PDA

View Full Version : BIKINI season ... who needs a buddy?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pages : [1] 2

Loving It
Sat, Apr-05-03, 13:09
Hey Guys,
I was just thinking that bikini season is on the way. Maybe somebody wants to join me in a little challenge - we'd check in everyday (ish) and say how we are doing until we reach our goals. Just to keep eachother on track and really get where we wnat to be!
Anybody In??

:sunny:

sarabeth
Sat, Apr-05-03, 15:20
that sounds great to me...as long as I can get at least close to my goal I'll be happy...I need some support!

Say Hi 2 M
Sun, Apr-06-03, 09:27
Hey, yeh i would tottaly like that, i just started 2 1/2 weks ago and i want to be at my goal weight by the summer.... hehe.. ;)

sarabeth
Sun, Apr-06-03, 16:43
I started a little while ago but I would LOVE to have someone just kinda check in on me every now and again

Say Hi 2 M
Sun, Apr-06-03, 19:06
lets check up on each other? ;) how old are you?

Karrahs
Mon, Apr-07-03, 00:58
Hey Can I be in on this too? I told myself last month that I was going to fit into a bathing suit this summer and get a tan for the first time in my life, and I want a buddy too!!
I am 15.

Karrahs
Mon, Apr-07-03, 00:59
I just noticed that your sig quoted Stacie Orrico! You go girl! She is like the best artist ever! (I know that's off topic, but oh well)

sarabeth
Mon, Apr-07-03, 05:18
I'm a young'un. I'm only 18, but hey it's alright....yeah I love Stacie Orrico!!Sh'es one of my many faves.....So how is everyone doing on weightloss?

Loving It
Mon, Apr-07-03, 09:28
Okay then! It's official - we are in this together! I am 22 yrs old and want to lose about 12 lbs. Let's get rollin' for SUMMER!!
Woohoo! :roll:

Say Hi 2 M
Mon, Apr-07-03, 11:44
Ok girls so lets start losing and getting in shape and turn heads at the beach..... YEhhhh.. by the way I am 18 ;)

Merrymash
Tue, Apr-08-03, 18:22
Hi I'm just starting induction today!!! Even though we just got snow, which is really crappy since its already april, time is going to fly by and it'll be bathing suit time!!! I'm very determined and really plan to do this, even though i've promissed myself before and always ended up cheating...
By the way I'm 19 yrs old and a college freshman. My biggest problem is usually overeating at night time, usually happens if i'm stressing or procrastinating. My cravings get the worst at night. And last time I tried LC (but didnt do induction correctly) i would overeat at night :mad: So my goal is to gain control of this terrible habbit. Even though finals are coming up pretty soon and everyone around me is going to be stocking up on junk food, i'm very determined to find a new way of coping w/stress. hmmm Exercise??!!! Yeah, really trying to get back into gym mode; need some motivation - i hate dragging my butt there in the cold weather.

I'm really determined...just wondering, are you guys using fitday to keep track?? it seems like such a pain in the butt. I was thinking of writing stuff down in a notebook and try to approximate how much i'm consuming....

Ok, hope i'm not rambling too much. Good luck everyone!!!
:wave:

(my mini goal: get down to 150 by may 7 - first day of my vacation!!!! yea we get out early)

Karrahs
Tue, Apr-08-03, 18:51
Hey you guys, I am really looking forward to all of us working together!

sarabeth
Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:19
Hey! How is everyone doing so far? I weighed in on the 6th and lost another 3 lbs....that makes 11.5 total. That is pure joy for me....anyway, I just wanted to know how everyone else is doing. :wave: Bye!

sarabeth
Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:22
Oh! Karrah! I love your ideas for the mini goals! It makes everything seem a little but easier instead of "Omigosh I have 67 lbs to lose!" it's "Oh! I only need to lose 5" or "I need to lose 10." Smart thinking...I"m gonna start that!
:rheart: Sara

Merrymash
Wed, Apr-09-03, 16:54
only day 2 for me but i'm pumped up!!! about to go to the gym with my best friend, really trying to get into exercise mode...The only problem i can see coming is during my finals period - i always overconsume coffee and other illegal crap. I'll have to try to find other ways of dealing with the stress...Also decided that once i reach my goal weight, I'll go and splurge on a really cute bathing suit. I'm getting inspired by all the new fashions in the magazines!!! Good luck everyone :roll:

Loving It
Wed, Apr-09-03, 16:58
Hey Crew!

How's everyone doing? Well... I have stayed the same. Aww. That's okay though, I am not going to cheat.

About the exams and procrastinating and munching.... I hear ya! You are right, that is really tough. You mentioned that you were going to try to replace it with exercise - don't forget, you can start slow. Just like how you were saying that you want to lose 5 lbs instead of a bigger number all at once- it's the same way with exercise. Just tell yourself that you are going to take a walk 3 times per week for 20 minutes. That's it! Don't argue with yourself, or try to convince yourself not to - just get out there and do it - don't even think. When that gets easy then add more. Before you know it you will have added alot more- - maybe even just for the enjoyment of it! It feels so good to have the sun shine on your face.

Don't forget guys - it's all a mind game! We can do this. Don't allow yourself to think those old, negative thoughts. This IS what you really want and although missing a walk or having a treat may be totally justified in your head at that time - you are kidding yourself because THIS is what you REALLY want, otherwise I don't think that any of us would have joined a "low carb forum"!!
Hang in there Crew - summer is going to come faster than we think.

Keep Me Posted!! :wave:

Kaela
Wed, Apr-09-03, 19:20
HI Guys!! Can I join??? :hyper:
I'm 20, it's my 3rd semester at college. I'm 5'8'' and I weigh 143 (the lowest I've been in two years! :yay: ) I want to get down to about 130-135. I know I can do it!!!
It's just like you said LovingIt , it's all in your mind! lol should I call you LovingIt ? or something else??

Merrymash - You could try getting a workout tape for the times when your friend can't go to the gym or you can't make it there. I just got The Firm Super Sculpting, and it's really cool. I do it 2 x a week, on the days in between I do Mornig cardio on the treadmill. There is a big thread on why morning cadio on an empty stomach burns more fat.
I'm using FitDay, but just for the Weight Graph, I like to see the line go down! :lol: :roll:
They have Journals and Gym Logs on this site that are really helpful.

I think this will be a cool thread since we are all around the same age and VERY motivated! Maybe we could have a Challenge date, like we all set a goal to reach by a certain date and then help eachother along the way.

I'm really hyper, sorry if I'm rambling at you guys! :blush:
"See" you later! :wave:

Merrymash
Wed, Apr-09-03, 22:23
Thanks for the great advice guys. Kaela, a work out video is a great idea for those dreary days when i dont feel like heading to the gym. By the way, congratulations on your progress! I glanced through your journal and I'm a little confused on what exactly your plan is. Also I noticed you were taking metabolife. I've used products w/ephedra but i stopped because everyone was warning me of the dangers of it...Also, I know many LC plans discourage caffeine intake, and those pills have a bunch in them....do u think they might cause some people to stall??? Oh and one more question, you keep listing a yogurt w/fiber as one of your meals...what kind of yogurt is it?

And a question to everyone..are you guys taking lots of vitamins??? i'm just starting out and i dont know which ones i should invest in...

So i'm still really pumped...wen to the gym - 45 mins hard core cardio and abs!!!! cant wait to see the belly melt...its so hard to get rid of the freshman 15!!!! if i had to relive last year, i would change my bad habbits of staying up late and eating all the junk...well now i must pay :mad:

oh well, we can do it!!!! i took out a pair of my old jeans (non-stretchy) and i cant wait till they fit again!!! more important than what the scale says...ok,guys now i'm just procrastinating...back to my studies...ugh

GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :wave:

Kaela
Thu, Apr-10-03, 07:18
Go MerryMash!!! 45 mins! :clap: :clap: :clap: Damn that freshamn 15!! Mine was like pre-freshman 30!! That's okay, cuz it's melting off us now! No more late night junk food sessions!

I've been following the Candida Diet. I kept getting yeast infections and I felt really crappy. :( No matter what I did they wouldn't go away. After I did some research I found out I had Candida (which is an overgrowth of the natural candida yeast in our intestines) Gross huh? Imagine how I feel!! lol
It can be caused by a lot of things and it's very common although most people aren't aware they have it. Some causes are eating too much sugar/ carbs (we're safe now ;) ) and eating too much cheese, nuts and fermented foods, and taking steriods, antibiotics (big cause) and birth control pills (which also raise your estrogen levels making it hard to lose weight) When I started doing Lc all I ate was cheese!!! Cheese +cheese+ cheese+ cheese+pistachios+nuts+cashews+creamcheese=NO WEIGHT LOSS AND A CANDIDA PROBLEM!!!

So the diet is very healthy . Basically just eggs, meat, lots of veggies (with olive oil mmm..) and Plain, whole fat, whole milk yogurt (this type of yougrt only has 4 carbs per cup instead of 16 carbs because the milk sugars are eaten up by the yogurt making process) I add Benefibeer to the yogurt. Fibers really good for you and it's hard to get enough.
I don't have ANY sauces or anything! Basically I eat like a cavewoman that has olive oil, a stove and yogurt!!
After eating this way my yeast problem is almost gone {I also took supplements, if you think you might have Canddia ask me about them, they're important) and I lost 20 pounds last month!!!!! :eek: Isn't that crazy!!! A lot of it was water weight, I was on my period and had just cheated when I started the month. So I probably lost about 12 pounds of fat!! I still can't beleive it! I have kept my calories at about 1600. I think, I dont remember exactly. Now I keeping them at 1200-1400. If you've been stalled or you are close to goal you might have to start counting calories.

Um....what else...OH I don't take Metabolife anymore. I had to stop because of the Candida diet, it's very strict. :nono: I have never heard of the caffeine stalling anyone. If you go to the General Exercise Forum , there is a sticky that talks all about ECA stacks, It's HUGE! I wouldn't recommend them unless you're really cloe to goal and haven't been able to make any progress in a long time. They make me tired after a few hours. basically they help by cutting down your appetite (%75 of weight loss) and heating up your body (metabolism boost) (%25 of weight loss)

I take a yeast free multi vitamin. :rolleyes: EVERYTHING is yeast free now. lol

Okay, I'm off to do my Super Sculpting The Firm video :hyper:

Good luck everyone!!!! We can do this!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Loving It
Thu, Apr-10-03, 13:20
Hey Guys,
Great to have you join us Kaela :wave:
YES!! WOOHOO!! I am excited for this. Kaela, your email was so funny - what a problem that yeast was! :thdown:
Where is everyone from? Is it hot? I live in Alberta Canada and there is still alot of snow on the ground. It was a cold run yesterday. Brrr. :skull:
And about the Freshman 15 - that was in the past and now we start new!! Don worry guys, we'll lose that! :there:

By the way my name is Deanna... ;)

:wiggle: Hang in there guys,
Dee

Say Hi 2 M
Thu, Apr-10-03, 15:55
Hey everyone , whats UP....
My 4th week on induction YIPEEEEE im so proud.... im gonna stay on it for 6 weeks. My workout regimen well umm i power walk for an hour everyday and today im going to start doing a fitness tape... Went to the city today(Mannhatan) and saw some realli hot clothes but didnt buy anything cause i wanna be a size 6 or a size 5 ... So yeh i wanna be like 130- 135 by the end of june , yes high hopes but if not then i just want to keep losing weight however long it takes... OHh and im not going to weigh myself till im done with induction dont want to get discouraged.... so lets keep checking up on each other...<3
Dee :wave:

Say Hi 2 M
Thu, Apr-10-03, 15:57
lol loving it your DEE too.... well my name is Deesire.....
:spin:

luddybell
Thu, Apr-10-03, 18:20
can i join too?? Im 21... hoping to at least be 170-160 by vacation time ( July)

my name is Misty... the only problem i seem to be having is actually gettin enough carbs! UGH! lol... anyways ive been on this WOL for a month and 5 days lol.. i did cheat monday though ( YUCK) i ate about half a cup of rice and it made me literally sick. ( throwing up and the "other") and it tasted GROSS! i cant believe i used to could eat this for every meal! ... anyways enough rambling...

Loving It
Thu, Apr-10-03, 18:28
:D hahaha - Dee, I was laughing . . . 2 Dees! What are the chances. Too funny!

sarabeth
Thu, Apr-10-03, 18:53
Dude! My workout regimen is walking for 45 minutes....I'm gonna start jogging as soon as I can get up enough nerve to....I hate seeing all that fat just jiggling as I run. But congrats on all of those who lost weight, and whoever had onlt freshman 15 or pre freshman 30....I gained 60 lbs in 9 months after my dad died...so I guess I had the high-school-junior-60! Yuck! :mad: But hey I'll get it off...eventually....just as long as everyone helps me stay on track!

Merrymash
Thu, Apr-10-03, 20:28
Wow Kaela , 20 pounds in one month!!! Way to go! :thup: Thanks for all the great advice. It really helped to go to the fitness forum, lots of great info there. I went to the gym really early this morning and although i liked the feeling of getting it over with in the beginning of the day and it woke me up, i didnt feel like i had as much energy as i do if i work out at night.

Say Hi2M it looks like we're trying to lose bout the same amt....i would love to reach my goal by end of june too!!! i'm just starting out though, but really pumped! :D

Tonight is a very rough night for me girls - its 10 pm and i just got back from work. I have a huge exam at 9 am and probably will be up most of the night - these are the nights that are tougest w/trying to limit food and coffee intake. I'm sure my body metabolizes everything slower at night but i feel like i need it to stay up and study!!! i have to keep up my scholarship!!! or at least thats my excuse and i just use it to procrastinate....Anyway i'm just gona try to jump around or something when i get sleepy. I hate alnighters!!!! uhg...cant wait till my break! Ok, sorry for whining so much....

Anyway, every time i'll wanna cheat i'll just think of how hard it was to get up this morning and work out, and you girls of course!!!! Thanks for the support and good luck everyone!

WE CAN DO IT !! :hyper:

Karrahs
Thu, Apr-10-03, 21:25
I got the idea from one of the "seniors" here, whe I saw their mini goal,s I was like, "OOOHH I am so going to do that!" it is easier to see and feel than going, well, one more pound down, 50 to go, you know what I mean? I am doing well in my loss, and I am looking forward to having a body fat percentage of only"overweight" by this summer, instead of the horrible "obese" I just hate that word!!!!! Okay, gotta go. See ya all later. Good luck on the losses~~

sarabeth
Fri, Apr-11-03, 09:42
Hey! I'm having the same problems with finals here....I have to keep up a 3.0 GPA in order to keep my scholarship, which is quite difficult to do! It's not at 3.0, but hopefully I can get it up before they check the status of my grades! I've been up long hours studying and instead of getting food or coffee, I figured out that every hour or so, you could just kinda get out of your chair and move around a bit, get the blood going through your system again, ya know? it'll wake you up a bit, and plus it takes your mind off of eating! At least that was the scenario for me, but everyone's different so I don't know how much it'll work with you, but it did wonders for me. I have finals in about 2 weeks.....I'm getting ready for the week from HELL! :exclm: But after that, I have the rest of the summer off!! I can hear angels singing as I type this....anyway, I'll post later, peace!
:wave: Sara

Kaela
Fri, Apr-11-03, 13:59
First let me say.."YAY FOR US!!! WE KICK ASS!" :cheer: :cheer: Okay that was just a little pick me up for those of you who might be down. (No, I was not a cheerleader in High School! ;) )

LOL :lol: Sara your funny. Hallelujah!! No school soon!!

Godd job guys taking a walk or stretching instead of eating. Night time is the hardest for me too.

Hi LuddyBell ! :wave: Welcome!!
That's weird how now bread and rice and sugar make us feel gross. I get really tired after I eat sugar and I Fart!!! lol :lol: Too bad they don't have a farting smiley face!!

Do you guys like DAve MAthews Band? My bf just bought me his new CD. It's so awesome. I like Grey Street, BUsted Stuff, and Big Eyed Fish.

Hey let's have a roll call?? How many girls are here??

I'm so tired. To the Bath!! :thup:
See ya' :wave:

Say Hi 2 M
Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:08
Hey kalea and everyone else.....
so 1 girl here, Todays such yuckeee day its raining and my tummy hurts :mad: and i cant go walking ...... Anyway today i ate 2 eggs and a little bowl of shrimp and sardines.... now i feel sick.... so anyway just saying whats UP to everyone.... Ohhhh kalea i dont really listen to that stuff but i like lauren hill, eminem, nas....and a lot of other stuff..
<3 Dee :wave:

luddybell
Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:20
woohooo WOOSH FAIRY ! 2 lbs down! bikini here i come :)

sarabeth
Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:25
Ooooh! I love DMB!!! I love any kind of music....except country.....there's just something about it that hits me the wrong way! Oh well....good job with the whoosh fairy!! I have a feeling 'm gonna stall anytime now...yall wish me luck that I don't stall!

Say Hi 2 M
Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:29
hey guys,
I just wnated to know if u guys drink shakes or eat the bars... i really want to cause i am craving something different but im afraid its going to stall my weighloss adivc :wave: e???

luddybell
Fri, Apr-11-03, 18:12
i eat pure delite bars they are very very tasty, and havent caused me to stall yet at all.. i eat 1 every other day... they cost 95 cents at walmart . they taste just like a hershey bar.

sarabeth
Fri, Apr-11-03, 20:47
I very rarely have a bar or a shake for breakfast because they're a little on the expensive side for me....but they are good.

sarabeth
Fri, Apr-11-03, 21:06
OMG!! I am sooo happy!! I tried on some 18's today and they FIT!! I started out in a 22 and now I'm to an 18! This is wonderful! Not as slim as I want to be, but that just gave me a huge boost! :agree: :Party:

Loving It
Fri, Apr-11-03, 23:26
Hey Crew, how is everyone?
Okay, I have decided - I need to restart induction. :(
As of April 12, 2003 I am officially on induction. I was getting so frustrated that my weight wasn't moving - I realize now that I also need to count calories. Aww, but that's okay. I am going to stay on induction until I get to my goal weight. :D

You guys are doing so well! :clap: I want to keep up - but I need to restart and tomorrow is the first day. That's it. No more doing it 1/2 n 1/2. :mad:

I love reading your post guys - hang in there!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here comes the sun!! :cool:

Dee :wave:

Merrymash
Sat, Apr-12-03, 08:41
HI GIRLS!!! We all seem to be doing well and as long as we have each others support we're gonna keep moving toward our goals!!!

Its only day 5 for me and I'm trying to not weigh myself for a while because I know I get discouraged when I see it fluctuating. But I'm definitely feeling better. I love waking up and not feeling full like I used to when I would overeat at nighttime. Its a good feeling. I'm really working hard to listen to my body and eat only when I'm truly hungry and not just craving something or fulfilling some emotional need. Its a dificult change to make, but I'm slowly learning to adjust.

I have a question, u know those whole chickens that they sell at the supermarket. (Rotisserie ?? dont know spelling) But they're fully cooked and they're very oily and taste amazing. Do those have any carbs in them?? I hope not, cuz I had some yesterday..hmmm

Back when I was doing Atkins half assed ( and didnt lose anything) i would eat lots of the protein bars and too much cheese and nuts and I never completed induction. So I'm planning to really stick to it for 2 weeks before i start allowing myself to have another bar or shake (although i didnt like the shakes too much) But i love nuts - esp. macadamia nuts!!! soooo goood, but its almost impossible to eat just a few. ugh....

ok, gotta get ready for work..the weather is so gross here today. but tonight my school is throwing a bunch of parties and we're having fireworks all night!! i'm really psyched.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!! dont get discouraged!!!!! summer's just around the corner hehe

peace

sarabeth
Sat, Apr-12-03, 09:04
I did something last night I haven't been able to do for a long time....There is this track that spans around a lake near my house (unfortunately it's a man-made lake) and it's about a mile and a quater long.....there are these light poles that are equally distanced from each other. When I was on the other diets, I tried to alternate jogging/walking from pole to pole and I could only go about 1/4 of the way before quitting and just walking. Last night I did it the ENTIRE WAY AROUND!!! :dazzle: I am SO proud of myself for doing that. I weighed myself today (though I'm not supposed to) and it said that I lost another 3 pounds....how is everyone else doing? I just wanted to share my joy with yall since all of yall seem very awesome! ;) oh well, I gotta go to work now. I'll post later.

:wave: Bye!

Kaela
Sat, Apr-12-03, 09:40
Sarabeth that's awesome!!!!! :cheer: YAY!!! :cheer:

MerryMash - I'm almost postive that rotiserie chicken has 0 carbs. I think there's a carb calculator on this site somewhere....
Isn't it hard not to weigh yourself?! Have you taken your measurements? If not you should definitely do that. Sometimes you can lose fat and the scael shows a gain or no movement because other fluids/muscles/hormones/water retention/evil scale...so I think it's better to go by measurements. Your post motivated me. I'm going to run on the treadmill now!!

