PDA

View Full Version : Is this really weird? Or what?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Karrahs
Wed, Mar-26-03, 00:43
Here I am trying to lose weight to be healthy and prettier, and I find that I am attracted to overweight, or chubby guys! What is wrong with me? I have never thought that you had to be thin to be beautiful, so maybe that's it. I think, however, that most "big" guys are just plain nicer.

Karrahs
Wed, Mar-26-03, 00:45
I just reread that post, and I am weird for even writing that! Am I obsessed or something? Who knows. *laughs at herself* oh well, life will go on. :D

BeccaResRN
Wed, Mar-26-03, 02:15
Hey we've always know that beauty is from inside well....hansomeness is the same way. A lot of heavier guys aren't conceited and stuck up and don't expect girl to look like a stick...although you are getting thinner by the day it looks like...

What really counts is how a guy treats you and that he listens and respects you... :)

ladyfunk25
Wed, Mar-26-03, 14:03
Karrah, there is definitely nothing wrong with being attracted to guys with a little extra padding! If that's what you like, more power to you! And becca is right, the most important thing is a guy who treats who well!

However, the only thing I worry about is that maybe you purposely avoid thinner guys because you are afraid of rejection? If skinny guys really don't do it for you, that is totally fine, but make sure you don't cross guys off your list because you don't think it will happen.
By the way, I'm sure all the guys out there who are overweight would be glad to hear there are girls who dig it! :daze:

-Angie

IwillLose
Tue, Aug-05-03, 07:10
Although you are probably attracted to them for the right reasons, I feel that I have sometimes been attracted to guys who werent that great-looking because of my low self-esteem. They don't make me feel bad about myself.

galaga6846
Tue, Aug-05-03, 07:15
Karrah,
Just because you're attracted to bigger guys doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you! Think of all the married people who must post on this site! If it weren't for the "chubby chasers" these people may never have found true love.
My thin friend Maggie for example, has a tendency to go for big chubby guys. She just likes them! They make her feel...ummm...safe.
I say go for what you like! If you are attracted to fat dudes, then more power to ya! Fat guys need lovin' too.

Tsve
Mon, Sep-01-03, 17:59
there is nothing wrong with being picky. your tastes may even change in time. I am ususually only attracted to guys with a small frame, and bulky muscular types or hefty sort of fellows don't make it for me. that is physical attraction though, and I don't choose friends in the same regard