PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from *UTAH*??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thin at 30
Thu, Mar-20-03, 15:28
I'd love to find some email friends from the Utah area. I'm sure there are lot's of us out there.

I'm 30yr's old and I have 2 small boys. I started on Atkins in July of 2002 and I've lost 31 lbs so far and I'm hoping to lose 69 more. :daze:

16handz
Tue, Apr-01-03, 18:57
I am from Southern Utah and woud love to email, support or whatever you need. I am in it for the long haul. I am 43 (I think) with only one teenage girl left at home. Hope to here from you! Cheryl

thin at 30
Wed, Apr-02-03, 17:37
It's nice to see someone from Utah. I'm living in the SL area. It looks like you've done really well. How long have you been lcing? Ah a 16 yr old at home...I'm sure your enjoying that. :daze:

Feel free to email anytime! wildflower459~hotmail.com

Laika
Sun, Apr-13-03, 16:33
I am from Utah (Kaysville), and just started the Atkins diet. Would love to find out where to go to get good products that are Atkins compliant. Any ideas?

canoc
Wed, Sep-24-03, 19:58
not very many people from Utah eh. Anyone still here from Utah?

J.R.
Fri, Nov-14-03, 15:35
I'm from Midvale, UT and work in Salt Lake City. My story is now on two websites--Atkins and ediets.com.

The first all low carb store in the area has its grand opening on Saturday, November 15, 2003. It's located at 7th East and 8900 South. There will be free samples and 25% off Atkin's products. I met the owner on Thursday night, November 13, and certainly plan on going to the grand opening. This store has items that I have not seen in other stores that carry low carb items.

The owner says that several low carb cafes are open or opening soon in the area, too.

If you are traveling to Tempe, Arizona, or Las Vegas, Nevada, I know of low carb stores there with cafes. Send me an e-mail for more details.

Check out the website atkinsdiet.meetup.com. There are only 6 people registered for the Salt Lake area, but I know that there are many others out there. I used to go to a support group on Monday evenings at a local health food store. It would be nice to get the Atkins dieters together again.

canoc
Fri, Nov-14-03, 16:56
That's cool to hear about a low carb store here in Utah. I think low carbing is still an underground thing here in Utah. I'm getting sick of all the Low-fat crap on TV from the local news.

I live in Salt Lake, but I grew up in Sandy so I know exactly where that store will be. I'll have to go check it out.

bookwoman
Fri, Nov-14-03, 18:20
Hey,
I grew up in Layton, lived in Syracuse, Clearfield and West Valley, but now I live in Evanston, WY. So, I'm sort of in Utah. My Hubby and I met at Layton High, have been married for 13 years, have one daughter (2 yr old), and have been LCing since June. He's lost 30 lbs and I've lost almost 20 (took two months off while being pregnant, but miscarried :cry: in October).

It's been interesting to change my whole way of thinking, since culturally, potatoes are THE THING, not to mention ice cream and jello :lol:

I've had luck finding some low carb stuff at Wal-Mart and at Smith's. In fact, I get my wheat gluten and soy flour (Bob's Red Mill brand) at Smith's because it's cheepest there...even cheeper than at Wild Oats. Great to see a LC store opening up in the valley, I hope their prices are competitive. I'll have to drop in one of these days.

Nice to see y'all

--Mindy

KatA
Wed, Feb-25-04, 22:11
this board has been dormant for a while! I'm new here , started atkins feb 1st and I am way stoked to find out there is a low carb store in SLC. I live in the Ogden area. Hi to everyone!

IAMALOSER
Wed, Mar-03-04, 07:53
Hello Everyone From Utah
I Am In Sandy.. I Did Not Know Of The Store On 7th East I Will Have To Check It Out. I Have Been On Atkins Since Oct. And Have Lost 43 Pounds.
Anyone Here In Utah Can Email Me At
I Love To Hear From You All.. Maybe We Can Breath Some Life Back Into This THREAD.:Party:

I AM 44 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 24 YEARS. HAVE TO GO TO WORK NOW BUT WILL WRITE MORE LATER.. HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOME OF YOU

IAMALOSER
Thu, Mar-04-04, 08:00
anyone here going to do the 5K on April 24th..

pamelak1
Fri, Mar-19-04, 12:40
Hi fellow Utahans,

I am 35 years young, married for 16 1/2 years and have two teenagers at home. I live in Price :confused: . Wish we had more low carb products here. I have been doing Atkins for almost a year and have lost 42 pounds.

Would love to chat with anyone and make new friends.

Pam

ndhulst
Fri, Apr-02-04, 20:28
goodness pam...where do you find lc stuff in price :) LOL

you are very close to goal that is so cool...I can't wait till I say I am close hehe but at the rate I lose it will be awhile!!

canoc
Sat, Apr-03-04, 17:48
What kind of program is Anti-fungal? :roll:

ndhulst
Fri, Apr-09-04, 09:48
It's very similar to atkins...in fact I could follow most of the plan just a little different at first...a little more strict as you are trying to cleanse fungus out of your body!

I lived in a house w/ mold and got sick(though they didn't find this til months after!!) but I finally went on this diet because nothing was helping me feel better...now that the cleanse is done I mostly stick to atkins...

IAMALOSER
Fri, Apr-09-04, 10:24
How Are You All Doing.. I Am Restarting Atkins On Monday.. Went Away For A While But Now I Am Back With Bells On.. Want To Be Ready For The 5k On The 24th Of This Month

Azraelle
Sun, Apr-11-04, 20:51
So this is what is known as a "group". I'm 51, married 22 years, divorced 5 years, 5 children, 2 granddaughters. I live in Saint George, at the moment, re-attending college at Dixie State. There is a diabetic store here (across from the Sears Mall) that sells alot of lo-carb products, as does the local WalMart grocery centers, and Vitamin World.