LovingIt - Good idea with going back on induction! I was upset when I learned I had to count calories, but now I'm glad. I don't use food as my 'entertainment' or 'comfort'. It's pretty easy to keep your cals down on induction (no nuts/cheese) and best of all you lose a lot of fat!! :yay: Good luck, were here for you! :wave:

LuddyBell- Congratulations on the loss!! :cheer: Here comes LuddyBell in her sexy bikini!! OW!!! (sorry. i'm a dork! lol)

SayHi2Me - Hi to me. lol Just kidding!! Hi :wave: I love the carbolite bars. They have chocolate coookies too that taste like the real thing. mmmmmmm...BUt I only have them once in a whil because I don't want them to stall me. When I'm craving something sweet I have plain, whole fat whole milk, yogurt (4c/cup-- Not 16) and I add Stevia. You can also use Splenda, but I can't.

Karrahs- HI!!!! :wave:

Okay, so I counted there are 6 of us. Wait. 7 counting me!! lol
You guys I' so motivated to do this!! Summer is right around the corner! :sunny:
Everyone is doing great! Oh, I was thinking we should have a Goal DAY. We can each set a goal. Either a specific weight, inches to lose, a certain number of calories a day, staying on iduction or working out 5 days a week-- Anything we want. And then we'll give ourselves a month. MAy 15th??? What do you guys think???

My goals for May 15th : :sunny: :yay:
waist: 25" (now 26-27")

belly: 27" ( now 28-29'')

hips: 33" (now 33.5-36" I'm really bad a measureing right!! LOL)

thighs: 21" (now 22.5-23.5")

bicep: 11" (now 12")

WEIGHT: around 137-140??? (now 143)

GOOD LUCK GIRLS!! :sunny: :daizy:
WE CAN DO THIS!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

StarDancer
Sat, Apr-12-03, 13:42
Hi Girls !

Can I join too ? I did Atkins last year, but the plan fell through when I started living in residence. Yeah yeah, studying, bad caf food, etc. None of which are really good excuses, but im ready to start , and willing to work as hard as all you

FABULOUS LADIES !!!! :rose: :p

I cannot express how happy I am to have finally found some support :thup: :thup: :thup:

Your stories are wonderful , keep it up girls.

We CAN do it, and wont settle for less. :hyper: :hyper: :rheart:

My name is Carrie by the way .
Bye for now :daze: . Ill keep in touch with y'all.

My current goal: 150 by end of April

sarabeth
Sat, Apr-12-03, 14:35
Welcome to our small but comfortable group Carrie! I am very happy that I found this because I would never be able to do it alone. It gets pretty hairy sometimes, with temptations all around us; but we can all do this together. That's what this site's for, right? RIGHT! :cheer: I feel like a cheerleader :eek: I never did like them, they were always too skinny. But oh well, once again, welcome and I hope you like it here!

Say Hi 2 M
Sat, Apr-12-03, 14:43
Hey girlies,,
Welcome Star dancer, Yeh so today my parent s are like having a party and there is soooo much yummy food n sweets wow,,, it hard resisting but i am.. I had a piece of chicken hehe.... So i am gonna weigh myself in like 2 or 3 weeks wow i hope i lost good amount. So girls keep going n staying on track dieting n excersing....
P.S. i am gonna have a pure delite bar like in 2 or 3 weeks so i am looking forward to that now justing sticking strictly to the rules of induction...
Dee <3 :wave:

luddybell
Sat, Apr-12-03, 16:59
lol i cant wait but now.. i have the stomache virus and the stupid doctor put me on a diet of chicken noodle soup and sprite until i get better! YUCK

JuneBride
Sat, Apr-12-03, 17:22
Oh I want in!!!

Sorry I'm joining a bit late...I just started LC'ing 2 days ago (eep!)

Well, I'm 19, f, from wisconsin, GETTING MARRIED JUNE 20th and I don't fit in my dress. Can you believe it?!

So instead of the bikini goal I'm goin' for the dress goal :)

Although it would be nice to not feel like a cow in a bikini!!

Mind if I join in??

-lex

Kaela
Sat, Apr-12-03, 23:14
Welcome Lex and Carrie ! :wave: Glad to have you with us!

Wow!! Congratulations Lex!! :cheer: You must be so excited!!! :hyper: I'm sure you'll look beautiful in your dress. We'll help you get to your goal, whatever it is! How long did you date your fiance before you got engaged?

It's like 1:30 in the morning, I just ate 3 carbolite bars (they're pretty small) I'm not suppose to have them even though they have 0 carbs, they're not good on the Candida diet. OOps! Oh well, no biggie. BUT-- My stomach hurts sooooo bad! If you guys try the carbolite bars, ONLY EAT ONE!! wow......let's just say I'm glad no one is in the room with me. They'd be suffering. lol

I hope you feel better soon LuddyBell ! :daizy:

Carrie , are you a Dancer??

Okay girls I'm going to sleep. :wave:

sarabeth
Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:57
hey yall! I just measured myself and I've lost many inches!! I've lost 5.5 from my bust, 5 from my waist, and 5 from my hips...is that great or what? I am very happy right now....oh! Welcome welcome! Sure you can do dress instead of bikini....I should do that (dress goal), since I've never worn a bikini in my life! Oh well. I'll talk to everyone later!

Kaela
Sun, Apr-13-03, 10:47
That's so cool Sara!! :cheer: :cheer: Great job! You must be so proud! :) Okay, you motivated me not to eat another cookie !

HELP ME GIRLS!!! Yep, I ate 3 Milano Chocolate cookies! :( I wish I didn't do that. At least it was only 3. I also had some spagethii sauce with cheese (not good for my candida diet) I feel like I'm slipping back into my old habits. I'm not hungry but I want to eat. I'm depressed right now.I have a ton of homework adn studying to do and I guess I just want an excuse to not do it. Not that eating is a valid excuse but my warped little mind is telling me it is!!
Maybe it's because I'm closer to my goal then I have been in a long time. (2 yrs) But I still feel far away form it. I feel like I'll never get there. I've tried so many times but I always give up. I am not giving up this time!!
I get upset because I don't fit into the clothes I want to and I don't like how I look. I know these are all superfical things. I should concentrate on how healthy I'm becoming. I really am a lot healthier. But right now I feel stuck. I don't know what to do. I don't want to do anyhting but lie in bed. Sorry I'm being so negative. I will be better later probably. Maybe I'll go jog on the treadmill. Or go outside or something.
If you guys have any encouraging words I'd really appreciate it. I just need to stop whining I think!

Merrymash
Sun, Apr-13-03, 13:02
Hi guys..i'm having major issues w/my laptop - i spilled water on it yesterday and it totally stopped funcitoning. Its kinda working now but i cant navigate my mouse well and its really frustrating. Its funny because the first thing i thought of was omg, i cant use the forum any more!! (instead of i cant access my homework/papers for school lol)

Hey Kaela, It seems like u're just having a bad day, which I have plenty of. And I'm also the type to use food to procrastinate on school work especially when there's a ton to do.

Dont feel guilty about your little cheat. Since you've made so much progress already and this is now your lifestyle rather than a temporary diet, looking at the big picture 3 cookies wont set u back very much.

I feel like when I'm having a down day, its good to reevaluate your goals and focus on how great you've done so far and how good it makes you feel when you're on track...I'm just starting out and havent lost much yet, but I'm sure it feels so goooood to see progress and you know the feeling. I think going for a jog will really clear up your mind and you can have a fresh new start!

Sara - congratulations, you're doing awesome!!! I havent progressed much, waiting for a wooosh, but you girls inspire me w/your losses.

Say Hi2m - I totally know how it feels to have a bunch of people over at the house for a dinner party....My mom cooks for like an entire village and it always smells so good. Good for you for resisting the temptations! i know its hard...

As for me my college had a huge party outdoors last night, and its finally warming up outside, so it was perfect - we had fireworks and live bands. And since i'm on induction I didnt drink!!! Very proud of myself. Even though i know vodka and other hard liquors dont have carbs, i know i'm not supposed to drink on induction...so that was good

But i've been slacking on exercise...gonna start up again tomorrow...also making someprevious mistakes by eating too much cheese - must limit to 3-4 oz...I havent starting using fitday to count calories, but I might start soon if i dont see progress. How many of you guys are doing that??

K girlies, back to studying and then i gotta babysit...ugh, the parents will probably buy us pizza...but I WILL NOT HAVE ANY!!! LOL

AGAIN, GOOD LUCK + STAY STRONG!!!! SUMMER IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER :wave:

sarabeth
Sun, Apr-13-03, 18:05
Kaela,
Don't worry about the set back. I honestly don't think that is slipping into your old lifestyle......now if you are a binger like me, then you couldn't go with just 3 cookies! I have (HAD!!) a tendency to binge on all the bad stuff, you know, chips, cookies, coke, junk food....chocolate is such my weakness! But I found that on this I actually have control over what I eat and I love it! Also, if you get a chocolate craving, I found at the grocery store those sugar free hershey's candies....tastes exactly like the real thing, so whenever I want chocolate, BOOM! There they are! But back to the subject....at least you think that you're slipping back so you can get back to where you were when you first started. It's like a reality-check type thing, ya know?

Sayhi2M and Merrymash,
My mom doesn't cook much, but when she does cook it smells so good! I have the coolest mom though, cuz she's on it with me and so she cooks stuff for us too.

Merrymash,
Congrats on no drinking. I for one am not a drinker, don't like the taste of it. The only kind I like is Smirnoff Ice, but I'm gonna drink it until after induction.

But anwyays, I gotta go, I will talk to yall lovely ladies later! :wave: bye!

Say Hi 2 M
Sun, Apr-13-03, 19:52
Hey girlies, :wave:
First Kalea dont worry, its only 3 cookies it no big deal just get right back on track and you will be fine and youll look gr8 in your bikini, hehe its funni cause i picked a bikini out of the vs catalog also and i look at it everyday :spin: .. Anwaya today was a good day went shopping with my girls but didnt buy anything cause i want to wait till i lose weight.. I ate 2 eggs in the morning, beef n salad for lunch and for dinner some cold cuts... Ohh and i finally found diet rite and i had a cup and itss soooo good... so keep going and stay on track girls..... Hehe im sooo happi tonight just came back form a jog and just am enjoying life... :thup: ...
Deesire <3

2bfree
Sun, Apr-13-03, 20:53
Hello all :wave:

I know it is a little late, but I would love to join in on the challenge!!

I know that I will be more likely to exercise if I have to report in, so here I am. So, part of my challenge is to report in at least every other day.

Thanks for recommending this challenge, Kaela. You all sound like a wonderfull group of ladies.

Hey Sarabeth :wave:

sarabeth
Mon, Apr-14-03, 07:19
Hey 2bfree! :D Sup?! Ok, I'm a little energetic right now, I'm sitting here at my school doing absolutely nothing because I'm waiting for a class to start, so I might as well tell about last night. Hmmm....yesterday morning I had sausage with cheese on it (good stuff man) with water. I then proceeded to walk to work (about a fifteen minute walk) and work for 6 hours.....having bottles upon bottles of water. When I got home I had lunch which was, uhhh.....I forgot what it was, but it wasn't that bad. Oh! It was chicken! I had chicken for lunch and then at around 9 I had dinner which consisted of Italian herb fish that I found at the grocery store (0 Carbs, wonderful taste, even though I burned it) with some jello w/whipped cream. My mom keeps telling me I need to eat more carbs because I always end up under 10, but I don't want to eat any more, I'm comfortable just where I'm at! But she really shouldn't be giving me advice; I should be giving her advice. She's stalled for the moments and doesn't understand why.....she always ends up like 1 or 2 carbs below 20 and even though I keep telling her she needs to get out and walk she won't listen....she's so stubborn....anyways, I haven't even gone to look for a bathing suit yet. I'm afraid that I'll set my eyes on one that I really adore and then realize I'm still not small enough....maybe I'll start looking when I"m closer to my goal...I'm 3 lbs off from my first goal! Wish me luck!

Kaela
Mon, Apr-14-03, 08:01
Good Luck Sara!! :thup: I know you can do it!

Thank you guys for making me feel better :rheart: :there:

We are all doing so awesome!! Summer here we come!!!

:daizy: :daizy: :sunny: :daizy: :daizy:
:yay: :hyper: :yay: :wave: :hyper: :wiggle: :wave: :yay:

LOL that's my picture of us!! We're HOT!!! lol
Glad you joined us 2bfree!!

Okay ladies, I have to get to Astronomy class. I hope everyone has a great day!!! We can do this!!

sarabeth
Mon, Apr-14-03, 08:59
hey Kaela, how did you get that picture of Bob Dylan on your sig? I really like him and I want a pic on mine!! But not Bob Dylan, I was thinkin maybe Janis or Jimi....love those!

sarabeth
Mon, Apr-14-03, 09:02
Ok Kaela, I feel kinda dumb....I realized how to do it. I really need to learn to read directions before I do something! LOL! :daze: But I'll talk to yall later. Peace out!

Wannabeski
Mon, Apr-14-03, 10:46
I want to join too! Can I? I think it'd be a great way to keep us all on track and motivated. I haven't been doing too great lately (keep cheating) But I feel motivated this time and I'm ready to commit to this, but I'm sure sometime along the way I'll need some encouragement and it'd be great if we could all do that for eachother. I'm not going to say that I "want" to get to my goal by September because I "WILL"!! In September I'll have my eighteenth birthday and I'd LOVE to celebrate it by being thin for the first time in my life. We can all do this, we ARE doing this! :D Hope to hear from ya'll soon! :wave:

Merrymash
Mon, Apr-14-03, 12:17
Welcome 2bfree...Your stats say you went from 180 to 115 :thup: did you lost all that on atkins??? Please fill us in on how you did it..tons of exercise?? strict induction?? how long did it take you?? Sorry for all the questions, but it really motivates me when I see such success stories because I dont feel like I"m losing....

I'm feeling bloated, i think TOM's around the corner and I'm just feeling really blah. Ate too much cheese today :( I have a big exam tomorrow so i'm already stressing bout that too. :mad: Can't wait till vacation!!! :daze:

I've realized its so difficult to do two weeks of perfect induction - following the exact rules - while i'm in school...I'm always craving a bar or nuts etc....

Today at the supermarket i found this brand of soda called "waist watcher" and it comes in different flavors and its sweetened w/splenda and all of them are caffeine free. And it was on sale for 89 cents per 2 liter bottle. So that was exciting! lol

how do u guys put pictures/icons above your stats??
ok i have my capitalist enterprise class....oh joy

need some motivation guys!!!! this is rough :wave:

StarDancer
Mon, Apr-14-03, 13:44
Hey girls,

Welcome WannabeSk , good to have you on the board ! :wave:

2bfree, how did you lose 65 lbs on Atkins ? (according to your stats ) Did it happen quickly ? Fill us in , fill us in !

Summer is getting closer and we're staying motivated ! We are GONNA BE HOT THESE SUMMER MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

Yesterday, there was a chinese food fest on my residence floor and I managed to stay away from the carby foods and had the meat and some bean sprouts instead ! yay for me ! :thup:

How are you all doin ? Exercizin' :wiggle: , eatin' well I suppose :spin: :roll: :yay:

Carrie
:heart:

Loving It
Mon, Apr-14-03, 20:25
Hey Girls,

I have checked this in a while!! Welcome to all of our new joiners!! :wave: That's so awesome!

Everybody sounds so pumped up and motivated - I love it! It's great to read because I get really motivated not to cheat!!

I love going to the Victoria Secret website, pretending to choose my bathing suit that I am going to buy when I reach my goal weight! It's so fun and keeps me motivated.

Well crew hang in there! We can do this! WOO HOO!! :wiggle:

Deanna :rheart:

Kaela
Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:51
Welcome Wannabeskinny!!!

Merrymash- To put an icon on above your stats go to your profile at the top of the screen adn click edit profile. I don't remember the rest but it will tell you!

Motivation ...hmmm....well...I haven't been very motivating. Actually I 've just been bithchin lately, but I think it's out of my system for now (thanks Mnickle)
I still think we should all set a weekly goal. It would make this easier since we'd be taking baby steps together.

Loving It- I love Victoria's Secret. I just got 3 shirts but I think I'm going to return them and get a bikini. I'll try and put a lpicture of it here.

Good job resisting carby foods Carrie!! Are you a dancer??

Okay girls, we're doing great!! I think I'm going to exercise when I get home from school today. Then tonight Smallville is on!! YAY!!! I'm such a dork! lol I always watch Smallville and have yougrt sweetened with stevia. Its my healthy little treat to myself! I love superman he's so hot. *sigh* :rheart:

Kaela
Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:58
Okay, here's the bikini I'm getting when I get to goal. What do you guys think?? It's got an underwire top and a little padding (heehee) I might get it in white. Do you think it would be see through when it got wet? That would be dumb.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodlgvw/V228542.jpg

Kaela
Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:58
LOL It looks like Bob DYlan is checking out the bikini model!!! :lol:

JuneBride
Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:23
Oy!! Sorry I didn't write for so long (everyone wants comp time!!)

Well, I weighed myself yesturday and:

DOWN TO 190!!!!! WO0!!!!

My goal at the moment is to be AT MOST 175 by June 20th...

So after realising how much weight I lost...I REWARDED MYSELF WITH CARBS!!! GAHHHHHH!!!!! 2 chocolate covered graham cookies, 5 bites rice pudding, 2 bites of hashbrowns....

I need to boot that habit!! But I've gotten over feeling guilty about it and today's a new day :)

Let's see, about myself: I'm 19 (yes, a youngin') engaged to my lovely brit boy for about...well, almost a year anyway. We've been dating 2 years come september.

I asked HIM to marry ME...and I'm terrible with dates...so I can't remember exactly when that was (oops!) Some time last June, I know that much :)

EEK, just looked at the time!! Have to leave for work in 20 minutes and I'm still in my PJ's *L*

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE!!!!

JuneBride
Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:25
And I think a white bikini would be LOVELY :)

I wish I were ready for that step :sunny:

And they usually have some sort of lining to them, so I think you'd be safe.

Loving It
Tue, Apr-15-03, 14:28
THE BIKINI IS HOT! Way to go Kaela - that's a great score. :thup:

I am not weighing in until Friday - so I'll let you guys know how it goes!

StarDancer
Tue, Apr-15-03, 15:11
Hello all,

That is a lovely swimsuit - i DONT think it would be see through when wet though :) I spotted one that I really want at the mall the other day , at the La Vie En Rose lingerie store. It was white with red cherries on it. The cutest thing ever. But I think its tooo cute for me, Id rather have something like the one that Kaela likes. :spin:

Kaela, I am not a dancer in the ballet/jazz sense, but I do ballroom dancing and latin style dancing in my free time. :daze: It would be nice to look good enough to hit the clubs sometime and dance there instead of just at home, school and weddings sometimes.
:roll:
Keep up the work ladies (and gents if there are any here not so sure .... ), I dont have a scale with me in residence and havent been to the gym in a while, so i cant really weight in. Hopefully, I will have a nice surprise when I get home in ten days from now.

PS: I am just bombing my exams .... :( I really hope I can pass everything so I dont have to repeat courses. University sure is tough ... :o *complain complain complain*

Kaela
Tue, Apr-15-03, 16:50
Hello Ladies!!! :wave:

It was beautiful today!! :daizy: :sunny:
I just finished the treadmill and I have a lot of studying to do but I wanted to post first! And then tonight I have a dat with superman!! (Smallville on WB) ;) *sigh* his hotness is so...super!!! hahah I'm funny :lol:

JuneBride- Congratulations on the loss!! You're doing awesome! I'm sure you'l be at or below 175 by June 20th.

StarDancer- I've been thinking about taking some sort of Latin dance class. I've taken Modern dance before. How long have you been dancing?? Dont' wait until you think you look "good enuf" to go out to a club! You're beautiful right now and even more beautiful when you are dancing and having fun so do it now!! (This is the same advice I got earlier today ;) )

Okay ladies, I'm gonna hit the books now. Bye :wave:

2bfree
Wed, Apr-16-03, 00:04
What's up, girls!!!!

How's everybody doing? Seems like everyone else is kickin' a** except for me :D . I have not worked out at all, and I still haven't started my journal. Classes have kept my head :spin: these last few weeks, but I will make no more excuses!!! I will work out tomorrow as the bikini club is my witness!!

Now that that bit of hysteria is out, I am glad to see all you guys meeting your goals head on. Exercise is the most vital part of this program as much as I hate to do.

Junebride, congrats on the upcoming nups and the downgoing weight, you will look smashing.

Kaela, I am soooo happy to see that you are feeling better :wave: .

