PDA

View Full Version : Nervous start

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stella24
Tue, Apr-08-03, 19:17
Hey all, I just started Atkins two days ago and I'm really nervous about eating all these fatty foods. I'm so scared it won't work and I'll end up putting on weight when all I want to do is take some off. Did you guys feel this way too? How long does it take to start seeing results?

2bfree
Tue, Apr-08-03, 21:49
Hello and welcome to the forum :daizy:

I know how you feel, I was apprehensive myself when I first began this woe. No matter how much I heard that fat doesn't make you fat, a part of me thatwas conditioned to believe otherwise still couldn't believe that eating 80 grams of fat + a daywould actually get rid of the weight.

However, after the first few weeks, I noticed a difference. My mood changed, I was waking up earlier than i ever had IN MY WHOLE LIFE(this was and still is a huge deal for me), and I started losing weight. So far, 65 pounds. The fat loss is great in itself, but sooo much more comes from adopting this wol.

Read through some of the success stories posted on this forum and change that mind set, girl. FAT IS GOOD. I still get a kick out of telling people I eat 80-100 grams of fat a day ;)

Grace

turrabuhl
Wed, Apr-09-03, 14:35
I'm also new to this! I just started on March 26th. It was kinda scary starting to eat all those fatty things.. but I also feel so much better now and it's only 2 1/2 weeks later. :D I feel much better, mentally and physically. I love what I'm eating! More than anything, I love the self-control I seem to possess that I never realized I had. I hope you start to feel a bit more eased. You can e-mail or IM me anytime you'd like!

Tara

Megs
Wed, May-07-03, 02:29
Hey 2bFree...how long did it take you to lose the weight? Im so anxious to see some results! Thanks :wave:

moonmist
Thu, May-15-03, 21:26
I know how you feel... when I first started I thought, "no way this is gonna work!" I was eating low fat before I started, working my ass off exercising, and only losing about a pound a week. But trust me, it works and you have nothing to worry about as long as you don't eat a lot of carbs along with it.

HeidiN
Fri, May-16-03, 15:52
I was never worried about the fat but there were point where I though that I was gonna get fat from eating all that fat... then I remembered what diet I was on. :o :thup: