six or so times a day...sometimes there is just no breathing room....since i told him im looking for someone new he wants me all the more...i guess i could keep him around until my birthday..am i bad or what....plus he does have talent...

have a great thursday

xo

laurie

fern2340
Thu, Jul-08-04, 09:27
Hey Jodes!
Like your exercise routine. One question...where's your day off?? Hmmmm???? lol I think you should have a totally Jodi-day with nothing scheduled so you don't burn out. Make Saturday, you day! :)

deze
Tue, Jul-27-04, 09:40
Wednesday July 21- run 8km
Thursday July 21- Off
Friday July 23- UB/20 min cardio
Saturday July 24- Off

Sunday July 25- run 23k
Monday July 26- Off
Tuesday July 27- run 11km/ UB in the afternoon

deze
Wed, Jul-28-04, 14:05
Wednesday July 28

12km run with Lan, Dave, Adrian

deze
Fri, Jul-30-04, 08:20
Thursday July 29--OFF

deze
Fri, Jul-30-04, 08:20
Friday July 30-- 10km slow run with Lan and Dave

deze
Mon, Aug-02-04, 20:31
Saturday July 31- long walk

deze
Mon, Aug-02-04, 20:32
AUGUST KICK BUTT MONTH

I am committed to losing at least 2 inches off my waist, and working out hardcore this month.

Sunday, August 2- 29km run

MEASUREMENTS-
Belly button- 30
Chest- 38
Hips- 40
Thigh- 22.5

Weight- 163
Height- 5'10

deze
Wed, Aug-04-04, 08:53
Aug 3- UB and 20 min cardio elliptic

deze
Wed, Aug-04-04, 08:54
Aug 4- 9.5km run

deze
Wed, Aug-04-04, 10:33
Stats for Aug. 3

Burned 2489

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2027
Fat: 96 867 45%
Sat: 17 149 8%
Poly: 27 245 13%
Mono: 35 311 16%
Carbs: 169 550 29%
Fiber: 31 0 0%
Protein: 124 498 26%

deze
Thu, Aug-05-04, 10:42
Aug 4:

Ran 9.5km

Burned 2652 cal

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2013
Fat: 64 574 30%
Sat: 8 75 4%
Poly: 13 114 6%
Mono: 9 78 4%
Carbs: 230 802 42%
Protein: 136 544 28%

Didnt eat enough protein.

deze
Fri, Aug-06-04, 09:12
Aug 5- Off

deze
Fri, Aug-06-04, 09:13
Aug 6

8km easy pace in the morning with Lan and Dave
---------------

UB and abs
10 min hardcore cardio on elliptic

deze
Tue, Aug-10-04, 14:50
Aug 7 -
6km walk around a lake in Nanaimo

deze
Tue, Aug-10-04, 14:51
Aug 8 Off
swimming in Nanaimo River.. ahhhhh

deze
Tue, Aug-10-04, 14:52
Aug 9 Monday

OFF

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1797
Fat: 58 525 30%
Sat: 14 123 7%
Poly: 7 62 4%
Mono: 17 149 9%
Carbs: 151 549 32%
Fiber: 13 0 0%
Protein: 164 658 38%

deze
Tue, Aug-10-04, 20:28
Aug 10 Tuesday

11.5 km run

Burned 617 cal with my run

Food stats:
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1941
Fat: 72 647 34%
Sat: 13 120 6%
Poly: 21 186 10%
Mono: 16 146 8%
Carbs: 181 598 32%
Protein: 159 636 34%

deze
Thu, Aug-12-04, 13:04
Aug 11 Wednesday

worked late. no workout.
didnt keep track of stats but it was a lc kinda day.

deze
Thu, Aug-12-04, 13:05
Aug 12- Thursday

UB, bikeride..... maybe a run later this afternoon.

talked to a friend who is a personal trainer, he said to increase the reps and lower the weight. He's hot.

I am back down to the reg. weight.
j

deze
Fri, Aug-13-04, 08:10
Aug 13- Friday

8km run (40minutes)

feel goooood!!

deze
Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:08
Aug 14, 15,16, 17 OFF
swimming, walking etc.

deze
Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:09
Aug 18
10km run to Queens Bay

deze
Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:09
Aug 19
8km run to Golf Course, and along beach-- took Ruby, the Jack Russell terrier

deze
Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:11
Aug 20
drive home 10 hours

deze
Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:12
Aug 21
visit to IKEA

deze
Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:12
Aug 22 Sunday

run 30 km long run

deze
Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:13
Aug 23- Monday

7.5km easy recovery run at 7am. had to work the stiffness out of my poor legs from yesterday.. ouch!

deze
Tue, Aug-24-04, 20:43
Aug 24
13km run in the rain....

deze
Fri, Aug-27-04, 10:48
Aug 25 Wednesday
NO run
Yoga (20 minutes)

deze
Fri, Aug-27-04, 10:49
Aug 26 Thursday

OFF

deze
Fri, Aug-27-04, 10:51
Aug 27- Friday

Yoga 20 minutes

run in the pm.. thats the plan anyway... ;)

deze
Wed, Sep-01-04, 11:44
Aug 28
off

deze
Wed, Sep-01-04, 11:45
Aug 29, Sunday

36 km run (22.36 miles)

deze
Wed, Sep-01-04, 11:46
Aug 30, Monday

recovery day

deze
Wed, Sep-01-04, 11:48
Aug 31

fast 10km run around Elk Lake

deze
Wed, Sep-01-04, 20:43
September 1, 2004

easy 8km run.

deze
Wed, Sep-08-04, 15:56
Setp 2- 10 km speed drills- hard!!! :help:

deze
Wed, Sep-08-04, 15:57
Sept 3 OFF :thup:

deze
Wed, Sep-08-04, 15:57
SEpt 4- OFF :thup:

deze
Wed, Sep-08-04, 15:58
Sept 5- 23 km... easy flat run along the galloping goose

Week overall-- 51 km

deze
Wed, Sep-08-04, 15:59
Sept 6- recovery day OFF :thup:

deze
Wed, Sep-08-04, 15:59
sept 7- 10 km Elk Lake run... not bad :)

deze
Wed, Sep-08-04, 16:00
Oh yeah..

forgot to add that I have been doing yoga everyday as well, usually about 20 minutes each morning so far...

deze
Mon, Sep-13-04, 10:03
Sept 12- Sunday

30 km- out to cattle point and back along the water with Lan and Russ

deze
Wed, Sep-15-04, 09:52
Sept 13- REcovery Day

deze
Wed, Sep-15-04, 11:29
Sept 14- Tuesday

11.5 km run with Adrian and Lan

deze
Thu, Sep-16-04, 17:58
Sept 15 Wed.

8.5 km morning run with Adrian

deze
Mon, Sep-20-04, 12:30
Sept. 16 Thurs
Off

deze
Mon, Sep-20-04, 12:31
Sept 17, Friday

8.5 km with Adrian

deze
Mon, Sep-20-04, 12:32
Sept. 18 Saturday

Off
Triathalon potluck party

deze
Mon, Sep-20-04, 12:34
Sept. 19 Sunday

36km... last long run before POrtland Marathon.
was a great run, felt easy, I was strong, felt good afterwards.. good recovery.

deze
Mon, Sep-20-04, 12:34
Sept 20 Monday

RECOVERY DAY

deze
Wed, Sep-22-04, 09:59
Sept 21
didnt run- was feeling like a slacker!!

deze
Wed, Sep-22-04, 10:00
Sept 22

8.5 km alone down Dallas Road.

deze
Fri, Sep-24-04, 15:38
Sept 23 Wednesday
9 km slow run with Lan -- left from the running room, down Moss street along Dallas and around Fishermans wharf.

was awesome, I felt really strong.

deze
Fri, Sep-24-04, 15:39
Sept 24 Friday

8.5 km .. with Lan.. was a good one.

deze
Mon, Sep-27-04, 14:27
Sept 26 Sunday

15 km run.... runners potluck brunch... YUM!

deze
Wed, Sep-29-04, 15:39
Sept 28 Tuesday

Bootcamp class

7km easy run with Adrian and Lan

deze
Mon, Oct-04-04, 10:55
Sept 30 Thursday

5km light run with Adrian

Leave for Oregon Coast via Port Angeles ferry

deze
Mon, Oct-04-04, 10:56
October 3- Portland Marathon

26.2 miles (42.5 km)

4:10:50

deze
Tue, Oct-05-04, 14:21
October 4- Monday
Recovery Day :agree:

deze
Tue, Oct-05-04, 14:22
October 5- Tuesday

Teach Bootcamp class (60 min) :cool:

deze
Tue, Oct-05-04, 14:41
Work out Program Phase I (8 weeks- OCT 11- DEC 3)

Mondays
Shoulders

Superset 1- external rotation bottom to top/internal rotation top to bottom

Superset 2- external rotation top to bottom/internal rotation bottom to top

Superset 3- cable lateral raise/cable lateral pulldown

Superset 4- labrada rear deltoid/lying dumbbell internal rotation

Tuesday
Arms and Abs

Superset 1- twisting dumbbell curl/twisting dumbell kickback

Superset 2- preacher dumbell curl/cable concentration triceps

Superset 3- overhead rope curl/overhead rope tricep

Superset 4- swiss ball crunch/hanging knee kick

Teach bootcamp

Thursday
Chest and Back

Superset 1- diagonal pulldown/incline dumbbell press

Superset 2- jockey row/high cable crossover

Superset 3- bent arm pullover/kneeling dumbbell row

Superset 4- flat dumbbell press/seated row to neck

Friday
Legs

Superset 1- cable adduction/rotation/ cable adbuction/rotation

Superset 2- forward lunges/backward lunges

Superset 3- plie lunges/diagonal lunges

Superset 4- back extension curl-up/reverse back extension

Each superset is repeated 3 times using 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps-- this makes up one Supercycle.

total workout= 4 supercycles

I will add running on alternate days. The goal is to keep up a running distance of 20km. As well, I teach the bootcamp class on Tuesdays.

the plan is to buy some fat calipers also.. will post measurements as soon as I buy those.

cheers,
j

cartmanis
Tue, Oct-05-04, 15:54
Sounds exhausting :) LOL.