I will tell you guys about my weight loss when i have a bit more time. It's kinda late and i have to get up way too early in the morning.

Until then, take care

Grace :daizy:

StarDancer
Wed, Apr-16-03, 09:25
Hi girls,

To answer Kaela's question :) , Ive been dancing ballroom and latin for about 2 years now, I started off by taking classes at the local community centre, and now just practice whenever I can. I guess its something you learn fast and it stays with you, although I would like to take some advanced classes now to learn some more moves, and maybe I will head out to the clubs sooner than I thought :D

2bfree, I cant wait to hear your story on weight loss, it will definitely be a motivation to me and the rest of us :roll:

Exams have got me in a bit of a time bind, so here I go, I'll post again tomorrow.

Take care, and eat right, ..... July is just around the bend ! :p

Carrie :wave:

sarabeth
Wed, Apr-16-03, 09:32
hey everyone. I know it's been a long time but I haven't really done anything worth while. Everything is same ole same ole....I haven't really been on the computer for fun.....busy with reports. I am so stressed out right now. The money I'm supposed to get friom the VA hasn't come in yet and all these papers are driving me insane! But hey I better get used to it since I'm majoring in communications which means mucho mucho writing. Oh well, I'll keep yall posted. Bye! :wave:

PeachPit
Wed, Apr-16-03, 13:48
Hey! I'm new here, and I would love to join this challenge. I want to weight around 110 by June. I hope I can do this! I cheated today, and ate a bunch of Carbo.'s. Gosh...I'm really not good at this! How do you all do it?! It's so hard b/c I don't eat red meat, and I guess you could say I am a pretty picky eater. Any good snack ideas? Thanks! :D

StarDancer
Wed, Apr-16-03, 14:58
Hello ladies,

Sarabeth, sorry to hear you are having a hard time with papers, I am roughing it a little with final exams :help: at this time as well. Good luck with that :sunny:

Peachpit, welcome to our little "bikini club" ! :wave: We are all in this thing together, and you will find much support here, from many fabulous ladies :hyper:

Dont worry, I used to cheat a lot too, until I found motivation not to right here in our little circle.

I dont like red meat either, so I just stick to chicken and have the other stuff once in a while, when its prepared good.

Here are some other snack ideas, and you can choose to eat these things if you are on Atkins and find that they dont "stall" your weight loss". Some foods can in certain people, and i marked those with an *.

My personal snack favorites :

(1) cheese cubes (not too many in one day, and you should pick the fattier cheeses) *
(2) sugar free jello *
(3) ham roll ups, or other non processed cold cuts
(4) chicken pieces, they are even good cold
(5) chicken wings, made without sugary sauces, no barbecue sauce. these are delicious if you bake them crispy in the oven with herbs
(6) spoonful of peanut butter *(be careful about eating too much of this, especially when on induction) :daze:
(7) tuna, straight from the can, or with some regular mayo mixed in.
(8) chicken chicken and more chicken :roll: :thup: for chicken !!!
(9) sausages or weiners (once again, the processed ones contain carbs and nitrites which can hinder weight loss)

Good luck with reaching your goal. We are here for you if you need us :wave:

Carrie

PeachPit
Wed, Apr-16-03, 16:30
[/FONT] Hey! I've been looking at all of your stats. Wow.. you are all doing so well. I see that you are all seeing a lot of success going LC. How much weight did you all lose in your first 2 weeks? I am not doing induction b/c I only need to lose about 15 pounds, and since I'm so active I think it might now be healthy. I'm just staying around 60g carb./day. How much weight should I expect to lose in 2 weeks? Thanks everyone for your support, and best of luck! By the way.. I think that bikini in white would be so cute, and not at all see through. The material seems to be of a good quality! :wiggle:

Kaela
Wed, Apr-16-03, 17:09
Hello Ladies!!! :wave: How is everyone doing?? Sounds like there is a lot of school related stress going around, I hope it's not contagious! :eek: Don't worry 2befree, Carrie and Sara it'll be over before you know it. And then here comes the sun!! :sunny: And free time!! :wiggle:

PeachPit- I'm not sure how much I lost my first week. I had a lot of "first" weeks since I cheated so much!! :rolleyes: I've heard something like 5% of the weight you have to lose will be lost your first week. But I think it's different for everyone.

Okay, I have to call my friend. I'm watching her kid for her and there was a missunderstanding and now she's paying me less than 6$ an hour!!!! That's nothing! I feel a little awkward talking to her about it b/c she's my friend (she's 28) but it really is ridiculous. I have to drive like an hour to get home everyday form her house. Most nannies charge $10-12. How much should I ask for??

Okay, I'm going to go do some Algebra and Astronomy.

nitrovixen
Wed, Apr-16-03, 18:28
Hi gals!

Kaela, we are the same height and seem to be stuck at about the same spot... 143 is my comfortable weight but if I really try hard and not snack or eat sugar-free sweets I have made it down as low as 136. (Of course, that was my "one golden shot," now it's MUCH harder! :mad: The second time around LC'ing am down to 139 but keep seesawing back up if I step one toe out of line (and down if i go back to induction-style eating.)
I used to excercise at least 5 times a week and now only do abs.. that might be part of my problem! and drinking enough water is definitely not my forte!
I'm getting married in august and want to look stunning in my dress and breath-taking in a bikini on the honeymoon! So here goes...

Sheri

Kaela
Wed, Apr-16-03, 18:45
Hey Sheri! Don't worry, you will look so beautiful in your wedding dress. I'm sure you look beautiful now! ;)
We're almost at goal!! This is the time to kick it into high gear!! :hyper: I'd say definitley get some weight training and cardio back into your routine . And drink drink drink!!! Once you force yourself to for a few days it's easy to drink over 60oz. a day. Do you watch your calories? I've just started to last month. It's definitely working, along with weight training 2 x aweek and cardio on the other days. I don't do any abs. I guess I should.
Okay I'm going to go browsing the internet.
Hey have you picked out your dress yet?? Can you post a pic??
Welcome to the group by the way! :wave:

Loving It
Wed, Apr-16-03, 20:31
Wow! Hi Girls! Sounds like everyone has been doing really well! I have a question - maybe you guys can help me....
I am weighing in on Friday, I expect to weigh 125. How long do you think that it will take me to get to 115? (5'5")..... hmmm I am wondering about that.
AND . . . what does the "bikini crew" do when they are hungry??? Like at night when I am so hungry even though I know that I've eaten enough? Just go to bed? Hmmmm? :help:

HOW DO YOU SAY NO TO TEMPTATIONS LIKE CHOCOLATE? ahhhhhhhhhh :eek:

Kay guys, hang in there! :thup:

Deanna

P.S. I think that our crew needs to do a couple of things.....

1) each set a date for our goals

2) when that date comes - maybe we should email a picture to eachother - a little accountability to keep us on track!! whoa!! scary!!!

whatta you guys think?? :wave:

Kaela
Wed, Apr-16-03, 20:38
Hey Deanna! I think that's a great idea. I've set my goal for May 15th at 138- THat's a month to lose 5 lbs.
We should all put our goals in our sigs.

Is 115 a little low for 5'5''?? I don't know. It sounds a little low to me but I think you should use your best judgement, you know your body better than I do! What's your body fat percentage? When I'm hungry and I've already eaten a lot...(or I guess I should say when I have the *muchies* I go online, or drink some water or go to sleep if it's night time.

When I am craving chocolate I get a carbolite bar....just don't eat a lot of them or you'll be in the bathroom all night....hmmm Maybe I should try CarbDelite Bars instead.

I need to get a camera but I'd send you guys my pic after May 15th. That'll be some extra motivation. Or we could even post our pics online? What do you guys think?

2bfree
Wed, Apr-16-03, 20:49
Hey ya'll

I finally worked out :hyper: !!!! I have been so lazy lately, but that will change. I did 30 mins of cardio and 30 min on weights. Worked my thighs until they were screaming "what are you doing to us :stop: ?!?" I forgot how good I feel after I get in a good workout.

Alas, I think I might have done too much I was tired for most of the day. Oh well, my legs feel great.

Yes, I did lose 65 pounds plus more. I stopped weighting myself at 180, I was well above before I started losing. Let's see. First thing I did was eleminate all those carbs like bread and so on, I upped my fat, I eat somewhere between 90- 100 grams a day. Exercised on a daily basis, even if it was just 20-60 minuets a day walking, which is what I did for the first 50 pounds. It came off fairly quickly when I was exercising and very slooooow when I wasn't. Also I can't stress the water enough. The more water you drink, the more you will lose. Also it is necessary, because of the way we eat, to flush out the ketones that our bodies are producing. Everytime you think of that bikini, think beach, then water, then DRINK.

What is everyones major anyways? What schools are ya'll representing?

Take care,

nitrovixen
Wed, Apr-16-03, 21:26
Kaela,
Yes!! I bought my dress already! It's absolutely gorgeous.. dripping with beads and lace.. It's white with spagetti straps, a bustle in the back and a detachable train. I wish I could send a picture because it is beyond words! It was practically made for me! (I have to be careful because my fiance is milling around and he can't know what it looks like! ;)
but I definitely need to start working out again!

Deanna: I'm in your boat a lot of the time. I had Whitman's sugar free chocolates, Ross bars, Twist (well, still have that) and I finally had to get rid of it all! I made my fiance finish off the chocolates yesterday and purged myself of goodies! If I eat goodies I do not lose, so there was nothing to do but stop. You have to decide for yourself if good health and a great figure (all the time) are more important or 2 minutes of bliss eating a candy bar! That's what I have to remind myself when I want to cheat. Also goodies causes cravings for more goodies and more food so that is another one of my problems. It's like a landslide if I eat a few SF candies it's all over. Then it's onto nuts, cheese, Ross chocolate and peanut butter, etc. I also have to consciously control what and how much I eat or I gain. So I try to read a book, or watch tv, surf the net, draw, anything to keep my mind off food and my head out of the fridge! It seems to be all about self control for some of us.. Good luck!
Also, this way of life is unique to each of us, our rates of losing and what and how much we can eat are as different as the colors in the rainbow! When you get closer to goal the weight loss is slower too because you have less to lose and in most WOE you up your carbs towards the end to reach a lifetime maintenance stage. Hope this is helpful!

Grace- You inspired me to go get a glass of water right now.. :) Jeez, congrats on the major loss!!!

nitrovixen
Wed, Apr-16-03, 21:30
Kaela, I almost forgot. How do you get the picture in your sig?

2bfree
Wed, Apr-16-03, 22:06
Hey Deanna :wave:

I love your idea about setting a date and sending pictures. May 15 sounds good to me and if I can figure out how to post a pic I sure will do that.

Those night time munchies... I have always had a weakness for the snacks before bedtime. I try to eat a meal that is pretty high in fat for my last meal, like 70% fat and drink 4 cups of water with it. If I want a snack, I make herbal tea. If I'm still hungry, I eat string cheese :p.

StarDancer
Wed, Apr-16-03, 23:05
Hi girls,

I like the idea about posting pictures, but Im sooooo embarassed to post one now :blush: ... my belly is soo jigggly ... But i promise that I will post one before and one after picture , when I start to look good :daze:

Im majoring in electrical engineering at Queens University :cheer: , in Kingston Canada . Where is everyone else ?

LovingIt - in order to break free of temptations like chocolate (used to be my favorite thing in the world, but I can proudly say that I dont get cravings for it anymore, which helps) ... I just try to stay away from it when I see it, and dont ever keep any in my room. I dont visit the convenience store anymore either, cause I know that theres nothing for me in there anyhow. And I keep a bottle of water handy with me everywhere I go and just gulp it down to "fill" myself up. phewww... :roll: .

If I ever get a craving, I come here and read/post , it helps me say :nono: to illegal foods .

In terms of goals, I would like to weigh 125 lbs by the end of June. I have yet to discover if its possible.

May 15 - 155
May 30 - 145
June 15- 135
June 30 - 125
Hmmm.. this looks a lil unrealistic, but I did something at this late last year , and I will be doing an hour of cardio everyday at my old gym like I used to, so I have my fingers crossed.

Carrie

JuneBride
Wed, Apr-16-03, 23:22
Oh man, I didn't think I'd miss it!!!

Yesturday I passed out at work every time I stood up, and got the hiccups constantly, so I cheated all day :/ (I was worried...) Turns out my depo shots are draining me *literally!!* but I'll not go further into that *cough*

Anyway, turns out I got a big anemic (IT WAS SCARY) but found out all I have to do is eat more red meat and LOTS more water *bleh* I like soda :(

So that's my new food goal: cut WAY back on my diet coke.

And today L/C all the way :)

Also, I might take before and after pics of what I look like in my wedding dress :) It's a summer outside informal wedding (aka "the wedding we can't afford") and it just CLINGS to my butt!! Oy...must use my fanny lifter more, but I've had no energy--at least I know why I haven't!!!

Plus I worked 15 hours today...Just got home now and was home after running errands approximately an hour between 215 and 315. No time to exercise today...

Hopefully tomorrow. Long walk or fanny lifter :) 14 inch stair step...whoof!!

CONGRATS ON GETTING MARRIED!!!! We'll work our butts off together :)

My fiance has been so supportive lately *Swo0n* Every time I bring up that I lost weight he cheers :) and every time I feel like a fat cow *like now...sniffle* he tells me I'm already perfect, but not to give up because this is what I want for myself.

YAY!!!! I get to see him June 10th!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY :)

Ok...I should go play some Dynomite and hit the sack...

OH!! and I ordered my wedding ring today :) I'll post links to pics and whatnot later :)

and i'll try to write regularly :)

Kaela
Thu, Apr-17-03, 07:40
Hey JuneBrdie, your fiance sounds soooo sweet! That's awesome he's so supportive!! Are you still on Depo shots?? That's birth control right? I heard it's like the worst thing for losing weight. There is a woman in this forum who went off and had to deal with withdrawl and then she lost weight. I'm pretty sure it was depo shots. Her name is Kristine. Here's her website http://lowcarbcorner.diet-coach.com/
I hope that link works. Anyway make sure you take care of yourself! Eat that meat and drink water!!! We don't want you passing out on us.

Oh Carrie whats Canada like!? :yay: I think I want to go visit there!! I've heard it's awesome. :daizy:

Grace that's so cool. You're very inspiring!! **Kaela is thinking of water now**

water water water water water BIKINI BIKINI water water water lol

Okay, I'm gonna go on the treadmill now! Have a great day ladies, eat healthy and get in your workouts!! :wave:

nitrovixen
Thu, Apr-17-03, 12:27
Junebride: please do post pics! Do you have your dress picked out? I almost ordered one off ebay but I'm glad i didn't because I found out they run smaller than normal dresses.. phooey! They should make them bigger so we can feel better about it! ha ha
Sounds like you found a wonderful man! Congrats!!
May 15 sounds like a good date for a goal.. My goal will be 135! (Finger's crossed)

sheri

JuneBride
Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:04
NO KIDDING the dresses run smaller!!! She even gave me the measurements...granted, even with what I was at I needed to lose 1/2 from my butt....but in reality, I need to lose AT LEAST 3 INCHES!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo right now my measurement for hip area is this:

March (before any diets): 46"
April 15 (thereabouts): 45"

o0o I had an idea...

We should keep measurement sizes once a week...If you don't feel comfortable telling everyone your inches, just keep track of them yourself and every week post how much you lost or (hopefully never unless in a good way) gained.

And I just started using this Avon thigh/butt shrinking cream...there's not enough in there for 8 weeks worth with my mother and myself sharing it.

Ooooook, must find measuring tape. Be back later :) Need a nap too!!!

Here's my dress: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15723&item=2817489439&rd=1

nitrovixen
Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:34
Oh my god, that dress is GORGEOUS!!! I love vintage-look clothing and that one is really something! I would have been tempted to buy that one if I saw it!
All the dresses I thought I liked off the internet didn't turn out to be the ones I liked in person. I pictured a big cinderella ball gown and I ended up liking the fitted dresses better. My hips are a little tight in my dress so that's something for me to work on..

measurements as of 4/17/03: 37-27-37.5 (hard to be accurate)

my measurements aren't changing much anymore but initially I was 38-29-39” when I first started LC'ing. so have lost a few inches! I went back to high carb at christmas and the weight and inches came creeping back on, so here I am again! (practice makes perfect, right?) I've dropped from a size 10-12 to a size 6-8, so that really feels good! It's amazing what a few inches difference makes. Unfortunately I have very large bones so a lot of stuff dosn't fit around my broad shoulders! There is no way to change that which sucks. Now if there was only a way to lose 4 sizes off my feet..

2bfree
Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:45
I'm definatly going to buy some measuring tape. I do not seem to show any loss on the scale, but my clothes get smaller. I know I don't have much to lose, but ALL of the extra weight is in my butt :rolleyes:

Carrie, if you do cardio for an hour everyday, you are going to lose ALOT of weight. Some people suggest doing weight training, which I hate, but since I have started, the inches are dropping so quickly. Muscle burns more calories,and it's favorite food is the dreaded body fat :thup: !!!!!! Love the dress, by the way.

Hell, it seems like everyone is getting married!!!! Please, I can't even find a decent boyfriend. :lol:

Oh, I go to the University of Memphis, accounting major. What about everyone else? If your not in school where do you guys work?

StarDancer
Thu, Apr-17-03, 23:20
Hello girls ,

or should I say , :roll: bikini poster-girls .. :roll:

I have great news from my little Atkins corner : I convinced my mom to restart Atkins !!!! :Party: She's now in her third day , and is not feeling as discouraged as she was the last time she tried it. Yay for my mum !!! :clap:

JuneBride, that is a really beautiful dress : Its quite unique and you will look astounding :dazzle: in it ! You are lucky to have such a supportive fiancee as well :)

2bfree, I also did weight training "back then" but thought I might stop since my thighs and arms have gotten a bit too, uhhh, unfeminine... I guess I didnt really know how to tone, and built them up a tad more than I liked. Im going to do it right this time :p lol

Kaela, on behalf of Canada, and to answer your question, I have to say that its a great place in its own way . There are lots of things to do here , even though the winter does last 6 months. :daze: But I prefer warm environments, so Im planning to move to Australia at some point in my life :D

WATER WATER WATER WATER BIKINI WATER WATER. That is a great idea Grace !

Take care kids, once I get home I will take a before picture (starting now) and take my measurements - exams are preventing me from doing anything of the sort now

Buh bye !! :wave:

JuneBride
Thu, Apr-17-03, 23:46
Nitrovixen:

Can we trade places?? Tell you what...I'll be your measurements and you can...um....

nah, i wouldn't wish my measurements on anybody.

:/ makes me jealous.

And everyone, don't swoon over the dress too much. I tried it on tonight and I just want to bawl...I need to lost a lot more in my butt/thigh region so I've been doing squats/lunches/butt clenches and my stair step...hopefully will start doing cardio this week...but my mom said if i work my butt too much instead of getting smaller it will get bigger!!!

DON'T LET IT BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!1 :eek:

JuneBride
Thu, Apr-17-03, 23:47
and I cheated badly today :( 1/2 small bag of *real* buttered popcorn at the theatre and a bag of peanut butter M&M's...

now I REALLY want to bawl :(

I feel like frump girl... :cry:

JuneBride
Fri, Apr-18-03, 00:50
OH, I just thought of something to kick chocolate cravings :) and if you make it in SMALL amounts you should have no trouble with binging on bad stuff.

1/4 to 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tsp splenda *or other sweetener*
2-3 tsp no sugar pudding (I use chocolate)

Put everything in a bowl and beat it for a few minutes until it's frosting-like...eat some then, or put straight into freezer for *VERY* hard icecream (will need some thawing before eating)

haven't figured out carb count yet, but REALLY hits the spot for those cravings...

Say Hi 2 M
Fri, Apr-18-03, 06:25
HEy whats up everyone,
Im glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Unfourtanetly im not.... i weighed myself after 4 weeks of not weiging myself i lost 1 pound OMG..... im sooooo upset, i never cheated, and i am still on induction..... i dont eat any artificial sugars like jello bars or shakes and i have a little bit of splenda once in a while and i drink soooo much water and i jog everyday for an hour .. Girls help....... Now my goal seems impossible I dont know what else i could do....
Deesire <3 :wave:

sarabeth
Fri, Apr-18-03, 07:27
Desiree,
Maybe you're gaining muscle. It weighs more, but it's more dense, thus you lose inches and not pounds. No need to worry...you'll get back to losing weight again in no time! As for me, I'm gonna start using weights to help me. I go to therapy 3 times a week because of torn ligaments in my shoulder and hand, so I do weight training there so I won't go into muscle degeneration and I think on the days I don't go I'll do the weight. I'm still walking and jogging around Lake Mayer and that gets difficult in Savannah since it gets so hot! But I'm gonna try to stick to it. I haven't weighed so I have no idea if I've lost anything. I think I'm gonna set the goal of 195 at Sunday....it's only 3 pounds....right? If I don't reach it, there's always the next week. I hope everyone is doing well and not stessing like me. The good thing though is that now instead of stress eating which I used to do, I drink water instead. It's so much better (even if you have to use the bathroom more) and if I don't have water, I feel all sluggish and stuff. Oh! Whoever said that they're anemic....I am too. I had a terrible withdrawal when I got off of sugar and I found out in september that I was anemic so I have to be careful or I'll pass out. That hasn't happened much to me though....I've only passed out twice since september which is pretty good. Oh well, I gotta go. I'll post later though. Bye! :wave:

Kaela
Fri, Apr-18-03, 08:07
Hello Bikini Beauties!! :) How is everyone??

