PDA

View Full Version : I'm So happy "Somersizers"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dollbabe
Tue, Apr-08-03, 07:31
I've been coming here for a couple of weeks now. So glad there are somersizers. I started somersizing almost 2 years ago. But I need to control portions so I do Atkins mostly. It is basically the same plan (not induction) I just can't eat the wheat products in somersizing. I bought th pressure cooker and love it - but the instructions left a lot to be desired(still haven't figured out the extra pans). Her recipes are simply the best out there. My favorite book is the second - Get Skinny I believe is the name. Anyway, I still consider myself a Somersizer, just doing the Pro/fats w/ veggies mostly. By the way I believe Suzanne will be on HSN this weekend.

Bye for now!

KellyG5
Tue, Apr-08-03, 07:43
HI ...always great to hear from another somersizer around here. I follow her plan plus atkins. kind of like a mix of the two.

I will have a carb breakfast (usually oatmeal) and then follow atkins the rest of the day.

I haven't been losing too much lately, but I think that is because I am close to goal.

I did lose over 55+ pounds a couple years ago following LC. And recently I put on 5-10 pounds so I am back to the grind of LCing.

Dollbabe
Tue, Apr-08-03, 18:06
Wow, your pictures are fabulous! 55 lbs is just wonderful. I feel so much better eating low-carb. I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis, and since I began eating this way I don't have as much pain. I've also have stopped all meds. I do however take coral calcium, B-complex, C and E. I've just recently included unsweetened soy milk and yogurt back into my eating plan. Do you use fitday? I find it quite useful. It was great hearing from you.

Bye for now!

KellyG5
Wed, Apr-09-03, 05:03
Hi dollbabe,
I lost my weight a few yers ago, and I am maintiaining right now. I did put about 10 pounds on since losign all my weight, so I would like to get rid of those extra 10.

It is amazing how great I feel when I am LCing. Makes you wonder why we eat all those refined carbs to begin with.

I use fitdya a few times a week. I usually don't have time everyday to fill in the numbers. But it is a great tool to see what you are eating and how many carbs/protien/fat etc you really are eating.