I'll be interested in seeing your results. Sounds like some good work for muscle endurance/strengthening, I'll be interested in seeing your stength and muscle gains with it.

Ooh, don't forget some good before pics along with your measurements when you start.

deze
Tue, Oct-19-04, 16:23
Tuesday- October 19, 2004

1 hour teaching Bootcamp

Arms and Abs

deze
Wed, Oct-20-04, 09:47
Wednesday October 20

this workout is supposed to be on Thursday, wiht Wednesday off, but I missed Monday so decided to do this one, plus I am running this week too.

Chest and Back

Superset 1- diagonal pulldown/incline dumbbell press

Superset 2- jockey row/high cable crossover

Superset 3- bent arm pullover/kneeling dumbbell row

so basically I do a set of 12 of opposing muscle group exercises, then a set of 10 of each, then a set of 8 of each. That makes up a superset.

It was a great workout. I loved it!!
j
Superset 4- flat dumbbell press/seated row to neck

deze
Wed, Nov-03-04, 13:23
NOVEMBER PLAN OF ATTACK!

I missed yesterdays workout so did it today instead...

heres the goods:

Arms and Abs

It was an awesome workout.. and what I took for supplements include:

B-Complex
Vitamin C
Calcium/Magnesium
Flax Oil
Fish Oil
:thup:

deze
Thu, Nov-18-04, 15:02
This week so Far: :wave:

Mondays
Brisk Walk

Tuesday
Bootcamp

Wednesday
Shoulders

Superset 1- external rotation bottom to top/internal rotation top to bottom

Superset 2- external rotation top to bottom/internal rotation bottom to top

Superset 3- cable lateral raise/cable lateral pulldown

Superset 4- labrada rear deltoid/lying dumbbell internal rotation

Thursday
Arms and Abs

THURSDAY STATS:
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1930
Fat: 49 439 24%
Sat: 16 147 8%
Poly: 4 40 2%
Mono: 17 149 8%
Carbs: 247 863 48%
Protein: 127 510 28%

I will finish off on Friday and Saturday for this week. and a run on Sunday.

I have begun Week I and am committed to completing the full 8 weeks

Calories to eat today: 1904 with a 500 calorie deficit from the workout.

deze
Mon, Nov-22-04, 18:51
Friday Nov 19
Chest and Back

Sunday Nov 21
16km Run

deze
Mon, Nov-22-04, 18:52
Monday, Nov 22

WEEK II
Shoulders

was good. I am getting strong!!

deze
Tue, Nov-23-04, 18:37
Tuesday Nov 23

Bootcamp 8:55-10:00 am

deze
Thu, Nov-25-04, 13:27
Week II

Nov 24, 2004

Arms and Abs

And then ran 7km in the pouring rain at 6pm. :wave:

deze
Fri, Nov-26-04, 11:14
Nov. 25 Thursday

I did legs today...

Legs

Superset 1- cable adduction/rotation/ cable adbuction/rotation

Superset 2- forward lunges/backward lunges

Superset 3- plie lunges/diagonal lunges

Superset 4- back extension curl-up/reverse back extension

was good!!!

deze
Tue, Nov-30-04, 19:47
Nov. 26 Friday

Did Arms

deze
Tue, Nov-30-04, 19:47
Nov. 28
Shoulders :agree:

deze
Tue, Nov-30-04, 19:48
Nov 29 Tuesday

Bootcamp.. went hardcore!!

deze
Tue, Jan-04-05, 20:48
Jan 3

Day 1 eating plan, was good, had lots of energy, didtn track all stats

Jan 4- Day 2
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2074
Fat: 97 877 44%
Sat: 30 267 14%
Poly: 18 164 8%
Mono: 41 369 19%
Carbs: 139 439 22%
Protein: 166 664 34%

deze
Tue, Jan-04-05, 20:50
Training for January

Monday- Off
Tuesday- Swim and teach Bootcamp
Wednesday- weights (am) Run (pm)
Thursday- Swim (am) Yoga (pm)
Friday- Freewheel class
Saturday- Run
Sunday- Swim and Cycle back to back

deze
Thu, Jan-06-05, 21:48
Jan 6

Didnt keep track using fitday yesterday but it was about the same average between the 4th and today.

No exercise either, I am really tired due to TOM.

We all work from home tommorow since there is an expected snow storm.. hah.. for those who dont know how to drive in the snow anywyay.. and whats a centimetre or 2?

so I can come and visit tommrowo...

heres the stats today:
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1745
Fat: 88 795 47%
Sat: 21 185 11%
Poly: 24 217 13%
Mono: 36 325 19%
Carbs: 157 494 29%
Fiber: 34 0 0%
Protein: 98 394 23%