NitroVixen- Is that you in the Revengers link thing on your sig? If it is you then you are gorgeous!!!!( If its not you then you are probablly gorgeous still, I have just never seen you!) I :rheart: your pic of Jessica rabbit!

StarDancer- Hello! Thasts so cool that you 've motivated your mom. I convinced my boyfriend's mom to do Atkins instead of getting her tummy stappled smaller :eek: That's SO DANGEROUS!!!!!!! My dad is the one who introduced me to LC but he hasn't stayed with it. Maybe when I get to goal he'll understand that it works!

JuneBride- That recipe sounds reeeeeallly good :yum: Your dress is so beautiful! I love vintage stuff. Is that victorian style? Don't worry you'll be able tofit and if it's a little snug can't you get it tailored??
Don't give up! You're doing great!! :there: You're NOT frump Girl!! but you are funny lol. I feel like frump girl a lot too!
As far as squats and stuff amking your legs bigger I think it might make them a little bigger at first (like a quarter inch) because your muscles hold water in them. But how often do you do weight training? Maybe you'd feel better if you saw a personal trainer? That might help a lot!! Also, you could try the Candida diet or my version of it which is : Chicken mostly, some other meat,( No sausage or bacon,) Eggs, green veggies brocoli, spinach, etc, Plain, whole milk whole fat yogurt sweetened with Stevia (this is my sweet treat ;) ) You can get Stevia at a vitamin or health food store. It won't stall you either. And Olive Oil to cook everything in. And lots of water. I promise you will lose a lot of waight on this diet! It's very natural adn very healthy and fills you up and olive oil is sooooo good!!
Don't worry You can do this! Just concentrate on being healthy and happy!

Deesire- THE SCALE IS SATAN!!!! DO NOT USE IT!!! :devil:

THIS IS TO EVERYBODY! STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF THE SCALE CAN BE WRONG FOR AMNY DIFFERENT REASONS

1) WATER WEIGHT (FROM MUSCLES AFTER WORKING OUT, FOOD {a meal can cause 5-10 pounds of water weight!!!} PMS, PERIOD, TOO MUCH SALT, NOT ENOUGH WATER

Wait I guess all that was more than just 1 !!! lol Well, use measurements. They are the only thing that matters!! Trust me ;)

I've decided not to measure or weigh myself until May 15th. So here are my stats today and then thats it for a month.

Weight: 143

waist: 26"
belly: 28"
hips: 34.5"
Thickest part of thigh: 23"
bicep: 11.6"

I measure at different place for my things (mid thigh) and hips (hip bone) so they're higher than before but that's okay :)

May 15th Goals:

Weight: 135-138

waist: 24-25"
belly:26-27"
hips: 33"
thigh: 21"
bicep: 10-11 "

Okay ladies. Everyone have a great day!! Stay strong we CAN do this! Bye :wave:

Say Hi 2 M
Fri, Apr-18-03, 08:26
Hey,
Thanks Kalea and everyones else you guys are such sweethearts now i feel a little better. I took my measuremnts here they r, they r quite embarresing...
Waist- 27
belly- 30
hip- 37
Thigh-26
Bicep- 11
My goal for may is to just lose weight and inches i dont even want to set numbers so im not disappointed.... Well anyway girls good luck to everyone and thanks for the support..
Deesire <3 :wave:

Say Hi 2 M
Fri, Apr-18-03, 08:34
Hey,
Maybe i should go on candida diet????? Maybe then i would lose some weight kalea what do you think????
Deesire <3

nitrovixen
Fri, Apr-18-03, 10:13
Hi girls!
I have to make this short because my fiance and I are about to leave for a special weekend trip to the beach! :D
(Too cold to wear a bikini yet, though!)

Junebride: don't get discouraged! The only reason I have the measurements I do is because I really put my foot down and decided I was going to do this! I have a feeling I would be twice as big if I hadn't ! And don't worry about cheating a couple times.. it's bound to happen. I stopped for 3 months and then went right back on (the weight is harder to lose now but it is coming off) and when I restarted LC'ing I couldn't stop cheating. but as time went on I re-prioritized and decided what was most important. So hang in there!
Your chocolate treat sounds good! (I copied it into my recipe book!) I like to cut cream cheese into little squares and roll them in jello or pudding powder and eat them very cold or frozen.. I found the recipe on this site i think. it helps quelch the sweet tooth without causing major damage!

Deesire: don't panic!! The same thing happened to me. Concentrate on how you feel instead.. and how your clothes feel. My stupid scale causes me more heartache than any man ever could! You're doing a great job, keep it up!

Kaela, yes that's me! Thanks!!!

time to go.. take care girls!
Sheri

StarDancer
Fri, Apr-18-03, 11:20
Hi girls ! :wave:

If any one of you is worrying becaue the "pounds" are not coming off, Kaela put it quite nicely: the scale is truly the devil.

What I do, is i measure myself according to a pair of pants once a week, and see how the fit changes. Once I fit into them loosely, I know that I will be around halfway there. Use a piece of "TARGET" clothing to do the same. :)

JuneBride, don't worry, everyone cheats once in a while, but you just have to jump back into the game and keep going. You WILL look lovely in your dress, and I think that you can fit into it, or at least enough so that its snug or requires just a bit of tailoring if possible :p I had to have that done to an old prom dress that I needed to wear again last month to a wedding :roll:

PS: I HATE EXAMS !!!! :mad:
PPS: You guys are the BEST support group ever ! Yay for our ladies !!! :cheer:
Good luck everyone, remember that July and all our goals are fast approaching :spin: Take care,

Carrie

Say Hi 2 M
Fri, Apr-18-03, 11:33
Hey girls,
OKay im analyzing my diet and results... and i have decided im going to switch around a little.... Kalea i need your help.. i was reading and thinking that chicken and green veggies and yogurt would be a good alternative.... can you please give me some info about it, i want to start as soon as possible... Thankx and good luck to everyone i just think that for me individually the extra fat i have been eating like mayo butter bacon etc.... is taking its toll...
Deesire<3 :wave:

2bfree
Fri, Apr-18-03, 12:42
Hey girls!!!:wave: How is everybody?

Desiree, I know sometimes this WOE can be frustrating cause you hear so much different advice on calories and fat and protien :daze: . Why don't you post a typical days menu so we can see what's goin on there...

Kaela, I've been meaning to ask you the same question about the Candida thing. I've already started eating yogurt, but I would like to start supplements. What about olive oil, is there a minimum requirement or something...

Sheri!!!! Girl, you look amazing :p .

We are about to start finals, too and I am already in a panic. Lord, I should be used to this by now.

PS:What in the world is a frump girl??

StarDancer
Fri, Apr-18-03, 15:12
Hello all :spin: ,

Desiree, I think that I heard that fats which are solid at room temperature (like butter, margarine, and any trans-fats (those hydrogenated things) are no good for Atkins diet. Maybe that is why you are not losing weight as fast as youd like ? You mentioned that you eat butter. I never did on Atkins, and didnt have a problem.

Grace had a good idea about you posting a daily menu so we can try to help you figure out what is going on .

Good luck with that ,

Carrie :daze:

JuneBride
Fri, Apr-18-03, 16:10
Frump girl is like...you feel chubby :/ not necessarily fat, but chubby...which is worse than feeling fat.

sarabeth
Fri, Apr-18-03, 20:22
Hey everyone....I'm too embarassed to put my stats up quite yet, but I will soon....I don't think I lost anything this week, I hope I did because I've been exercising really alot now (don't say anything about my grammar...I'm tired) adn hopefully it'll pay off....well I'll post when I'm more alert and know what I'm saying. Bye :wave:

Kaela
Fri, Apr-18-03, 23:20
LOL Sara you're funny! I was too tired to post but if you can gave it a shoot then do it I can too :daze:
Sara I'm sure that you are losing! Congratulations on exercising it's so important and it helps reshape your body

Frump Girl attacked me today but I didn't mind.

Carrie you're right hydrogenated stuff is bad for you.

Deesire & Grace: The Candida Diet

First of all, do you guys think you might have Candida? If you do then there are some supplements you should take. Let me know if you think you have it. You can go to the Candida Yeast thread here and there are links to sites that have self tests for it. Or if you find a woman "named" M1whowaits, she has a link on her sig.

The diet varies but for me: NO CHEESE. NO CREAM CHEESE (except that one time I messed up :blush:, NO NUTS CASHEWS PISTACHIOS, NO BREAD OR SUGAR (duh), NO SAUCES NOTHING THAT HAS BEEN FERMENTED (Vingegar, Soy Sauce, Mayonaise) NO MUSHHROOMS, NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS (including splenda, BUT Stevia is good for you, it's a little bitter if you use too much at first I didn't like it alot but now I love it.) No pickled foods, sausage, smoked meat, bacon, hot dogs, corned beef, pastrami, ham, peanut butter
Watch for pre packaged foods that contain sugar or yeast.
Some diets say certain beans and grains are okay, but they are not low carb so I kept them out.
You CAN eat:
Yogurt- BUT IT HAS TO BE whole Milk, WHole fat, Plain yogurt with live cultures in it. This is so the cultres eat up almost all the sugars so instead of the 14g on the label there is only 4g. Dannon Plain or Stoney field Plain are two brands I know of. Dannon is my fav.

Lots of water.

Olive oil, use as much as you want it's very very good for you and it's so yummy on vegetables.

Basically all low carb vegetables, antelope, beef, buffalo, chicken, cornish ham, duck, goose, game birds, veal, venison, eggs, fish, brazil nuts, pine nuts, macademia nuts, sesame and sunflower seeds, spices
Benefiber I put it in my yogurt :yum:

Go to www.wholeapproach.com for the complete list. Whoa I should've just put that link there before writing all that stuff!! lol :doah:
If you don't have cnadida you probably dno't have to be as strict. This is just what I'm doing and it's wokring so far and I'm sure it will make anyone lose weight. You feel pretty full since you're eating lots of protein and veggies and fiber really fill you up too. I hope this helps :)

Sheri- Bye :wave: Have fun on your trip!!

Okay, good night ladies!

Say Hi 2 M
Sat, Apr-19-03, 17:58
Hey girls,
First thanking everyone for responding and keeping me on track...
A daily menu of mine beofre today was as follows...
Breakfeast: 2 eggs fried
Lunch: serving of meat and lettuce and cumcumber about 1 1/2 cups ethier with mayo or olive oil
Dinner: A little meat or chicken or bacon salad
Snack- 1 slice of cheese occasionaly about 2 times a week
I use splenda sparringly and drink about half a cup of diet rite...

Today i decided to try Kaleas diet (Thanx girl)
Breakfast- a cup of full fat yogurt and 1 packet splenda
Lunch- Chicken and cumcumber and lettuce with olive oil
Dinner- 6 macodameia nuts
Drank SOOOOO much water

So im going to stick to Kaleas plan for a while and hopefully get results...
Girls you guys r the best ... Keep going and doing what you do....
Deesire <3

Kaela
Sat, Apr-19-03, 22:26
I'm glad you're trying the diet Deesire, it'll definitely work :)

Oh my god! I'm so pissed off right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wallet and cell phone were just stolen!!!!!! Stupid m~th%$ f*c%ers!! I left my purse in the theater adn when I ran back to get it the security guy gave me it back- Only it was empty! I had $60 dollars, my credit card, $200 brand new cell phone, license, prom pictures, pics of friends, and this fortune cookie thing that me and my boyfriend got on one of our first dates 2 years a go and we promised we'd keep them forever :( Those people suck!!!!!!!! :mad: Grrr..... now I gotta replace everything adn I'm already really low on funds :mad: They suck!!!

Ok I just had to rant. Sorry. I think I'm definitely ready for bed now. Keep an eye on your valubles ladies! Too bad fannie packs aren't in fashion anymore!! Ok, good night. :)

StarDancer
Sat, Apr-19-03, 23:57
Hi girls :wave:

Deesire, good luck with your Candida diet, let us know if you see any difference in your progress :idea:

Awwwww poor Kaela ! :eek: Some people really are a**h*les !!! Its too bad that you lost those fortune cookie things - I would just die :( ... make sure you get your credit card cancelled right away though ! :eek:
I guess the rest you can just replace ... although it is a pain. I dont think Ive ever had a wallet stolen before, but I hope you dont feel too badly over it :there:

Do you guys find that school related stress makes you crave sweets more ? I find that for me, its not the case. But I do crave filling foods like creamy mushroom chicken breasts .... :yum:

Before I started Atkins (the second time round) , I quit eating sugar, like candies, baked goods, donuts, cakes, ice cream etc. I did that for a month or so, and the cravings went away completely. Then I started the full out Atkins and found that it was easier since I was already off sugar in the pure form .

But university cafeteria is still NOT allowing me to do this properly :mad: , since basically the meats are slathered in some kind of sauce normally, or breaded.... and the veggies all somehow contain carrots .... bad bad carrots. I am trying my best to avoid the evil CARB, but once I get home in just FIVE days , I will do it PROPERLY . I cant wait !!! You guys are just full of helpful advice too :thup:

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Poor Dr. Atkins passed away on Thursday. He was 72 years old and died of severe head trauma. He had been walking to work when he slipped on ice and hit his head, which caused the injury.

It feels right to pray for Dr. Atkins' restful repose .....

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Carrie

nitrovixen
Sun, Apr-20-03, 16:47
Ugh.. I typed a big long message and my computer locked up!! ARGH! :mad:

Kaela-that SUCKS that your stuff got stolen! My purse along with cell phone, wallet, credit/debit card, MAC makeup (that stuff doesn't come cheap) and a bunch of other irreplacable personal stuff got stolen not too long ago when I was trying on a pair of shoes. It makes you sick to think someone would do that, because I would NEVER do that to somebody. :mad: I think I was most upset about the purse itself.. it was SO CUTE and perfect and I got tons of compliments on it and I could never find another just like it. I began to wonder if one of the girls who complimented me on it took it!

Anyway, I was bad on vacation, :devil: and now I'm getting right back on track, so it's ok. it'll set me back a little but I've been so good it's ok.

Sounds like all you are doing great though!! Hooray! :cheer:

I'm gonna try and attach a pic or two of my wedding dress for Junebride. Hope it works!

Sheri

nitrovixen
Sun, Apr-20-03, 16:49
one more: The low resolution does not do it justice.. they were taken straight off a digital video camera.

sheepish1
Sun, Apr-20-03, 17:29
the other day i bought a bikini that i would never wear b4...i am so pumped for summer this yr...i hope to reach my goal by at least the middle of may... :rolleyes: that would be really awesome...btw i am almost 18...yah bday is in about 2 weeks...yay! i know i can do it jus needa stay motivated... :cheer:

-Danielle

2bfree
Sun, Apr-20-03, 18:29
Kaela, I am so sorry to hear that your things got stolen. I tell you, peoples lack of conscience makes me wonder sometimes. It would really eat me up if I were to do something like that.

One time that happened to me. I left a sweater with some money in it and was almost to the car when I realized I had left it in my seat. As I was RUNNING back into the theater, I saw this woman laughing, talking to her friend, and lo and behold she had MY sweater in her hand. Boy, something took over me when I saw her fauning over her new prize. When I walked up to her and said"That's MY sweater" she looked at me like :eek: and was like "here you go". I snatched that sh** out of her grasp so fast she didn't know what to say. A movie had just gotten out and boy was she humiliated. They'll get theirs, girl.

School type stress makes me crave sweets big time, and I find it extremely easy to give in to those urges because I am doing something "good" :rolleyes: . I will rationalize my way through a candy bar with that frame of mind. When I find classes are really kicking my butt, I actually have to LEAVE my room and go to the library or else I'll eat whatever is in my path(lowcarb though). My weakness was always sweets. That mushroom chicken sure does sound good though.

What part of Ontario do you live in, Carrie? I've been to Orangeville and it sooo beautiful. I am probaly going back pretty soon if things work out for me.

Sheri, your dress is very pretty and looks really good on you. I love the beaded detail on top.

Welcome, Danielle :wave:

Anyhow, I have a crappy management test that I am supposed to be studying for as I type :( .

Talk to you girls later, and keep up the good work!!!!

sarabeth
Sun, Apr-20-03, 20:27
Hey Kaela, I'm sorry your stuff got stolen...if it makes you feel any better, my ex stole my class ring and them moved out of state! Now that sucks! Anyways...yeah stress gives me mucho mucho cravings, especially for sugar....I just get some sugar free reeses and eat like 1or 2 and I'm set. Thos things are sooo good!! So how was everyone's Easter? I weighed myself this morning...I lost 1 pound...not bad I guess. I think it's because I'm starting to gain muscle. Oh well, I gotta go. I'll post later....bye! :wave:

StarDancer
Sun, Apr-20-03, 20:44
Hi girls, :wave:

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend. :) I know that I havent really , due to not being able to be at home since its the middle of exams. Poooeeey :rolleyes:

Grace, I would feel sooooo angry seeing someone all proud over having found a belonging of mine. :mad: Way to go for showing that woman who took it !!! :thup: I live in the GTA (greater Toronto area) , which would be a few hours away from Orangeville. I cant say that Ive been there (Orangeville) to compare, but I think the the Muskoka area is the most beautiful part of Ontario. Actually, Ontario is really pretty in the summer time mostly, there is lots and lots of greenery and always something to do - like festivals, camping, hiking, etc. My boyfriends' twins' girlfriend lives in Muskoka, so we will all be heading up north for a summer vacation sometime soon . :roll:

Sheri, your dress is really pretty, I love the veil that you have on too. It makes it just that much more elegant. :)

Sara, keep up the good work :thup: , Im happy you are gaining muscle at the same time as getting lean :thup: :thup: :thup:

and lastly, welcome Danielle !!! :wave: Doesnt it feel good knowing that you are on your way to being able to wear that one thing you've always wanted to wear ??

Take care,

Carrie

JuneBride
Mon, Apr-21-03, 00:38
Ok, a few things:

THEATRE STEALINGS: I work at a movie theatre and people CONSTANTLY forget things...we clean every theatre as soon as it gets out, to try to minimize the amount of crap stolen, but sh*t happens. So I'm REALLY sorry your stuff got stolen :/ but I'm glad you weren't a jerk about it. This one woman had $40 stolen out of her purse at a 9 o'clock showing (one of the last shows of the night) so it was myself and this girl I work with closing. She yelled at US because SHE forgot her purse, then basically accused us of stealing it!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

ok, rant over.

Sherri: GORGEOUS dress!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the wedding we can afford :) I want a beautiful poofy dress. *sniffs sadly...*

And today I NEARLY cheated...I had a reeses peanut butter egg (the tiny ones...) and just chewed it and savored the taste....then I was gross and spit it out in a napkin *LOL* made me feel better, though :)

Otherwise I had 1 1/2 cheeseburger patties, 3 hotdogs, and a crapload of sunflower seeds today...in the shell, so I have to work to pig out on 'em :)

Didn't lose a pound. In fact, I'm back up to 192 :( BUT NO FRUMP GIRL, D*MNIT!!! I REFUSE!!!

I need to find time to exercise, though...all I did from morning to night today was WORK WORK WORK...bleh.

I'm fighting the peanut-butter monster craving I'm having right now and think I'll just go lay down in bed and read instead...yes. sounds good. :)

GOODNIGHT LADIES!!!!

-lex

JuneBride
Mon, Apr-21-03, 00:39
btw: he's so hot. *swoon*

JuneBride
Mon, Apr-21-03, 00:46
I just had a thought...

Tomorrow I'm going to run to Ben Franklin and pick out the prettiest journal I possibly can!! I always have a bag with me, so I can always have my journal along wherever I go.

Any food I eat will go right in there....along with any cravings, why I think I have the cravings...and just basically my mood or anything at all I want to put in there.

I think that could really benefit anyone doing this diet!! If we keep track of what we're eating and how we're feeling or just...have an outlet right on the spot whenever we need it, I think (at least in my case) I'd be more pumped to not cheat and exercise and have it on record exactly how awesome (or lazy...) I'm being :)

Ok...inspiration over...*L* MUCH too tired to keep this up

Kaela
Mon, Apr-21-03, 06:48
Welcome Danielle! Whats the bikini look like? I bet it's extra motivation now that you have it. Hmmm.... maybe I should just get mine now?

