PDA

View Full Version : question??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bound2him
Mon, Apr-07-03, 07:58
I am a newbie. I just started the low carb diet... leaning on the atkin's. I have not read the book but I have read protein power and carbohydrate addict book about a year ago. I have also been reading like crazy on the sites. I like the Atkins site and this site.

Any how.... here is the question?

How many carbs are in coffee? I always drink black decaf.

Also about the journal... is this still available on this site? I read a post from 2002 about how to start a journal and cannot find what they are talking about.

Thanks
Lori :wave:

bevbme
Mon, Apr-07-03, 08:59
If you want to start a journal look at the forum jump box at bottom of the screen.

Scroll down to the Journal forum and the section with initial of your screen name.

Then just jump in with a post and you will be on your way. Keep going back to the same thread you start and reply to put in the next days info.

Teaselus
Mon, Apr-07-03, 09:07
Hi, bound2him!

My suggestion would be you start entering the foods you eat/drink on FidDay (www.fitday.com). I'm addicted to it - I enter EVERYTHING.

To answer your question, I have about 20 oz. of instant decaf every morning, and that's 2 carbs. I, however, don't use sweetners of any kind, nor do I use cream - you'll have to add those on if you do.

Iowagirl
Mon, Apr-07-03, 09:32
And read the Atkins book! It is best to read several, pick the one that is best for you. Good luck!

yvonne326
Mon, Apr-07-03, 10:03
I drink 2 cups (8oz each) coffee a day and FITDAY gives that 3 carbs. So if you drink lots of coffee you are "drinking away your carbs". You should try to find a Low Carb plan and stick with it....just doing it "ala carte" may not bring the results you want.

bound2him
Mon, Apr-07-03, 11:15
Thanks for your help. I found the journal section. Duh... if I would have just scrolled down.

Yes I drink about 2-3 cups a day. I always drink it black decaf so I am looking at about 4 carbs.

Yes I am going to do the Atkins diet. I have not read the book but I have an understanding of what to do. I am going to get the book soon.

I have another question of course. In the Atkins do they suggest eating several meals a deal to keep your protein level up?

Since I have started low carbs I am very content. I will eat three eggs with 1oz of cheese, broccoli in the morning and then I am not even hungry until supper.
Maybe I should eat only one egg. Anyone have a suggestion? I also know that your not suppose to wait until your hungry but I feel full.

It is amazing I have no desire for sweets or breads and feel very content. Today I have had no coffee. I always drink lots of water.

Blessings
Lori :wave:

RCFletcher
Mon, Apr-07-03, 12:01
Eat as many eggs as you like - they are a very good food.
Robert

mooomac
Tue, Apr-08-03, 10:06
Just joined FitDay.com. Wow what a great site!

Just by entering my Breakfast and lunch, I've realize that I'm probably falling into carb creeping.... UGH! :mad:

So now I will be able to keep better track of my carbs. :D

I'm new here and I'm loving the site, I'm finding it really helpful. :yay:

Thanks to you all!