PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecake

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pennygale
Tue, Mar-18-03, 22:36
Several has asked for this recipe....hope you enjoy.

8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
2 eggs
3 packages of sugar substitute (calls for sweet and low)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract

Cream cream cheese and eggs, mix in rest of ingredients.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes

Top of cheesecake. ( I prefer this cheescake without topping with out topping it has less carbs)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 packet sugar substitute (recipe calls for equal)

Pour over cooled cheesecake..
This makes 4 servings..... You really need to double recipe and cook in a round baking dish lightly sprayed with Pam.

cheesecake recipe with topping - 1/4 of pie has 5.5 carbs.
double recipe with topping - 1/8 of pie has 5.5 carbs.

Hope you enjoy....
Penny

Laczkoskie
Thu, Mar-20-03, 21:15
Hey Penny...

Sounds like a great cheesecake. Do you do anything to the pan? Like crumb it or grease it? What size pan?

I love cheesecake. I make one for St. Valentine's Day for my daughter and me. Everyone else was pigging out on cookies, candy and soda and we had everyone drooling over our cheesecake and chocolate truffles.!!! Will try yours as soon as I get to the market. Mary Laczkoskie

pennygale
Thu, Mar-20-03, 22:02
This cheesecake does not have a crust, but if you are hungry for cheesecake it hits the spot. I use just a glass pie plate, spayed with pam.
Hope you enjoy..
Penny