NitroVixen- Your dress is so pretty! You look fabulous in it!

Grace- HA!! I'm glad that lady got what she deserved!

Fight those cravings Lex!! ( I had 2 cookies yesterday 15carbs but that was all the carbs I had all day)

Okay, I think I'm PMSing!! :eek: Okay, I have to go get ready for a big test :( Astronomy is hard.

Hvae a great day ladies! Stay strong! water, bikini, water water water water bikini bikini water

Say Hi 2 M
Mon, Apr-21-03, 10:37
Hey girls,
Whats going on.... LOL im in a good mood so im not going to weigh myself to put me in a bad mood .... Anyway sticking to my candida diet even though i dont think I have candida... Had some yogurt in the morning and some fish just now ... One problem though i cannot stomach olive oil YUCKKKKK i am going to use vegetable oil instead hope that dosent go against any rules... Ohh macadameia nuts are soooo yummy wow .... i had like 10 yesterday mmm mmmm good..... Anyway whats going on with everyone.. Kalea im sorry about the whole stealing think i got jumped n robbed on my birthday in january .... That was baddd... but anway the weather is so nice i went jogging this morning and i cant wait till summer...
Deesire
<3 :wave:

Kaela
Mon, Apr-21-03, 11:02
Hey Deesire! I'm glad the diet is going good. Just please make sure the yogurt is Whole Fat, whole milk, PLAIN with live cultures (Dannon is a good brand) or else it will probably have too much sugar. I think Veg. oil is ok, or you could try grape seed oil that's really good.
That sucks that some a$$holes jumped you. People are so retarded!

I'm on my break after school before work- I just ran on the treadmill but my shin muscles feel really tight. Anyone know how to stretch your shins??

TOM is here!! I like that because when TOM leaves there is always a whoosh and hopefully that means I weigh less than 143, although the inches are what I really care about. Okay have a good day ladies! :wave:

sarabeth
Mon, Apr-21-03, 11:58
Mmmm....Brandon Boyd....HOT MAN!! That's enough motivation right there for me to lose weight.....he's beautiful

JuneBride
Mon, Apr-21-03, 19:17
GAH I cheated and had a few bites of a blizzard from DQ :( But I bought my journal today (with a key...just in case...) AND

I went to Victoria's Secret...I got one of those butt/thigh sucker-inner thingies...

AND MY DRESS FITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to get this Digital Cam to work...it's still kinda tight, but not NEARLY as bad as it was :) WO00000 HOOOOOO0000!!!!!!

I blew my carbs for today...but you know what...I FIT IN MY DRESS SO I DON'T CARE I'LL START AGAIN TOMORROW WO0!!!!!

Kaela
Tue, Apr-22-03, 07:49
YAY!!! Junebride thats awesome!! :cheer: :cheer: I bet you're so happy :) I can't wait to see the pics!
Don't worry, it was just one bite. Just don't do it again!
I think I had about 40 carbs yesterday :( WHOOPS!! oh well todays a new day.

So how is everyone doing? Is May 15th our next official goal date?? I'm going to be working my a$$ off, literally! ;)
I just woke up and I'm about to go do a Firm weight training tape. I'm so stiff still, ugh....

Okay ladies, I'm off to get "Firm".. I hope everyone has a great day! Summer is right around the corner!! :sunny:

Kaela
Tue, Apr-22-03, 08:55
Okay, I just did the Firm video. But I don't feel like it was that good of a workout, I hardly sweat. Do you guys do weights? Does it matter if your sweating or not? I have to admit I'm scared to end up with big muscles! I already have big arms and legs but I'm pretty sure thats from fat not muscles I just don't want to not lose fat and get big muscles then I'd just look bigger. I know they say it's almost impossible for women to get "big" but still I'm all neurotic about it!
Okay, I'm going to do homework before class. See ya ladies! :wave:

Say Hi 2 M
Tue, Apr-22-03, 09:57
Hey,
Whats up .... ...Kalea i do a toning video with weights also and i don't sweat ethier but i think it helps you lose inches since muscles are more compact than fat and muscles burn fat. Anway i do eat the Plain full fat yogurt the Dannon brand ... it has no added sugar right???.. So our next goal is May 15th .... Anyway just checking in on everyone....
Deesire :wave:

nitrovixen
Tue, Apr-22-03, 10:13
hi girls!!
Just checking in for a sec.. I'm on break at work.
Thanks for all the nice comments on my dress!!

CONGRATS Lex on fitting into your dress!! Woohoo! :thup: :D
That's just awesome!

Kaela, wow lady! You must be in wicked shape because the Firm tapes kick my ass big time.. I think weight training helps firm muscles and melt fat. I wouldn't worry too much about getting too buff.. I think you have to suppliment to do that. I could be wrong. You'll look like a Nike model!

ok, gotta go :wave:

Sheri

StarDancer
Tue, Apr-22-03, 15:57
Hi girls :wave: ,

JuneBride, Im sooo happy for you that your dress fits !!!! Way to go girl, I knew you could do it !!! :cheer:

Kaela, I know how you feel about weight training, but like we've already mentioned, having muscle tone helps burn fat . Muscles burn fat even when youre not working out, and they also help to keep it off in the long run. If you dont want to get BIG, then you should do simple weight training using lighter weights, with more repetitions. You should read up on this in the Exercise sections of this forum, there are some experts there that will help you out.
All i know is that I was like you not wanting to lift weights, but the personal trainer at my gym convinced me to do light weight lifting and it helped lose weight faster. :p And the bonus is that you get to look toned and fit, not bulky or muscular. I hope that helps :spin: Actually, fitness trainers highly recommend a balance of weight training and cardio for those who want to lose weight and get toned (aka SEXY) (not bulky). :thup: :thup: :thup:

Im feeling heaps miserable :( today because my algebra final exam kicked my a**. Ive decided after these finals and after first year engineering that engineering is simply not for me... what do you guys think of switching faculties if you are unhappy and not doing well ? I mean, my head is always stuck in the books :read: , but I dont seem to be getting it :confused: and I think that another route would be better. Im thinking law (that was my original plan years ago)... but law school requires 3 years completed with high marks in ANY faculty to be admitted. But my marks are so lousy here !!! HELP !!! :help: What to do ?

I think that by May 15th, I will have some photos (before and after) for you girls since Ill be at home.

Keep up the efforts, the rewards are just round the corner
:yay:

Carrie

JuneBride
Tue, Apr-22-03, 19:22
I don't see any problem switching...what you should do is sit down without any distractions and think about what makes you genuinely happy. Then try to find a job that fits that category...

I wanted to be a psychologist, then realized I like people but I have enough problems of my own, so I decided I'll start with massage therapy and maybe do some Art Therapy down the line...we'll see.

I say do what makes you happy but doesn't necessarily make you money.

as for The Firm: IT KILLS ME!!!! granted, I've only done the fanny lifter tape...but 10 minutes of that and I'm on the floor gasping for breath!!! I'm going to try the cardio tape later this week...GOD I need to figure out an exercise routine...bleh. I'll find time later :wink:

So far so good today...not nearly enough fiber so I'm planning on a huge serving of cheesy broccoli with dinner *yay* I need to go get some of those fiber pill suplements...I'm getting a little..."backed up" *boo!!*

If nothing else I'll do some squats/lunges tonight.

Good luck everyone :) WE ROCK!!!

-lex

JuneBride
Tue, Apr-22-03, 19:23
PS: My goal for May 15th: 185 LBS!!!! (currently at 191)

JuneBride
Tue, Apr-22-03, 19:26
AND I FORGOT!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GETTING A NEW ENGAGEMENT RING!!!!!!!!!!!! The one i have is more of a "promise" type ring...(cheap, but pretty :) )

So my mom told me today if I wanted to, I could have my grandmother's engagement ring and just get a new setting for it...So I talked it over with Dan, and we decided we'd take the middle diamond out of my promise ring and put a garnet in there (it has 3 mini diamonds in the whole ring...)

Then for my engagement ring, put the mini diamond, a garnet, and the 1/2 KARAT (OMG) together somehow...

OFF I GO TO FIND A SETTING!!!!!!!! WO0!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaela
Tue, Apr-22-03, 20:15
That's cool Lex! Hey maybe you can put up a pic of it? I think 185 is a good goal.

Carrie- Sorry about the exam. I had to take Intermediate Algebra again b/c I got a D and needed a C. It sucks.
I think you should definitely change your major. That's what college is for! Lex is right, sit down and think of what you love to do.

I'm in sucha good mood. I just had my "date" with super man (smallville) even though he dosn't know were dating, (or that I exist!) Next week he gets NAKED!!!! :cheer: They don't show everything, maybe some cheek. But I think it's cool b/c they NEVER show half naked guys on T.V., only half naked girls and it should be equal! The show needs help with the writing though.

I'm drinking 100 oz water a day. But today looks like only 80 oz. I can't wait till I get to goal! Before I used to have such a weird relationship with food. I used it as a way of dealing with boredom and when I was sad. But now I feel different. I know that food is fuel for my body and that's it. And I'm starting to appreciate my body for all the stuff it can do. I was at the movies the other day and I was thinking about my thighs and how big they are and how they are covered in cellulite and then I looked up and saw this woman walking with a cane in front of me and she only had one leg. It made me wake up and realize that I am very very very lucky to have my body and I should be proud of it and use it every way I can :)

Okay Bikini Babes!! I'm gonna go to sleep now! Bye :wave:

Kaela
Tue, Apr-22-03, 20:19
Okay what do you guys think of this one? I'd get a string bottom though. Is it to obviously padded and push up??

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodlgvw/V127163.jpg

JuneBride
Wed, Apr-23-03, 22:16
WOW!!! That's GORGEOUS :) GO FOR IT!!!!

I went overboard today *bleh me*

I had my tupperware party at my boss' house *long story...* so I brought the dessert: Angel food cake, vanilla ice cream, strawberry topping, and whipped cream.

BUT I DIDN'T TOUCH ANY OF IT :) I WAS SO PROUD!!!

I bought myself a Fifty-50 chocolate crisp bar and ate a little over half of it...so there's 20g of carbs right there :( and I PIGGED OUT on cashews ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!

I think my body was craving whatever the heck is in those, because normally I have 1/4c and am done for the day...weird.

Didn't drink nearly enough water.

From now on, my new goals are:

-Drink LOTS more water
-Don't buy nuts anymore
-Don't buy LS candy bars anymore unless I can break off a small chunk and leave the rest at work (and not be tempted...)
-For cravings just eat shelled sunflower seeds (so HARD to get to the damn good stuff!!)
-Exercise AT LEAST 3 times a week (starting out)

I feel GROSS and have had heartburn all day...I'm stressed to my gills and just...GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I'm planning on making lots of hamburgers and hotdogs and broccoli and salad....mmm...cheesy broccoli.

OH!! Does anybody know the carb count on cheese curds??

GOOD LUCK ALL :)

StarDancer
Wed, Apr-23-03, 23:09
Hello ladies,

How is everyone doing ? I hope that we are all still as pumped about summer :sunny: time as we were when we started off !!!

Junebride, sorry to hear that you are feeling lousy - I think that exercising more often will definitely make you feel better . Go for it ! :thup: :thup: And congratulations on staying away from the dessert that you brough to the gathering . You go ! :thup: If you feel that you cannnot stop yourself from eating too much of the LS bars, then not buying them might be a good idea until the cravings pass :daze: Ive had to do that with certain items in the beginnning, hard as it was..... ;) Good luck, and hope you feel better.

Kaela, is that the white bikini that you were talking bout before ? Its very pretty and elegant, but I kinda like the other one you posted earlier better :blush: , with the strappier top. Maybe this top is just too big for the models body though ... I prefer the spaghetti strap style. ... but its your preference. It doesnt look too padded though, I think all bikins are made this way now , except for the triangle tops . :roll: Either one you pick, Im sure that it will look just fantastic on you girl !!! ;) :) :)

Guess what, tomorrow is my last exam !! and then Im done for the 4 months !!! Yay !!! Summer here I come !!! :cool:

Take care girls, hope to hear from you all soon,

Carrie :wave:

JuneBride
Thu, Apr-24-03, 09:37
I GOT A WHOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even with all the crap I ate last night *probably hasn't caught up with me yet...yay!* I LOST ANOTHER COUPLE POUNDS!!! I'M DOWN TO 188!!!!!!!!

3 more pounds to goal :)

JuneBride
Fri, Apr-25-03, 17:07
WO0 MADE IT EXACTLY 20 LBS :) And now I'm gonna eat a few S/F peanut butter cups to celebrate the GORGEOUS day outside :)

andrearak
Fri, Apr-25-03, 18:43
KAELA,

That suit is sweet! I've gotta have one like that. I want to be down to 138 by May 15th too. I'm at 145 right now and May 15th is only 3 weeks away. Need to lose it and get down to 130 before mid-June rolls around because my boyfriend love the beach and I wanna be wearing that white suit! I have to be roller blading at Venice beach in that thing. I actually like the shorts with it.

:) Andrea

sarabeth
Fri, Apr-25-03, 20:51
Hey! Haven't seen me in a while!! Yes I'm still on Atkins and yes I did miss yall...I just haven't been able to get near a computer. my mom got me the coolest exercise thingy....it's recumbant bike! It is so much fun to do! But of course I liked biking to begin with....we were gonna get a rowing machine, but my mom bought a book (evil things) and she trusts what the book says, so we bought a bike because the book said so. :rolleyes: But anyways, how is everyone doing? I promise I'll write more often, so I'll talk to yall later. Peace! :wave:

JuneBride
Sat, Apr-26-03, 08:45
Welcome back Sara!!!! o0o I'm jealous about the bike!!! I REALLY need to start exercising...ugh...

and of course I polished off the sugar free peanut butter cups...with no regrets *L* it was SO worth it

JuneBride
Sat, Apr-26-03, 23:53
where did everybody go...?? :(

luddybell
Sun, Apr-27-03, 00:07
lol thats what i was wondering... i myself am too accountable for "abandonding this thread" i didnt try to... but i really need you guys to encourage me ... i seem to want to "cheat" on legal things!!! ugh... help my vacation is in july... and im no where near my goal :*(

sarabeth
Sun, Apr-27-03, 06:39
I'm still here, even though I left for a little while....But I don't know where everyone else went! I guess it's just us now.

carebear53
Sun, Apr-27-03, 07:32
Hey girls!! I was wondering if I could join in too!! I am 22 and I am trying to lose 25-30lbs. I am in the military and stationed in Germany so its hard to find people to support and understand what I am trying to do. Also, I weighed in (military) and was over the allowable weight for my height so i was put on the Air Forces weight management program...how embarassing!! So now I have to lose another 15 lbs before I can get promoted which was supposed to happen in Jan. Very Frustrating!! I am on my forth day of Induction and I am getting restless, I am just hoping that my cravings for sweets will go away soon!! I have been on a low fat diet for like 4 months and I manged to lose 13 lbs but it took 4 months!! uggghh!! Well now I am trying this and I have only heard success about Dr Atkins diet. I am glad that I have found others in my age group who also need support. I hope to hear from you soon!!! Carrie :D

2bfree
Sun, Apr-27-03, 10:26
Hey!!! I'm still here :wave: . Wouldn't leave you girls for the world. I've just been busy with classes. They end in two weeks so it is pretty hectic right now. I have to go to work(Subway), so I'll write a longer post upon my return :D.

Welcome, Carrie!!! Sure you can join!!! You're stationed in Germany?Wow... what's it like over there?

Anyways, until later,

carebear53
Sun, Apr-27-03, 10:49
Thanks for the welcome Grace!! I cant believe your stats!! That is so awesome!! I hope to be as successful as you!! Germany is really cool, it was a little weird at first being in a foreign country, everything is different and the language is so hard to learn. The autobahn (German highway) is pretty cool, no speed limits!! Anyway, how long did u do induction for?? I cant imagine doing for longer than 2 weeks, I am only on day 4 and getting sick of meat and cheese but I know that in the long run I will be happy. Any tips?? Thanks again....Carrie

nitrovixen
Sun, Apr-27-03, 12:16
Welcome Carrie! That must be cool being in Germany! I took german for a year (don't remember a thing) and learned a bit about their culture.. pretty interesting! I have yet to go to a different country (besides Cananda and Tijuana Mexico, they don't really count)

Don't get discouraged! After induction it gets a lot funner. Also the cravings will subside after you've been off sweets and carbs for awhile. Here'a a page on this forum to help:
jazz up induction (http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips001.html)
After induction there is a gazillion delicious low carb recipes at your disposal, and more and more companies are making low carb substitutes for us, so we can have everything from muffins to pancakes, candy & ice cream.. of course that is unless it causes cravings (which it tends to do with me, dangit)
Check out the blue/orange bar at the top of the page for a lot of great recipes and here's my other two favorite recipe sites: low carb luxury (http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/lowcarb-recipes.html)
Barbo's low carb recipes (http://thor.prohosting.com/~nwalshg/archives/index.htm)

I tried low carbing last year and eventually had to quit because the food was drivin me crazy. I got so sick of steak, eggs, chicken, fish etc it made me wanna puke. But this time around I'm really mixing it up, trying a lot of recipes and I'm loving it intensely! In fact I'm having the opposite problem now of wanting to eat too much! :rolleyes:

Junebride: Good Job!!!!! you are doing awesome! I need to borrow a page out of your book, I'm not doing so well lately! eep.

Luddybell: I'm there with you. I found in order to stop eating "legal" treats I had to purge my house of them. Or at least not allow myself special sugar free candies and stuff like that. It just causes me to go crazy and eat everything in site :(

luddybell
Sun, Apr-27-03, 18:02
yea its the pure delites that cause me problems.. its not like they set off cravings for other things... its just i start craving them!! it was bad lastnight that i took my lunch break at work to go look for one and of course the stores were already closed! ugh i was sooo mad... so i bought me an 1 ounce bag of peanuts out of the canteen at work and was satisfied

JuneBride
Sun, Apr-27-03, 23:52
Hi Luddybell!! Looks like we're about the same in what we weigh and what we need to lose :) We can keep tabs on each other, if you'd like :wink:

ugh, i've been AWFUL this weekend!!! Friday was SO beautiful out and I felt so great for losing more weight that I bought some SF peanut butter cups and chocolate covered peanuts in cup form too :( IT'S ALL GONE NOW!!!! ugh....i'm so bad

well, my weakness is CASHEWS!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! I just can't stop...it's awful!!! I seemed to lose weight even though i OD'd on the cashews...so i'm going to get a SMALL package of them and see what my limit is...eep !!

Well, you girls won't see much of me other than a post or two a day if I can manage...I've worked over a week straight and will continue to be working straight through for the next 3 to 5 weeks....god i hate having 2 part time jobs. I NEED A DAY OFF!!!! :( I'm going to burn-out...I know it. and I'm going to fall off the bandwagon, I'm sure...

but I resisted Dairy Queen today :) I'm SO TIRED after working 6-midnight last night and then I was crabby and had to work 11am to 12pm tonight...someone did a DQ run and I didn't get an oreo blizzard :)

I'll treat myself to 1/2 a small one soon...I know if I don't give in to temptation now and then I'll GORGE on it and feel miserable later.

I'm so tired I can't even tell if this is making sense...ugh...back to work tomorrow *yay.*

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!! I'll weigh in again tomorrow (wish me luck!!!)

-lex

ps--it's REALLY HARD to drink that much dang water!!! OY!! :eek:

2bfree
Mon, Apr-28-03, 00:38
Hello ladies :wave:

I can't guarantee that I'll be too coherent myself, but I'll give it a try. I have not worked out in soo long :thdown: , I have cheated a couple of times :thdown: , close to TOM, so eating everythimg in sight :thdown: , started a journal :thup: , and that is last week in a nutshell!!!!

We are soooo close, what like three weeks away?? Apperently, I am not the only one trudging up the rest of the hill, but if we can just encourage each other we can get through the next few weeks in one piece :agree: . See, it agrees with me!!!

Junebride, is that your wedding date at the bottom of your post?
I know you are getting so excited!!! Where are you guys going after the wedding? Good for you for resisting Dairy Queen. I LOVE that place. The oreo blizzard... I think i'll reward myself in a month too. Great idea!!

Luddybell, I feel you on the chocolates. If I have a chocolate craving, I usually make a little chocolate cheesecake thingamajig. Takes the craving away pretty fast. Yeah, when i buy the store chocolates, I can't just have a piece and be done. I will eat the whole bag :daze:.

