PDA

View Full Version : So Fustrated!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lessara
Fri, Mar-21-03, 12:34
Today was the weekly Friday lunch that my boss buys for everyone. Usually is anything but low carb. :( Its bad enough that I have to eat something different but today my boss in her kind voice asked if my "diet" was really working because I haven't lost much weight. I have lost at least 7lbs and I lost 2 inches but because I'm so big it goes unnoticed. I didn't give in. I'm sitting here eating my tuna salad. :thup: I like the fact I'm losing slow. I'm not so nervous about changing sizes. Being in the 280s will be a new feeling for me. I haven't been that weight at least 3-5 years.

igaligal7
Sat, Mar-22-03, 16:05
Good for you for sticking to the plan. People can be so insensitive. :mad: One day you will have sweet revenge when she realizes that your way of eating "works". In the meantime, stay positive.

Laura D
Sat, Apr-26-03, 01:25
Yes, some people are just jerks and the thing is they often don't even realize it!

I've been on the receiving end of it too sister :(

Just stick to it and you really will show him!

Pugzilla
Sat, Apr-26-03, 20:13
I understand how you feel, too. Even though I would have preferred not to, I told a couple of people at work that I was on Atkins because we were having a "food day party" and I wasn't eating any of the hi-carb junk I used to relish. Anyway, the other day someone asked me how the plan was going. When I said it was going really well and that I had lost 10 lbs in the last 4 weeks, they just looked at me like they didn't believe me and said, "Really?"

When you've got alot to lose, it takes longer for people to notice. But I noticed, because I know I'm losing inches too, my clothes tell me every day!

People are so hard on you when you're overweight, and then they're hard on you when you're trying to lose. But coming to this forum where there are lots of people going through exactly the same thing is really helpful.

Keep your spirits up and don't let the nitwits get you down.

Remember, you can lose weight but as for the people who make insensitive comments...well, stupid is forever! ;)