Alright guys, keep it legal :D ,

Grace

Kaela
Mon, Apr-28-03, 08:30
Hey girls, I'm back! I didn't post all weekend b/c I was at my boyfriend's house.
I have a confession ....I binged on junk food ALL WEEKEND!!!! ugh!! I've gained an inch on all my measurements and I'm not sure what my weight is, I know it's high b/c the high carb food makes me bloated but I'm not sure how many pounds of fat I packed back on! :( Why'd I do that? I was so depressed and I convinced myself that it wouldn't matter. But of course it does, I mean it's not the end of the world or anyhting but I am just keeping myself from having what I want.
So I'll spend these next 18 days getting back to what I started with. 143, and all my measurements back down too.
I can do it. I know I can. I'm just so angry with myself for giving up after I'd already gotten so far. :( *sigh*

Oh well, nothing to do now but get back on the strict Candida diet, keep up with the exercising and drink like a fish and be paitient. WOW I spelled that wrong.

So how is everyone else doing?? I missed you guys! Just reading your posts this morning has made it easier for me to start over. Grace, you are definitley NOT the only one trudging up this damn hill!! Actually I kinda tripped on my own feet and tumbled almost all the way down!!

Welcome Andrea and Carebear! Hey do we have two Caries now?
Andrea I'm sure you'll get to goal! I like the shorts but I have really short wide legs so shorts just make them look shorter!

Ok ladies, this is so hard to start over. I feel like such a dumba$$
But I KNOW I can reach my goal. We've already got the reservation for Puerto Rico so I CAN'T GIVE UP!!! I mean I didn't do that much ''damage'' right?? RIght?? PLEASE TELL ME I DIDN"T!!! AARGH!!!!!!!! :lol:
Okay I'll calm down now ;)

Okay, I guess I should stop whining and go do something about it! To the treadmill!! :hyper:

I just want to say one more thing. You guys are really motivating me and you are all doing really good! Don't cheat like I did! It's NOT WORTH IT!!! We can all reach our goals if we are patient and work hard. Theses are all things we can do if we really want to. Good luck to everyone. Stay strong.
water water water water...bikini...water...bikini....water...bikini ;)

JuneBride
Mon, Apr-28-03, 10:04
YAY PEOPLE ARE BACK :)

Yes, that'd my date: June 20th...my goal for then is 175 lbs and fit into my dress and look actually nice in it, not a sausage :D

so far I fit in it!! *with a little help...but...still...I FIT*

Don't worry about binging, hun...happens to all of us :) I binged on LS candy and last week i binged on cashews....and I had a quiche (THE CRUST WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD!!)

i'm thinking i'll walk to work today...I'm not sure how long it takes, though...it's nearly a 2 mile drive. i have to be there at 2...so i'll leave at 115...that works :) then i'll walk my butt on home, too!!

i NEED to start doing leg exercises :( ugh...and arms. I just don't exercise...but I can't afford to join a gym, buy any equipment or anything like that!! I have no place in the house to watch videos (my grandmother watches the Game Show Network 24/7 in the livingroom...ugh) or to exercise, so it mostly has to be outdoorsy stuff.

Any suggestions?? I'm really new to this :confused:

I want to not eat yet and weigh myself at work, but I'm scared I'll fall over just walking there *L*

and the only measurement I've been keeping track of is my hip/butt: WAS: 46in NOW: almost 44in

WO0 I'M EXCITED :) must start walking to burn more fat!!!

must drink water to the point of exploding!!! *L* how much water are we supposed to drink, anyway??

sarabeth
Mon, Apr-28-03, 17:29
hey Junebride! My birthday is 3 days after your wedding day...that's awesome! Anyway, I have THE WORST day you could possibly think of...First i spent all night working on a take home test which I only got about 3/4 done (NOT GOOD) and then proceeded to make a fool out of myself in science class itself. I have no clue about chemistry so I don't know what I ever talk about...I kinda mumble random thoughts to myself every once and a while. Well I mumbled a bit too loud this time and the professor stopped talking and the room was dead silence and I was still mumbling! I was so embarassed....then on the way from art to the science building (where I chill in between classes) I tripped on the sidewalk.....in front of THE HOTTEST guy. He sat there and just laughed at me as I picked myself up from the pavement. Then I went to ENG1102 (which I LOATHE) just to get my writing portfolio back with a C- and a D....Those papers are much better than C and D material....they're at least B! That just pissed me off. Plus my chest hurts because I had a severe panic atack on my way home from work on saturday....and that was all in one day! I have not had a good day to say the least....oh well, I think I'm gonna binge on SF chocolate now. :wave: Bye

Kaela
Tue, Apr-29-03, 07:15
Hey Sara! I'm sorry you had a bad day :there: Cheer up! At least you didn't go pig out on candy and ice cream! :thup:
That guy sounded like a jerk off! I've done that before right in front of my whole grade and the guy I had a crush on. Of course it was in Elementry School :lol:

Okay so how is everyone doing???? Our goal date is May 15th--17 days away. Lets kick it into high gear!! :hyper: (i know i'm dorky :rolleyes: )

Good news!! I think my post-binge bloat is going away. My measurements went down slightly and my tummys not swollen :) Joy!
I'm trying to talk myself into weight training today. "c'mon Kaela...bikini...bikini...bikini...water.water.water....BIKINI!!!"
Okay I'll do it! :wiggle: Wheres my Firm video!!!

Have a great day everyone!! We can do this! Stay strong remember what your goal is and enjoy yourself! :sunny: :yay: :daizy:

JuneBride
Tue, Apr-29-03, 20:35
Alright girls, i buckelled down and did it...i bought a bikini last night at like 1 in the morning from walmart *LOL* it's not the best, but i don't want to buy a great lookin' one until I'M great looking :) but...IT'S TOO BIG!!! *L* so now i have to go return it *YAY*

annndddd....I FINALLY WALKED TO WORK TODAY!!! oy...so there and back i walked a total of about 4 miles...WHAT A WORKOUT. *L* my legs kept tingling...o0o

well...won't have time to walk tomorrow unfortunately...i work from 8am to midnight....bleh.

good luck girls :)

-lex

StarDancer
Tue, Apr-29-03, 22:37
Hello ladies !!!! :wave: :wave:

First of all, welcome Andrea and Carrie. Hey Carrie, how are we going to distinguish between you and me ?? lol. :daze:

I am soo glad to be able to get back onto the computer, Ive been summer job hunting for the past few days , but alas, no luck. Its so tough to get something around here ... everyone is like ... experience this and experience that... well i dont got none !!! (except for lifeguaring practically my entire life... blek). :roll:

Anyways, enuff bout that. Im happy cause I lost a lot more pounds since Ive been home than at school. School did not allow me to do Atkins properly . Im down to 155 now :p .. Im getting closer !

Kaela, I know what you mean about binging on junk food, I did that the first day I got home because my boyfriend's mom literally SHOWERED me with sweets. But they're low fat, she cried when I politely tried to refuse. She doesnt get it, but she got me addicted to sugar again ... arrgh. Its so hard to get off that s**t again....

Glad to be back , good luck to everyone, drink lots of water,

Carrie (the first one) :)

sarabeth
Wed, Apr-30-03, 19:40
Congrats Carrie #1! I've lost 18 lbs but that's nowhere near where I wanna be at....I have like 59 lbs to go! That's alot man... :thdown: Oh well, Hopefully I'll be down enough to not be embarassed at the beach. Where is everyone? Oh well, I gtg study for my psychology finals.....woo hoo :rolleyes: I'll talk to yall later. :wave: Bye!

Kaela
Wed, Apr-30-03, 20:00
Hi girls!

Good job Carrie numero UNO! :cheer:

Well, I'm just poping in to say hi. May 15th is comming soon. Sadly there wont be a big difference in me b/c of my little junk food expedition last weekend. But hopefully I'll get under 143 and lose those damn inches!

Oh, and I just read about green tea. Everyone start drinking it now. RIGHT NOW!!! GO HURRY!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: heeheehee just kidding..... No but seriously drink one cup with every meal/ snack. It raises thermogenisis (sp) in the body by %4 and it really helps you burn fat and oxidize fat. They did a study and people lost a lot of weight.

Okay, I gotta go read my homework shtuff. Bye girls! :wave:

2bfree
Wed, Apr-30-03, 20:36
Hey girls :wave: !!!

Haven't heard form me in a while. How is everyone doing??? It appears that we are rollin' on into to summer with a bang. Lex has already started the bikini process. I saw this really cute tank suit at Target the other day that I might go ahead and buy.
I wish I had the nerve to wear a bikini. :blush:.

Congrats Carrie on your weight loss :cheer:.

Kaela's right, green tea is awesome for weight loss. It is supposed to raise your metabolism. I started drinking it when I quit smoking so I wouldn't gain weight.

Alright ladies, keep up the good work!!!

Grace

JuneBride
Thu, May-01-03, 00:22
GAHHHHHH BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wedding dress ISN'T going to work :( for one, I've come to the realization that though i fit into it, i don't look good in it...and I just won't. That's that. My hips are just too damn big and there's no way to shrink the bone...so I'm just saying to hell with that...blew $275 on it...Maybe I can resell it on e-bay...who knows.

At any rate I'm buying a new dress, damnit!!! a white pretty one that I'M GOING TO TRY ON and make DAMN SURE i look good in it :) My mom and i are going shopping friday...It'll be white and gorgeous and DAMNIT I'M EXCITED....kinda...

i feel chubby :(

but my boytoy said the SWEETEST thing when i cried to him over the phone :) he said, "Don't worry, honey. I'm sure you look great in your dress...but you'll look absolutely amazing in your next one"

he's always so damn supportive :) GOD i love that.

no walking today...worked my ass off, getting sick, it was raining, and now i get about 5 hours of sleep before i go back to work *wo0*

just shoot me. GOD i feel miserable and happy all at the same time...THIS ISN'T RIGHT!!!!

water water water water water....water.

JuneBride
Thu, May-01-03, 00:30
btw: here are the dresses i'm look at....take a vote which one you like best :)

1: http://www.edenbridals.com/popup_image.php?pID=33

2: http://www.edenbridals.com/popup_image.php?pID=157

3: http://www.edenbridals.com/popup_image.php?pID=214

4: http://www.edenbridals.com/popup_image.php?pID=61

5: Nahhhh....keep lookin' Lex!!

Keep in mind this will be June evening, I have to jump a broom so i can't have a huge train, it's very earthy and informal, I have flabby arms I'd like to somewhat conceal (just upper arms...forearms are buff :) ), my hips WON'T shrink anymore at the moment...and i have a bubble butt. so something that hugs my tummy a little will look good, i think.

My other dress clung to my thighs...another reason i'm giving it the boot!! PLUS there's a big hole in it!!! crappy flimsy thing...grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Kaela
Thu, May-01-03, 09:49
Those are all gorgeous Lex. But I think #3 is the best! Plus it will make your tummy look smaller and give you a nice curvy look. I love big hips! I think they're sexy! Most guys do too. I LOVE the sleeves, its so pretty. I want sleeves like that on my wedding dress....when I get a fiance!

JuneBride
Thu, May-01-03, 11:47
heheheh...i was hoping people would pick that one!! :) in a few hours i'll be on my way to new dress shopping!!! WHEEEEEEEE I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

BTW: I've designated a cheat for myself tonight: midnight showing of x-men 2 at the theatre i work at...i'm going to buy either some cashews, LS pb cups, or popcorn....but only ONE of the three...maybe 2 *heheheh* i'm such a little sh!t!!

luddybell
Thu, May-01-03, 19:15
i liked #3 the best but thats just me.. lol ... the woosh fairy is my friend today :) im 3lbs lighter WOOHOO so hopefully by bikini weather i will be able to wear one and not look like a big ole cow!!!! lol... lex... what size is your 1st wedding dress????

JuneBride
Fri, May-02-03, 01:47
hey all!!! I BOUGHT A NEW DRESS :) it sorta looks like 3 BUT BETTER!!!!! if i can get pics without ruining anything i will :) i need to get it altered a bit...TAKEN IN :) just around the shoulders...it's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ummm...my first dress is size 12 i'm thinking....the woman i bought it from said it was 16, so i figured it'd be about a 14...but it's about a 12. maybe even smaller...i fit into a size 14 (FINALLY) but no go. still too tight around the butt. so now I have to try to sell it *ugh* because "all sales are final" on stupid e-bay. BOO!!

and i gorged tonight :) and loved EVERY minute of it!!! i ate 1/2 a small oreo blizzard from DQ, popcorn and some peanut m&m's at the theatre for the midnight showing of x-men 2 (MUCH better than the first....but i'm an avid comic fan and so i get pissed at the movies a lot...grrrrrr)

no whoosh fairy for me...but whatever. she'll get here eventually *L* when i stop cheating!!

time for a quick 4 hour nap and then back to work...*sigh* ugh. plus i'm in trouble at the Vet Hospital...apparently they needed me today after i worked at the theatre this morning...but at the theatre we got shipment (over 200 pieces...that's a HUGE shipment) not to mention my boss wrapped the movie for the middle schoolers and we had to put together movies, move prints around...ugh.

so did anyone call my cell phone?? NOT UNTIL 445!!! argh...i'm sorry, but that's just stupid. if they needed me earlier they should have called earlier...granted, i forgot to call them too :( so now i'm all worried...gahhhh....boo. plus my grandmother *who lives with us* has fluid on the brain...has had it for years...and she's getting REALLY bad. can't even make it down the stairs with assistance anymore...her whole right side is gone at the moment.

i'm just too stressed, i'm scared about the vet...and i don't know how to explain in a nice way "sorry i forgot you but my life is hellish right now"

we'll see how it goes. ugh. and i'm getting sick.

i'd say "shoot me" but i got a new pretty dress so wo0t :)

goodnight girls...

-lex

luddybell
Fri, May-02-03, 03:27
LEX im sure you're gonna look like a princess :) hope you have a great day today.. my day isnt going so great... food wise im doing fantastic, .. but emotionally im not all here considering im going through a lot of crap going on , my job, my boyfriend, his personal life ( lil girl ).. blah.. just a bunch of crap so im freaking out... im stressed and seriously think im on the brink of a nervous break down ... weird huh.. 21 y/o and having anxiety attacks! thats messed up!!

Kaela
Fri, May-02-03, 08:11
HI EVERYONE!!! I"< SO EXCITED THAT I"M SHOUTING AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: I don't know why I'm shouting....lol I mean I don't know why I'm excited ! :rolleyes: hee hee

whoa...I had the WORST dream!!!!! My boyfriend and I made love for hours, then.......right after he dumped me! :eek: He turned into a total jerk, stole my car, ruined it, and tried to spit on me!! Then he wanted me back?? hmmm....whats that mean?
Also there was this gorgeous lady, but I found out that she was really a banshee and so I left the house I was at. THats when I found out my car was broked. Oh, also I went swimming in a pool in a department store but forgot to put on a top. No one noticed!

Okay, assuming you guys are still reading this ;) How's everyone doing?

(((Luddybell)))- :cheer: :cheer: YAY for the Whoosh Fairie! And you- it was a combined effort! I know the feeling of about to have a nervous breakdown all to well. I've had a breakdown in 7th grade, 10th grade, 12th grade, and when I lived in NYC. Well whats wrong with me??? Hmmm...maybe I take myself a little too seriously sometimes! :p
I hope you feel better. :there: If you need to rant feel free. I always do

JuneBrdie- I'm so glad you found a dress! You're going to look like an angel! :angel: (i wanted to say princess but hteres no smiley princess thing) You definitely did NOT gorge yourself. You showed good self control, when I did that it was a whole weekend of junk.
anyway hang in there sweetie, life seems stressful for you now. Just think of your pretty dress and your pretty self in that pretty dress! :daze:

WHere is everyone we started out with??? I'm going to everyones journal and writing to them!

My thighs are shrinking!! *JOY* almost back to pre-binge status. My weight is back to 143, but my other measurements aren't. My new goal is 130. By may15th 137 Is that unrealistic???

Okay, bye ladies! Have a great day! :sunny:

water,water water, green tea, green tea, water water, BIKINI water water......

sarabeth
Fri, May-02-03, 18:45
Hey I'm here! I'm kinda yuck because I did binge on SF chocolate and now it's tearing my stomach up! I guess that's a good incentive not to binge on SF chocolate....Oh well, tuesday is my last day for finals (I can hear angels singing now!) and I am too happy. Hey I got a question for everyone.....since they've started the diet, how many people have been bruising easliy? Cuz ever since I started the diet, I have been bruising very easily....easier than before (I've always kinda bruised easily). But I'm just curious. maybe I'm some kind of deformed freak....ha! Ok, enough downing myself. Oh! Another question.....since Junebride is obviously getting married, who here is SINGLE? I am, but I have the feeing I'm the only one. Oh well, I'll talk to yall later! :wave: Bye!

luddybell
Fri, May-02-03, 19:02
im not currently single... but i do love your quote.. third day rocks :)....

JuneBride
Fri, May-02-03, 20:12
i'm just purple and blue ALL OVER!!! it looks like i'm beaten or something *L*

and the dress i finally settled on...i can't remember if this is the one or not, but it looks EXTREMELY similar *L* i'm so tired.

http://www.morilee.com/dress.php?id=133&h=1

2bfree
Fri, May-02-03, 20:31
Hey!!! This is just toooo funny... I was checking out some bruises I have on my legs earlier today and started wondering if something was wrong with me! OK, we're all freaks :D .

Lex, your dresses keep getting better and better. I LOVE the one you have picked!!! If you don't feel like a princess in that you are hopeless!!!! What are you going to put in your hair? Ummmm, you said you are going to be jumping over a broom. Why are you jumping over a broom?

SaraBeth, I broke up with my man oficially over Christmas break, so you are not alone!!!

Luddybell, I hope you feel better. I suffered from an anxiety disorder at 21, from just about the same things your having to deal with. It will get better, just give it time. :rose:.

JuneBride
Sat, May-03-03, 13:23
i have to jump over a broom because we're having a handfasting *pagan/wiccan marriage ceremony* we also have our hands tied together and other sort of witchy things :)

my hair will be down and i'll have a small garland of flowers and my veil will go on that :) if i have a veil...we'll see *L*

soooo that's it so far!! almost done with invites *THANK GOD* and my college application *DITTO* so i have to buy my plane ticket, make sure we save money for our honeymoon, and go to a flower shop...that's it!!!

easy peasy :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY :)

btw: my binging made me gain 1 lb *L* i can handle that!!

sarabeth
Sat, May-03-03, 13:23
Junebride, I LOVE that dress! It's so beautiful! Ok, I don't feel alone in the single department anymore....I broke up w/mine a few days after New Years...he cheated on me and was wanting to break up with me because I coudn't lose weight fast enough for him.....now what kind of crap is that?! Ok, anyways...I went to go get some shorts today....I'm down 2 dress sizes....yay! :) That made me kinda good. Oh well, Lemme go cuz I'm starving and I'm gonna eat! :wave: Bye!

Kaela
Sat, May-03-03, 14:14
YAY SARA!! Good job sweetie! Have fun shoping!

Junebride I love that dress so much! You're going to look so beautiful! :rose:

Hey you girlies that bruise easily, maybe you have an iron deficiency? I think it's iron or maybe it's some other vitamin. Do you take a multivitamin? Also if you'r body is low on calcium it will hold on to fat more.

I'm so happy! My hips have gone from 35.5" to 34.2" in the past week! YAY!! Bikini you are MINE!! Resistance is futile!!

Okay, off to study. Finals week sucks!!! :(

Good luck everyone! Stay strong, stay postive! :sunny: We can do this!!! :cheer: (((((hugs to all)))))

luddybell
Sat, May-03-03, 17:35
hey girls :)...

junebride... I LOVE THAT dress!!!!!

Grace : thanks i feel alot better, he went job "searching" today ... and put in a few applications so that makes me feel better... btw thanks for the PMs :) your a great friend

well for some odd reason ive gained 2 lbs... i havent cheated, i drank 120 oz of water yesterday... but i did use lemon pepper on my veggies :rolleyes: i guess it was the salt content in that! UGH if this weight dont come off i wont be able to wear a bikini come july :(... but its ok... as long as im healthy.. thats all that matters.... :daze:

has anyone tried the "gummy" worms posted on the recipe board? i tried these on induction and didnt like them all that well..but i do believe the ones some one posted using crystal light would be better... IM a HUGE GUMMY bear fan :) lol thats what Mark bought me for valentines day a big 3lb bag ROFL

JuneBride
Sun, May-04-03, 10:48
Yay, go everybody :) I'm not going to lose anything any time soon *L* i ate an entire bag of SF PB cups in one night *L* oh well. i made meat-balls yesturday *mmm* gotta figure out the carb count, though. had milk and oat meal in it :eek:

i need to get more strict!!! and exercise LOTS more!! i'll work on both :)

NO CHOCOLATE TODAY!!! THAT'S MY GOAL :)

heeheh...

oy..sorry, i just woke up. very groggy...too much sleep *bleh*

-lex

Kaela
Sun, May-04-03, 11:27
Hey Lex! At least you're not eating sugary candy!

LuddyBell, don't worry it's only water weight.

I only have a minute to say hi.
I'm so excited I'm down to 140!! :yay: Only ten more pounds!! It's weird I don't think I look that different, but I guess when I get down to 130 I will notice. 10 pounds makes a big difference.

Okay, I gotto go see my boyfriends new baby niece!! awww!!

See you later guys!

HeidiN
Sun, May-04-03, 12:25
hey guys :wave: mind if I join the group? :D

I tried the Atkins deit a while ago and by the 5th day... I was about to die. I gave in and started eating carbs again. Yesterday I decided to give it a shot again, and that's when I found this wonderful site :D . I know for a fact there is no way I would have been able to do this without the help of you wonderful people. The recipes on this site help so much too.

When I started trying to lose wieght, I was at 175 . Now I'm at about 160-165 :thup: . I'm looking to lose a lot more though and I know I wouldn't be able to do it without you guys, so I hope you'll let me join the group. :)

The only thing I need to start doing is exercize. I absolutely love to excersize, but I got sick with the flu last week and I haven't had the energy; I've basically just been sitting around in bed. :thdown: Oh well, I'm going to start riding my bike 2 miles a day. I'll also have to add a 20-30 min walk in there a day, because I have to give my pup some exercize. wouldn't want her to get overweight too. ;)

Anyway, I'm 17 years old and a sr in highschool. Do you all play any sports? I'm a varsity cheerleader for my school (see, not ALL cheerleaders are stick-thin ;) ) but besides that, I only ride my bike for exercize.

I'm so excited to begin losing wieght, I've always dreamed of being able to wear a bikini :D good luck girls

<3

Wannabeski
Sun, May-04-03, 17:43
Welcome HeidiN!
I love when people join that are my age and especially with stats kinda close to mine. I'm 17 too and I also love to exercise. Sometimes I can't motivate myself to, but once I start I don't wanna stop :D These challenges really seem to help because I guess I feel like I'll let you guys down. Well I like to use that as an excuse anyway lol. Anyway I'm rambling sorry :p I just wanted to say WELCOME! and wish you the best of luck. And good luck to you all. :)

luddybell
Sun, May-04-03, 21:00
ugh... water weight??? i was up another 2 lbs this morning!!!! :mad: the only difference i have done is drinking extra water... and i did eat lemon pepper seasoning that ONE time... surely i wouldnt gain 4 lbs from that?????? would i???

JuneBride
Mon, May-05-03, 00:50
i'll tell you come tomorrow....i drank 12 cups of water IN 6 HOURS ALONE and ate TONS of salt on my food *TOTALLY craved it...weird* so i'll weigh myself tomorrow and let you know *L*

stupid weight...BOO

luddybell
Mon, May-05-03, 00:56
i agree fat is evil!!! :mad:

sarabeth
Mon, May-05-03, 10:37
ARRGGHHH!! I've gained a pound! I've been on this thing for, what, about 2 months now, and I GAINED A POUND!! Ok, Sorry I'm freakin out, I didn't mean to. Gaining is bad....losing is good.....water.....water.....beach......bikini.......beach.......water......argh! :bash: Ok, I'm done. I do feel better though because yesterday i went into American Eagle and bought my first item of clothing there ever! It was XL but hey, I'm getting there. Anyway....I need to stop eating chocolate too Junebride, even the SF ones! It drives me nuts to know that it's there (My mom loves em) but that I shouldn't have any. Eating out doesn't help much either. I think I'm gonna stay in today and just much on salad....even though I already had some chocolate. Oh well, fresh start tomorrow, I swear! OH!!! My Uncle sent us a letter from Thailand (he lives there) and I wanna open it and I wanna send him a letter telling him about my weight loss since he was always so supportive about what I do, but I can't open until my mom gets home.....and she gets home late!! Frick! Oh well. Heidi, welcome.....I'm the comic relief of the group I guess.....people find my posts entertaining. I'm 18, freshman (actually sophomore after this last exam tomorrow) in college, and I have a lot of weight to lose. I could never lose so much if it wasn't for here. I would've quit a long time ago. So this is the most beautiful website ever created on the face of this earth! Hehehe, oh well I gotta go. Ciao! :wave:

:rheart:

sarabeth
Mon, May-05-03, 16:47
Has anyone seen Karrah? It's kinda like she dropped off the face of the earth or something....I liked her too-not that I don't like any of yall fine ladies.... :D Oh well, gtg. :wave: Bye!

Kaela
Tue, May-06-03, 06:16
Good morning Ladies!
I only have a minute. I have SO MANY THINGS TO DO TODAY!!! All I want to do is stay home eat a bagel :yummy: and watch star wars.....*sigh* Lifes just not fair ;)

So last night I had a little whiny fit for about an hour, but now I feel better.

:exclm: ALERT ALERT!!!!! KAELA IS EXPECTED TO BE IN A BATHING SUIT IN 9 DAYS, IN FRONT OF OTHER HMANS NO LESS!!!!!!! :exclm:

I babysit my boyfriend's friend's little brother and the public pool is open May 15th, so I have totake him and my BF and his friends will probably go. I have so much cellulite, I"M NOT GOING IN A BATHING SUIT YE!!!!! There is no way I can lose enuf by then. So maybe Im being shallow or a wuss, but trust me I may not be big, but I even have cellulite on my tummy!! :( YUCK!!!

Has anyone heard/tired a cellulite cream that firms and works???

Wow, I took up all my time talking about myself. Sorry guys. I did read your posts. I "talk" to you later!! Stay strong everyone! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!
water water water water green tea green tea water water BIKINI!!! :sunny: :yay:

HeidiN
Tue, May-06-03, 14:16
OMG....guys... I feel HORRIBLE. On Sunday night I woke up puking my guts up and I couldn't keep anything down except... CRACKERS. Yes, you heard it...crackers. :( :( I'm so mad at myself... and I'm still throwing up and I can't keep any meat, cheese or eggs down. I feel so gross, fat, sick, and dissappointed.

I feel like giving up all together... but I know I have to do this. People are already commenting on my weightloss and it makes me feel SOOO great. I just need to keep going. I feel bad though, because the only thing I feel like I can eat right now is crackers. :thdown:

:( I feel like I let you guys down too. BLAH, this sucks. Oh well, when I get over this, I'm starting up again. I hope I stop throwing up soon.... I refuse to gain anymore weight :mad:

atleast you guys are still doing great :wave: I'm proud of you all. :D :thup:

sarabeth
Tue, May-06-03, 19:26
Let who down? Us? Naw....you're sick. It's okay to eat crackers if you're sick! Don't make yourself think you're letting anyone down, especially yourself! Just when you get back to a healthy ( i mean HEALTHY) state, you can just start fresh and new! You're not letting anyone down, especially us. We cheat all the time, so it's really no big deal. Bye! :wave:

JuneBride
Tue, May-06-03, 21:58
i weighed myself today and I HAVEN'T GAINED :) i thought i had...i'm SO BLOATED my stomach just sticks out :( makes me feel REALLY fat, even though it's just water :(

wellll GET BETTER girly :) i had the flu way back when i was on this diet for like the 3rd time *L* and i had to eat crackers...BUT THEN I FELL OFF THE BANDWAGON COMPLETELY and it SO wasn't worth it. don't give up hope!!! we'll all make it through :)

sorry i haven't posted a lot lately...work is kicking my butt hard core. and now it's time to go to bed...

goodnight!! good luck ladies :)

-lex

Kaela
Wed, May-07-03, 10:02
I'm sorry you're sick Heidi!! :there: Feel better soon!!
I'm sick too! I have the worst sore throat, I'm debating whether or not to go workout.........hmmmm..........

Well, I had too many carbs yesterday, like 50!! :eek: But they weren't from sugary stuff. Also I almost ate some carrot cake! PURE SUGAR!! but i resisted and now I am so gald I did!!

Ok, stay strong everyone!! May 15th is like, 7 days away? It's comming up!! I think I might be on my period when it comes so I' might wait to measure and weigh.

water water water we can do this water water bikini green tea, green tea, green tea, water water......

JuneBride
Thu, May-08-03, 15:36
:exclm: MINI GOAL ALERT!!!!!!!! MINI GOAL ALERT!!!!!!!! MINI GOAL ALERT!!!!!!!! :exclm:

185 HAS BEEN REACHED ON THURSDAY MAY 8TH, 2003!!!!!

WO0T :)

new mini goal: May 28th--180

and last night i CHEATED SO BADLY!!!

had a bad of Peanut m&m's and craploads of buttered popcorn :/ i'm getting a cold and my body craves shite food when i'm sick...get it from my dad's side of the family :/

my stomach has CONSTANT pangs today :( ugh...i learned my lesson for the next week or so *L* lord knows i'll do it again.

why is it i always get a whoosh right after i cheat really bad??

go fig...

-lex

JuneBride
Thu, May-08-03, 15:53
I FOUND GOOD CELLULITE CREAM!!!!!!!

YES, IT'S TRUE!!! AVON!!!!

their thigh firming lotion/cream stuff!!!! you slather it on EVERY DAY and within 14 days you're supposed to see results...YOU DO!!!

within 8 weeks you should lose a full inch from your butt/thighs :)

ps: if you don't see results within 14 days you just tell 'em and they give you your money back!!

nitrovixen
Thu, May-08-03, 18:55
I found a neat site where you make a virtual model.. I made one at my current weight and one at my goal weight and looked at them side by side.. a little inspiration!
virtual model (http://www.myvirtualmodel.com)
Sounds like everyone's on track except for a few small derailments.. Good job ladies!
Luckily for us it's easy to get back on track.
I haven't been as good (Haven't been watching portions as much) and stopped taking both L-carnitine and L-phenalyn and it might be hindering my efforst just a tad. Oh well. I'm too poor to buy those expensive pills every month!
I still haven't got back into exercising.. I'm terrible I know.
Just checking in to say hello!

Sheri

sarabeth
Thu, May-08-03, 20:23
I'm trying to find good ab exercises....I have my arm and leg exercises and all but I don't have abs!! Oh well...

JuneBride
Fri, May-09-03, 13:29
good ab exercises:

CRUNCHES!!!

ok...what you do is you lay on your back, arms straight at your sides. put your legs FLAT against the ground, then raise them up about a foot (more or less as you feel comfortable)

do a set of 100 crunches at a time, maybe 2 or 3 reps. YOU'LL FEEL IT!! if you don't feel it right away, lower your legs some, but KEEP THEM OFF THE GROUND!!!

also, do the exercise where you lay on your back, then lift both feet only a couple inches from the ground and hold it for a minute or two at a time.

if these don't tone your stomach, NOTHING will!!!

-lex

luddybell
Sat, May-10-03, 01:19
ok i give up :(.... i dunno whats wrong with me... i give up ... im ready to throw in the towel on this diet... although DBF is trying to talk me out of it.. his point is "you've worked sooo hard, and now your gonna just give up?? well im not gonna let you "... well.. what can he do to stop me??? im dunno what else to do... i have been eating right no cheating taking my vitamins, drinking water, walking and still NO weight loss! soo... tonight i cheated.. i ate potatoe chips, and pink lemonade and ate 4 sugar free chocolate chip cookies, i mean its even gotten to the point where ive started counting calories, carbs and some fat... i was down to eating 600 calories a day!!! ugh... i cant take this stalling stuff!!!!

JuneBride
Sat, May-10-03, 11:23
i've been stalling like crazy too, don't worry about it.

you WILL get a whoosh!!! I KNOW IT!!!!! i usually get a whoosh right after i've cheated on SF candy...it's weird.

you'll find you're whoosh thing, don't worry!!! since i'm stalling again i think i'm going to try that egg fast...but need to find more info on it first. i think i'll start today.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

nitrovixen
Sat, May-10-03, 11:33
Heidi, if you are that sick anything goes.. If you can keep crackers down don't feel even one little pang of guilt..
Hope you feel better soon! :(

Ab exercises: The only one I've found that I can stick to (and works) is The Firm "5 day Abs". It only takes between 6 - 9 minutes a day (5 days a week) and it made my pot belly almost completely flat. If I can do it at 4:30 in the morn anyone can
It's probably the longest time I've ever stuck to any exercise regime.. I've been doing it for about 5 months now.
I also had a website bookmarked that I've since lost (due to computer problems) that promises inches lost because it works your stomach muscles from the inside and acts like a rubber band to cinch your waist in. I did them for a month and noticed results but surrendered them for the firm tape (It was easier because I could just pop it in when my brain's still asleep and do it) I'll look for it if anyone's interested.

Luddybell: It's your choice if you wanna quit but remember you will gain back what you've worked so hard to lose, and you will lose the benefits of lc'ing like not being tired, not being hungry, etc.
Stalls are the most frustrating thing in the world but it takes time to overcome them. We all go through them too. I takes a number of weeks or months before you can correctly label it a stall. The problem can be anything from Candida to you're simply not eating enough carbs. Are you making sure to get enough calcium? 1000mg calcium:500 magnesium is what we are supposed to have. If you are not eating enough fat it could be hindering your efforts too. You might try upping your fat intake, then your carbs if that doesn't work. I've talked to people on this board who had to up their carbs to lose (I'm jealose!) I'm kinda on your boat where I can't seem to get below a certain point (my body is fighting me tooth and nail!) I've been seesawing over the same 3 or 4 pounds for months.
I hope you can figure out the best thing for you. Meanwhile we are all here to talk if you need to!

Kaela: you are gonna look hot in your bikini! Maybe if you are weary you could get some of those cutie-pie board shorts to go with your swimsuit? I have some that go up to my belly button and are such a lifesaver when I'm sensitive about my body

Junebride: OMG you are doing SO good! Keep it up! :cheer:

sheri

HeidiN
Sat, May-10-03, 15:02
OK guys.. I'm finally better again :wave: thanks so much for the support, you guys rock :D :thup:

well, for some reason, this diet is sooo hard for me. I guess it's because I'm not the one going to the grocery store and there's hardly any foods available for me (besides the obvious... eggs, meat, vegetables :-/ ). Blah, I think a MAJOR reason I do so badly is because I think about it way too much. I need to relax and only think about it when I'm hungry, I bet that will help. I just get soo sick of the same foods all the time, and since my mom doesn't agree with the low-carb diet (she's heard so much bad stuff about it... I keep telling her to check out the site, but she insists she's right :rolleyes: ) she's not really much help and doesn't always plan dinner and breakfast around my low-card diet (lunch I make myself). *sigh* this will be hard, but after just eating a butterfinger, I know it's what I need to do. Thank god I have you guys. :thup:

you all are doing so great. I know it gets tough at times (believe me, I know :( ) but hang in there..I know we can all do it . Keep it up :wave: :thup:

JuneBride
Sun, May-11-03, 00:47
UGHHH I'M SO UPSET RIGHT NOW AT MYSELF AND OTHER PEOPLE!!! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE RESPECT I'M TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT?!?!?!?! :cry:

i went to a friend's house cuz she's home from college and i wanted to help her babysit her neice...

well her parents made steaks on the grill, corn, and potatoes...

well i just took the steak...her mother asked if i wanted some milk for dinner...i said no, i was fine, and she got REALLY offended!!! then just poured me chocolate milk anyway!!!

THEN when she saw i was just eating the steak she got MORE offended and gave me that shrivelling look...so i took corn and potatoes :( that put me in a slump so what did i do??

I ATE CORNCHIPS AND SALSA AND GORGED ON SF COOKIES!!!

YOU GUYS, I HATE THIS!!!!! When i tell people what i'm doing to lose weight they just give me awful looks and make me feel guilty or stupid or they go on about how "unhealthy" it is DESPITE all the facts i give them to the contrary!!!!

ugh...i just feel fat and awful and ugly and bleh :( and i miss dan SO MUCH i just wanna curl up in a ball and cry.

so i'm starting my egg fast in the morning...the only thing i'm going to add is onion for egg salad...and just a little to give it some flavor.

PLEASE let this help me and get me back on track...i can't stand being so close to goal and having people make me feel bad for wanting to be skinnier!!!

girls help :( I'M SO GLAD I HAVE ALL OF YOU!!! i'd NEVER make it in a million years without you!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! why can't they have a happy crying face *L* :)

really, you all mean a lot to me and i credit you all for my weight loss!!

-lex

luddybell
Sun, May-11-03, 00:55
well you guys i agree with lex theres no way id still be "doing this" after yesterday if it wasnt for you guys.... i have decided im gonna give it at least another month and see how my body adjusts.... so we'll see.....

HeidiN
Sun, May-11-03, 12:04
JuneBride, here's a smilie for yoiu...called Happysad. I feel that way a lot :D......
http://drpngivmeheadbtch.8k.com/images/happysad.jpg

anyhow, don't feel bad... my mom does that to me. She makes potatos (my favorite) and offers me some KNOWING I'm on a low-carb diet :mad: . It's sooo tempting. She doesn't agree with the diet at all :rolleyes: . Thank God I have this board to go to when I feel bad. :thup:

Keep going guys, you can do it.

nitrovixen
Sun, May-11-03, 13:33
Heidi, I know how you feel. I had to quit the diet because I was going absolutely CRAZY eating the same stuff.. I got to hating eggs, steak & chicken. when I went into it this time I researched a ton of recipes and make at least one or two new untried dishes each week and the rest are ol standby favorites (like pizza quiche, shrimp alfredo, cheeseburger casserole, lc tacos, etc) and this time I'm loving the food.. Even my non-lc husband LOVES what I make. Variety is key! Can you make requests for food when your mom goes to the grocery store? I feel bad for you guys who's families don't support low-carbing.. my mom is the one who got me doing it! Maybe you could give her some recipes you find and see if she will make them. Like deep dish pizza quiche! Even non-low carbers love that one. And have you been to the doctor and gotten your triglicerides, cholesterol, etc checked? Those results speak for themselves. You are supposed to get them before you start and then after 6 weeks or something, to see your improvement (sometimes if you only get it done after you've been dieting for awhile it won't be absolutely perfect because your levels have improved but still might be higher than normal..does that make sense? :daze: )

Lex- that SUCKS that your friend's mother was so inconsiderate of your wishes. It sounds like she cares about you and is upset you are dieting. Uninformed people are hard to deal with.. And also a lot of people subconsciously don't want other people to succeed, especially in weight loss! Don't be mad at yourself for giving in. At least you only ate sugar free cookies (instead of sugar-filled ones)! You are doing great!

Luddybell: yeah for you!!! :cheer:

I might have fallen off the low carb wagon if I hadn't found this site too, it has helped me so much!!

Sheri

sarabeth
Sun, May-11-03, 13:57
hey everyone. I'm with Nitrovixen....my mom got me started. The thing is that the people who know me know that if I try something I have to do everything it says.....I don't go astray at all! They usually respect my wishes and if they don't I just don't eat it. Ugh my allergies are bothering me really bad now....Georgia summers are BAD! Oh well, gotta jet. :wave: Bye!

JuneBride
Sun, May-11-03, 16:19
hey all, thanks for the support :)

well, i'm starting my egg fast today and i'm already sick of it *LOL* i had eggsalad for breakfast, 3 over-easy eggs for lunch, and more eggsalad for dinner tonight....

bleh.

it's only for a few days, though. KICK THESE CRAVINGS!!!!!

yeahhh...my friend's whole family is overweight....her mother obesely so. so yeah, i think in part it is she doesn't like people dieting...makes her feel bad about herself maybe?? i won't judge.

well, i weighed in at 189 this morning :( BUT THAT'S OK!!! I'm DETERMINED to get down to 180 by the 18th!!!! or at least try!! :wink:

EEK, gotta run to the vet and walk dogs then run to the theatre...

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY :)

Wannabeski
Sun, May-11-03, 17:28
JuneBride,
It's great that you got right back on the diet today, and hopefully stronger this time than the last. I seem to be cheating a lot lately but not as bad as before. Hopefully it'll stop all together. I want to make this diet work for me. I'm so glad I have all of you to encourage me, it helps so much. I KNOW we can all do this! I'm also starting the egg fast. I've been trying to start it since last Tuesday but :thdown: So tomorrow is the day for sure this time. Please let us all know how it goes and I'll be sure to also. Thanks, Take Care and God Bless

luddybell
Sun, May-11-03, 17:38
:D ok guys...long time not "type" im glad to see you guys are doing soo well ... :)...

well, my planned "off" week has arrived.... (first time i planned a cheat since i started) im "off" till Thursday, due to it being a special event for me and the Db.. and he's gonna be cooking dinner one night and im gonna be cooking the other night ( i'll be cooking his favorite, lasagna, homeade garlic rolls and some kinda desert)... BUT i promise i'll be back bright and early thursday on induction again ( especially since i finally read the book and figured out what i was doing wrong!!! LOL)... welp you guys have a great great great start of the week..... luv yaz...

Misty :D

JuneBride
Mon, May-12-03, 08:12
Hey everybody!!! Ugh...my mom was doing this diet and is constantly bitching that she isn't losing weight fast enough...ugh.

She doesn't count carbs, she eats the carb bars, and then complains that she doesn't lose weight. SHE JUST EATS CRAP!!!!

ugh...It's really REALLY annoying.

Anyway, i'm back up to 189 :( NOOOOO i'm so sad :( ugh....and the egg fast made me nauseous alllll day. I feel so ill. I don't know if it was the egg fast or what...but UGH i feel nauseous. And i got called into work super early today. bleh.

So no egg fast for me today...well...maybe. I'll bring some hard boiled eggs and just work on that. I NEED to get this weight off!!!

I feel so frumpy and icky right now :( I was doing SO WELL and then BOOM there's 4 lbs!!! I wish i had time to exercise :(

ugh...alright. Have to go drop my car off to be fixed and then get to work...5 hours early...*sigh*

-lex

sarabeth
Mon, May-12-03, 08:48
Hey Junebride, my mom is doing the same thing. She just counts what she assumes is th correct amount and then doesn't understand why she isn't losing anything. I try to tell her to be precise but she won't listen. Oh well....

I lost 2 pounds! I am very happy. I was getting kind of nervous there because if I stall over the summer I will be very upset. I want to look completely different for my 2nd year of college.....no more sitting in the corner because of the fear of people who will make fun of me! Yay! :cheer: Oh well, gotta jet....got physical therapy today....whoopee :rolleyes: bye! :wave:

HeidiN
Mon, May-12-03, 17:34
you all are so sweet, I'm so grateful I found you guys :wave: OK I cheated today..... :( :( :( but tomarrow I'm going to the grocery store and buying SF jellow and other types of foods that will help me through the day... anyone eles have any suggestions for INDUCTION foods besides the typical meat, cheese and eggs? I was wondering if you guys still drank diet sodas with aspratame? because I do and I know I'm not supposed to but I really love my diet coke and that's all my mom buys (I doubt she will switch over to diet check, I think it's called). also, is it the aspratame or the caffine that slow the weight loss?

thanks so much guys, you're all doing SO great, keep it up :wave: :thup:

JuneBride
Mon, May-12-03, 18:06
ugh...I'M SO BLOATED AND I STILL WEIGH 189 AFTER 2 DAYS OF EGGS!!!!

and i still feel ill...so i'm stoppin'. no more egg fast right now...ugh.

I haven't been drinking soda the past few days at all and i'm SO BLOATED!!!!! i have to take one of my mom's diaretics just to get the fluid to leave my system!!!! i tried drinking craploads more water and that just made me more bloated!!!

ughhhh i feel so ill...must go lay down

good luck girlies :)

-lex

sarabeth
Mon, May-12-03, 20:36
I still drink diet coke and diet sprite...I only have 1 a day though. The rest of the time it's water. Aspartame is great for me, it doesn't really do much, but for some people it stall them, so be careful. :wave: Bye!

JuneBride
Tue, May-13-03, 11:30
OMG OMG OMG I LOST 5 LBS OVERNIGHT!!!! WO0T :) IT WAS WATER WEIGHT!!!!!

and i say DIET COKE IS GOOOOOOD :) i didn't have any and i GAINED 4 lbs...HOW CRAPPY IS THAT??

the only way to get the water outta me is diet coke...one a day :) otherwise WATER WATER WATER!!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY~!!!!

and btw: colgage nightime whitening brush stuff works REALLY REALLY REALLY well!!! i used it just last night and you can TOTALLY see the difference :)

jamian
Tue, May-13-03, 16:24
Hey, everyone!
I am a new member and I just found this student room, so I thought I'd say Hi! :wave:
I'm at UC Davis, a third year biochemistry major. I've been on Atkins for about 8 wks and have lost 16lbs and am so satisfied with the way I look now. I'm doing pre maintenance now as I take off the last couple pounds.

So glad I found this board and people just like me fighting the finals binge attacks! It seems like I can't study w/o eating! But finger jello and chicken tenders are my new best friends!

Jamian

JuneBride
Tue, May-13-03, 17:50
mmmmm...chicken tenders.

do you use any type of breading at all?? i have some of the low-carb bread making stuff but i can't stomach it at all :P ugh!!

maybe i should give it another try...

what SHOULD we use as breading?? i'm getting so sick of chicken without a crispy crust :(

2bfree
Tue, May-13-03, 22:44
Hey everyone :wave:

I am done with finals and back in Atlanta, the land of heat so thick you can cut it!!!

Breading, hmmm, you could try pork rinds, parmesaen? cheese, can't think of anymore, but you could check out the recipe section. They have some good ideas.

Welcome aboard, Jamian!! I feel you on the snacking :p .

Great to hear everyone is doing good. Best of luck, ladies!!

Grace

sarabeth
Wed, May-14-03, 07:21
Oh, parmesan cheese is wonderful with chicken...I eat that all the time whenever I have a craving for breaded chicken. It's really good! just melt some butter, coat the chicken with it, and put it in a bag with parmesan cheese in it...shake it up and BAM! instant good chicken! just watch out because the cheese tends to stick to the pan....oh! Whoever was talking about green tea, you are my new best friend! I looove green tea. I found decaffeinated green tea and it is really good! I just drink it straight too, for breakfast (with other food of course!) c'est tres bon! Ok, well gotta jet. :wave: Bye!

PS...WELCOME JAMIAN!! :agree:

jamian
Wed, May-14-03, 08:27
I buy these big bags of frozen not breaded chicken strips, then fry 'em up with whatevever seasonings I want like Italian seasoning, chili powder, garlic, lemon pepper etc. (still no breading) and eat them as finger food for snacking or cut up and put in salads. You can also melt cheese on them and put sour cream and salsa on them (watch the carbs though). I swear I could live on those things.

P.s.

About breading: I have the Atkins cook book that suggests ground up pork rinds as mentioned before, soy flour, or ground up nuts or sessame seeds. You need a food processor though, and my little bare bones kitchen just isn't that well equipt so I just do without breading.

Jamian

luddybell
Thu, May-15-03, 17:39
hello all you beautiful people... i have had a greattttttt start of the week although i had a "free" cheating time... but hey... the boyfriend cooked dinner for me one night ;)... sooooooo come monday i gotta go back on induction ( cant really go back right now .. house is full of pasta and i dont get paid till monday :( )

but monday its induction 101 for me hehe ...

JuneBride
Thu, May-15-03, 19:28
i can't STAND going back on induction every single time i cheat...i should...but i can't STAND it!!!!!

yesturday i didn't cheat AT ALL, and today so far so good too :) i limited myself to 5 of my l/c nut crackers with cream cheese, 2 cheese curds, and a little peanut butter as treats...

had a gyro with just meat 'n onion too...mmmmm....good stuff :)

i'm SO worn out today, though....the Matrix had a special 10pm showing last night and i had to deal with a group full of underage drunkards and their drunk chaperones who were well into their 30's...maybe early 40's...

argh. long story short, the boys decided to start a fight in the auditorium after the show!!! YAY!!!!!

bleh..stupid kids. STUPID WORK!!!!!! $6 an hour is SO not enough...

-lex

sarabeth
Thu, May-15-03, 21:00
Ugh I am SO sore! I was playing frisbee with some friends, but it was that ultimate frisbee....I was running from one side of the field to another and my legs don't hurt from it.....my hips do....I guess from absorbing the shock, I dunno, but I am really sore at my sides/hips....ugh. stretching does help though...I stretched out my sides using my exercise ball. I cheated with the scale and I found out that I lost another pound and a half....I'm not supposed to weigh myself until sunday, but I figured hey why not? so I weighed in at 191.5! Yay! :cheer: So how is everyone else doing (dumb question, I know)..? Oh well, I got a long day in front of me tomorrow, so I'll talk to yall later. :wave: Bye!

HeidiN
Fri, May-16-03, 20:00
My mom has not been supportive whatsoever through my atkins dieting because of all the bad things she's heard about it. Well, today she made my favorite cake in hopes of getting my off it (it's worked in the past) and finally I sat down with her and told her exactly how I felt about this diet. I explained how important it was for me to look good because for me, looking good on the outside makes me feel good on the inside. Then I brought her to the atkins website and informed her everything about the diet and guess what... she's now on the diet with me :D she's only about 10lbs over-weight, but she's still going to LC with me and help me out. This means so much to me because there will be more available foods to keep me from cheating and she will be there to support me and keep me going. I'm so grateful she now understands... I can't tell you how much this means to me. My life seems so m uch brighter all of a sudden :D

luddybell
Fri, May-16-03, 20:04
woohoo heidi :) good going glad you have someone to support you now ............ im being a bad bad girl lol *hides the pasta*.... but i know i am gonna jump back on the wagon... soon :)

aznlily68
Sat, May-17-03, 18:11
omgosh.....can i please be a part of this too?
I desperatly need a buddy!!!
Im 14, turning 15 next month.
I need some support and i promise I'll give u some too!!!

luddybell
Sat, May-17-03, 18:14
you sure can join :) the more the merrier :)

HI! I'm Misty ... I'm 21 years old.... and you'll find that all these girls are a great support team :).... theres no way I would have stuck with this plan as long as i did (before i blew it this week and cheated) with out them... its back to the ole induction for me... :(... but hey .... im here if you need to talk :) good luck!!

aznlily68
Sat, May-17-03, 18:46
THANX!
hmmmm....where to start?
my main problem so far:
im on a stall and im going to start the egg fast.....or should i just go back to induction foods? I eat a bar everyday along with a lot of sf things.

Also, im a cooking/baking fanatic
im looking for some REALLY low carb recipes....or anything at all. Wuold u recommend anything?

How about you? you have anything you need to spill? im always here for ya :D

luddybell
Sat, May-17-03, 19:01
first of all i would CUT the bars out and see if that helps the stall they seem to stall some people, myself included... do not go on the egg diet unless its your LAST try... i would try induction again.... if i were you :) Just MHO

HeidiN
Sun, May-18-03, 08:27
hey guys :wave: thanks luddybell :D

well, I'm still on INDUCTION and I cheated :eek: honestly I don't feel so guilty. Maybe it's because I'm EXTREMELY sunburned from going to the tanning bed too long... OMG PAIN. My stomach hurts sooo bad when my sirt rubs up against it and my butt looks like a red hot chili pepper. very painful. My friend went with me (both our first time for this year) and we decided to go 15 instead of the required 10min. She got somewhat burned but not nearly as bad as me... I am blonde and have fair skin :-/ . Doesn't it bug you when your friends are so skinny and eat like pigs but you can't eat all that because you'll gain weight :mad: . My best friend is 5'4" and 105lbs... she looks almost anorexnic and she eats soooo much. it's not fair :( :(

Oh well, life's not fair I guess. :( Last night I had a dream that it was HALLOWEEN and I got so much candy and I was eating a whole lot of that junk food. Now I'm hungry :( today's gonna be a tough one... good luck guys :wave:

aznlily68
Sun, May-18-03, 15:01
hey heidi!!
wow, i so know how you feel!!
so sorry bout the burns!!! but it'll settle and you'll look great!! :D
o my.....haloween.....all the candy....::drool::

luddybell
Sun, May-18-03, 18:17
hmm halloween ::drools:: cannnnnnnnnnndy lol...

hey guys.. one more day till induction dooms day 101 LOL.... cant wait actually hopefully "kick" starting induction again i'll lose more weight WOOHOO :)

sarabeth
Mon, May-19-03, 11:08
hey everyone! Sorry, long time no talk. I have been SO HUNGRY lately! I think it's because of the fact that it's summer for me and I have no transportation to go anywhere so I'm stressing and bored and just mad! :mad: but the funny thing is that I'm still staying on the 20 carb limit! I'll eat and eat and eat and I'll still stay under 20! It's strange. Oh well, welcome diana, hope you find us helpful, I have. I wouldn't have lost as much as I have without their help! I know that I shouldn't give up when I stall (not yet luckily) and that sporatic gaining is normal, it'll come off....OK enough praise, I really gotta go. Bye! :wave:

HeidiN
Mon, May-19-03, 16:29
Haha, I shouldn't have mentioned Halloween... sorry guys ;)

OK I went a little over 20 carbs today :( :thdown: I forgot my lunch for school today and after 8 hours, I was desparate and my friend had a peice of sugar gum and I was starving, so I ate it. :( Hopefully it didn't have a lot of carbs/sugar. Then when I got home I had a 14carb protien bar (my mom bought them) and it was pretty damn good. Then I whipped up a recipe I found on this board that tasted like a wendys frosty. It was excellent. I think around 6carbs or so.

ugh, I'm mad at myself now... I know those bars aren't good to have on induction but when you're starving, none of that seems to matter. I'm not gonna go above 20 tomarrow, then the next day I will try to stay under 10. wish me luck :spin:

sarabeth
Mon, May-19-03, 19:06
What recipe tastes like a frosty? I'm dying for something like that! :yum:

HeidiN
Mon, May-19-03, 19:20
Originally posted by sarabeth
What recipe tastes like a frosty? I'm dying for something like that! :yum:

it's absolutely delicious, and very low-carb too (can have on induction, I'm sure).

1 cup heavy cream
1 cup half and half (to cut down on the carbs, I put 1/2c more heavy cream and 1/2c water mixed together instead of half and half)
2 eggs
3/4 cup splenda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tbs. cocoa

Mix all ingredients together well (I put it in a metal bowl and stirred with a spatula) then put it in the freezer for a few hours. (you can pour into individual serving bowls before you freeze if you'd like). It will get hard, but just let it sit for a while until it's soft.

8 servings
Total Carb Grams 24 (will lower if you cut out half and half and sub cream and water)
Carbs per serving 3 (will also lower if you cut out half and half)

not entierly sure how many carbs are in it after cutting out the half and half but it can't be many at all.

click here for other ice cream recipes... you don't need an ice cream maker for these. :thup: http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/rrecipe011.html

sarabeth
Mon, May-19-03, 19:29
Thanks!!! :D

JuneBride
Mon, May-19-03, 21:32
oh my god...you guys have NO idea how much i needed the chocolate icecream recipe!!! WHAT A STRESSFUL WEEKEND!!!!

BUT: i bought my first pair of size 14 jeans today :) WOO-HOO!!!!!!

i'm still stuck around 185 lbs, though :/ and i don't see my measurements changing any :(

-lex

sarabeth
Tue, May-20-03, 09:45
Awww, it's ok Lex. Just stick with it......your body will come around eventually! Congrats on the size 14 jeans! I'm gonna try that ice cream recipe today and see what's gonna happen, since I'm not much of a cook! I can mess up anything you can think of! Oh well, I'm gonna try it! Bye! :wave:

HeidiN
Tue, May-20-03, 15:02
Wow, congrats JuneBride. :thup:

I've had 17 carbs today and I'm starving and desparate for some carbs. Ya know what's funny? My dad is on the diet with me and he couldn't resist some pretzels last night... I tried to talk him into putting them back but he wouldn't. He's not really over-weight though, so it doesn't matter. 6'3" 180lbs sounds right for a man, imo.

The scale says I'm down 2 lbs but for some reason I feel fat today :( . I guess it's just one of those days...

sarabeth
Wed, May-21-03, 05:31
Oh I cheated SO BAD yesterday! I was over at a friend's house and I was starving, so I had Bagel Bites and fries! Funny thing is that I don't care. I'm allowed to cheat every now and then, that was the first time I ever cheated, so it's okay, right?

jamian
Wed, May-21-03, 09:34
I think it is very theraputic to release yourself from guilt for a day and have a cheat day now and then. I know when I did last week I felt great all day, and just spent a couple days on induction to get back on track. Have'nt had any cravings since, it totally got it out of my system. I think thats better than fighting it every day and being miserable.

Jamian

nitrovixen
Wed, May-21-03, 19:38
this is gonna be fast cause I'm late in making dinner for the BF when he comes home from work.. eek!
But just wanted to stop in and say hello after Jamian reminded me where the thread is. (I totally lost it when my subscribed threads stopped showing up in my profile!)
I have been binging like crazy and tomarrow I'm going back on induction. I'm gonna break my wimpy little willpower problem if it kills me!

Sounds like a lot of you are keeping sane and doing great! congrats. And hallejuah on some of you whose family members are starting out and supporting you!! That helps so much. To date both my mom and dad are low carbing, neither is overweight (in fact through lc'ing my mom now wears the same size as me! :) ) and two of my aunts and one uncle, and one of my cousins! Pretty soon the whole family will be doing it.

Ok, I'd better go make dinner!
it's good to read up on y'all and see how well you are doing!
Sheri

jamian
Wed, May-21-03, 23:56
We need to start an "Atkins Megalomainacs Club" and take over the world, convert them all to LC, resistance is futile! I swear every LCer I've talked to has converted at least two other people. I don't see how anyone stands a chance. Just think how great it will be when LC is just as poplular as low fat and we can go to a restaurant and see a low carb menu section instead of (or at least allong with) low fat. Or go to Starbucks and get a sugar free, full fat, decaf mocha and a LC muffin. Won't be too much longer I think. ;)

Jamian

sarabeth
Thu, May-22-03, 09:34
That's great man! Have parts of restaurant menus dedicated to LCing people.....kinda like the low fat or fat free part......ha! But restaurants are pretty open minded to the LCing peoples of the world ;) Oh well, I blew it again yesterday....I binged on SF chocolate. Oops....I'll get over it....I'm majorly stressed because the VA has yet to send me my money and I'm getting annoyed :mad: it was supposed to be here a month ago! This makes me mad. I guess I'll get over that too. Oh well, bon voyage for now. :wave:

HeidiN
Thu, May-22-03, 17:22
Yeah, I got both my parents on the LC diet!! that's awesome. Last night I was watching the news with my parents and the atkins diet was the subject and they had all these great things to say about it and people were talking about how great it was and how much weight they lost and they were showing resterants with LC menus, etc.. my parents were fascinated and were happy I told them about it! how great.

Kaela
Fri, May-23-03, 09:25
Hi guys remember me??? I've been gone fr a while but I'd like to re-join if that's okay with you all? *smiles timidly*

I've been doing pretty good. I'm a size 9/10 in junior's jeans :) I used to be a 13/15
I'm still not bikini ready though.
I'm glad everyone seems to be doing good :) Ok, I'm gonna go for a walk outside now. Have a great day everyone!

jamian
Fri, May-23-03, 11:17
Kaela,
:wave: I'm pretty new to the forum, so you don't konw me yet but I want to congradulate you on your success! :clap: :thup:
That is so great dropping two sizes! It feels awesome doesn't it! And you're so close to your final goal now, me too. Only 5# to go, but the last five are the hardest. I know we'll make it. Right now my biggest problem is that I've dropped a size or two but still trying to wear the same clothes, cause I haven't had time or $ to go shopping :( I can't wait to buy some great summer stuff in size 9! Loosing weight and fitting into smaller cuter clothes is so great but it sucks too 'cause it makes you broke.

See ya around! :wiggle:

Jamian

sarabeth
Fri, May-23-03, 11:25
Kaela! You're back! My dog is trying to eat my food! Welcome back and congrats on your lost weight. I think that I won't lose any this week because of my cheat...oh well, no biggie. Congrats for you too Jamian, for losing what you had to! Oh well, I gtg. Bye!

luddybell
Fri, May-23-03, 15:53
hey you guys day four reinduction is going great :) i feel soooo great all except TOM came UGh.. what a way to start over huh??? LOL... welp its ok... even after my binge last week, i have noticed that my pants are fitting looser... so i tried on a pair one size smaller ... they fit but are still a lil tight... too tight to wear to work around truckers if you know what i mean LOL... anyways... just wanted to check in with you guys... i love ya all.. you guys are the only reason i have actually stuck with this wol ... b/c i actually found friends :)... ok enough sappiness LOL..stay sweet girls :) ::hugssssssssss::

Misty

sarabeth
Fri, May-23-03, 19:52
Hey Misty...I binged earlier this week so I don't know how that's gonna go. Oh well....my dog is trying for my food again! Ugh! I gotta go before he eats it all! :wave: Bye!

HeidiN
Sat, May-24-03, 04:58
OMG, I just woke up from dreaming that I had cheated by an accident! I ate 2 king size kit kat bars beofre I realized and then I thought... what the hell, I might as well eat these 2 snicker bars and this package of donuts. I woke up thinking I had actually done it, but then I realized it was a dream....... THANK GOD. I guess the DELICIOUS protien shake (peanut butter/chocolate) tricked me into thinking I had cheated!

Welcome back Kaela :wave: